Digi Cards and Driving Assesments

:question: Have tried searching for old topics on this subject but am struggling :frowning:

What are the implications / rules etc if any, of going for an assesment with a potential new employer, after i’ve done my normal 5 nights on shift.

Obviously my current employer will know i’ve driven outside of my shift pattern when my card is next downloaded, question is can they do anything ? Provided i still have all the correct weekly rest breaks etc and stay legal, before i go back on shift that is.

Any help appreciated :smiley: :smiley:

sharky the shredder:
:?: Have tried searching for old topics on this subject but am struggling :frowning:

What are the implications / rules etc if any, of going for an assesment with a potential new employer, after i’ve done my normal 5 nights on shift.

Obviously my current employer will know i’ve driven outside of my shift pattern when my card is next downloaded, question is can they do anything ? Provided i still have all the correct weekly rest breaks etc and stay legal, before i go back on shift that is.

Any help appreciated :smiley: :smiley:

A good question, however, aside from the legal implications, your current employer might not be happy about your wish to leave them. You might, and I say might, start getting the less desirable work and hours. Good luck anyway.

Providing you have had the leagal breaks etc and do not come up with an infringement, would they actually notice?

Talk to the assessor about doing it without your card he might understand I did this once, most won’t let you do it though unfortunately.

waddy640:
your current employer might not be happy about your wish to leave them. You might, and I say might, start getting the less desirable work and hours. Good luck anyway.

:open_mouth: On the 1st point i don’t honestly think they’d give a monkeys except that they’d be scratching around for a driver willing to do the things in the 2nd point !!

Just feeling like most people here :angry: :angry: i’m just in a position ( possibly :wink: ) to GTFOut and the last month has just about put the tin lid on things :angry:

Oh dear, I have misplaced/lost my digicard !! - will have to do a manual printout

I must apply for a new one … ah … I found it … tomorrow :wink:

ROG:
Oh dear, I have misplaced/lost my digicard !! - will have to do a manual printout

Most companies I’ve done assessments for wouldn’t give you an assessment unless you’ve got your card with you, along with the license it’s generally one of the first things they check.

tachograph:

ROG:

Most companies I’ve done assessments for wouldn’t give you an assessment unless you’ve got your card with you, along with the license it’s generally one of the first things they check.

Its worth a go though, if they say no card no assessment then your card could miraculously suddenly turn up enabling you to complete the assessment, I think most assessors know the score. :wink:

sharky the shredder:

waddy640:
your current employer might not be happy about your wish to leave them. You might, and I say might, start getting the less desirable work and hours. Good luck anyway.

:open_mouth: On the 1st point i don’t honestly think they’d give a monkeys except that they’d be scratching around for a driver willing to do the things in the 2nd point !!

Just feeling like most people here :angry: :angry: i’m just in a position ( possibly :wink: ) to GTFOut and the last month has just about put the tin lid on things :angry:

If things are that bad then as long as you comply with the law I wouldn’t worry about how they feel about it. As I said before good luck and I hope things work out ok.

del949:
Providing you have had the leagal breaks etc and do not come up with an infringement, would they actually notice?

Probably, when the analysing software throws up an unknown reg number, happened at our place!
Driver was told, if he wasn’t happy, he is free to leave at the end of the week.

to be honest I know little about the analysing software but wonder why it would throw up a strange reg no.
Surely it would only throw up info regarding infringments etc.
There must be times I guess when a hire vehicle is used.

I’ve been thinking about this lately too. I’m looking for a tramping job but working afternoons/nights on agency at the moment. So If I go for a driving assessment at say 10am then as far as my driving hours go, I have started my shift at 10am, regardless of the fact that I don’t start work until 14.00…

when you get in truck put your card in upside down :unamused: it will bugger around with it for a bit and then spit it out hey presto faulty card :wink: :wink: and you’ll have do printouts

bagpuss:
when you get in truck put your card in upside down :unamused: it will bugger around with it for a bit and then spit it out hey presto faulty card :wink: :wink: and you’ll have do printouts

And the assessor looks at you as if you are an idiot, takes it off you and sticks it in the right way up:)

I think that as long as you keep within your hours your employer is unlikely to notice.

Tell your boss you hired a truck to do move some furniture. Not the whole truth, but better than trying to fiddle things.
Just my little bit
Cheers
Paul

The assessor mite let you use his card if you ask him.

the last assessment i had, i was told to bring my licence (both parts) and digi card , but was given a analogue equiped vehicle ■■ i wasnt working at the time ,but if i had have been i dont think i would have been showing my employer the disc.

I’ll probably get shot down in flames for this - last assessment I had (didnt take job) - I had the same problem - i.e didnt want current employer knowing, and yes he would notice - so assessor just checked I had a card and did printout at start and at end saying I had forgotten my card.

What about… use your card - if boss man picks it up… say you drove your misses mates hoss box… drover your bro’s truck to take him racing… paid for a cpc fuel efficency course - that was on the road - got given a free assesment on your driving cause one of your mates firm had a spare place…

I think its quite degrading to have an “assessment”.