DIGI Card help needed - Very worried guys

As im finishing my shift tonight about 5pm, i pressed the eject button on my digi card and it started counting down as usual, but ive then forgot to press end country and let itnthrow it out.

I usually keep it in my wagon but as im on a different wagon tomorrow, minds gone completley off track, ive had such a crap day that i actually need one.

Im due to start at 0400am tomorrow and there is no way i can get the keys as theyre in the building, and theres no possible way i can gain access.

As i have a case for a lost digi card, can i do a printout at the start of my shift tomorrow and record all activity as normal, would this be permissable? If i write my driving licence number on tje back and sign it and do a printout at end of shift… theybsay you have 15 days. I will have it tomorrkw evening. There is no one in to cover my shift either.

Would vosa accept this as a genuine mistake if quizzed and would i be okay? I worry alot.

"Lost driver cards
Where it is impossible to use a driver card (e.g. where it has been lost, stolen or damaged or is malfunctioning) a driver may drive without the card for a maximum of 15 calendar days (or longer if this is necessary for the vehicle to be returned to its premises) provided that he produces two printouts — one at the start of the journey and another at the end.
Both printouts must be marked with:
The driver’s name or licence number so the driver can be identified;
Any manual entries needed to show periods of other work, POA, rest or break;
The driver’s signature.
The driver must report the problem to DVLA and apply for a new card within seven calendar days."

I don’t think you have a case for claiming a lost card as it isn’t lost.
Can you not call your company and get them to eject it and leave it out for you.

ryan worsley:
As im finishing my shift tonight about 5pm, i pressed the eject button on my digi card and it started counting down as usual, but ive then forgot to press end country and let itnthrow it out.

I usually keep it in my wagon but as im on a different wagon tomorrow, minds gone completley off track, ive had such a crap day that i actually need one.

Im due to start at 0400am tomorrow and there is no way i can get the keys as theyre in the building, and theres no possible way i can gain access.

As i have a case for a lost digi card, can i do a printout at the start of my shift tomorrow and record all activity as normal, would this be permissable? If i write my driving licence number on tje back and sign it and do a printout at end of shift… theybsay you have 15 days. I will have it tomorrkw evening. There is no one in to cover my shift either.

Would vosa accept this as a genuine mistake if quizzed and would i be okay? I worry alot.

Do a vehicle printout at the start of the shift and another vehicle printout at the end of the shift, write on the printouts your driver licence number or name, any manual entries required and sign them.

Keep the printouts with you for at-least 28 days then hand them into the transport office.

VOSA won’t be bothered about you forgetting the card as long as you don’t make a habit of it, it’s a genuine mistake, these things happen so relax and enjoy what’s left of the evening :wink:

I went to an assignment the other week and had left my card at home by accident.

I just rang the lost/missing card helpline and reported it as missing. from that moment you have 15 days to either re-order and receive a new one OR find your old card and report it as found
(this is what i did) they were fine with that and me doing printouts, as long as you have the all important reference number!

when you start in the morning, get a printout, ring them at 0800 on the dot and report it “missing” and explain you MAY have left it in another truck, but cant find out till later in the day.

get the ref number and write it down on the back of the printouts… printout when your finished and job done! IF your missing card turns up, ring them to close the file and report it as found… simples!

HTH

B…

m1cks:
I don’t think you have a case for claiming a lost card as it isn’t lost.
Can you not call your company and get them to eject it and leave it out for you.

I do, as I could be unaware of where it is … the comoany wont be in at 4am, otherwise that would be my first option. I will call them tomorrow though to retrieve it asap.

As the previous post says and vosa have published, where it isnt possible to use a digi card, aslong as you have been previously issued one, which i have. Im sure i can come under that, whats the bother if im doing start mileage time and finish mileage time printouts, all the activity is there too.

tachograph:

ryan worsley:

Do a vehicle printout at the start of the shift and another vehicle printout at the end of the shift, write on the printouts your driver licence number or name and sign them.

Keep the printouts with you for at-least 28 days then hand them into the transport office.

VOSA won’t be bothered about you forgetting the card as long as you don’t make a habit of it, it’s a genuine mistake, these things happen so relax and enjoy what’s left of the evening :wink:

Thanks, exactly what i wanted tk hear, it is a genuine first time error, all because of changing vehicles, stuff happens. Thanks for your comforting and appreciated advice

Bungle666:
I went to an assignment the other week and had left my card at home by accident.

I just rang the lost/missing card helpline and reported it as missing. from that moment you have 15 days to either re-order and receive a new one OR find your old card and report it as found
(this is what i did) they were fine with that and me doing printouts, as long as you have the all important reference number!

when you start in the morning, get a printout, ring them at 0800 on the dot and report it “missing” and explain you MAY have left it in another truck, but cant find out till later in the day.

get the ref number and write it down on the back of the printouts… printout when your finished and job done! IF your missing card turns up, ring them to close the file and report it as found… simples!

HTH

B…

Thanks once again, thats a huge worry off my mind. I wouldnt want to be a danger and worey about it all day tomorrow!

Jeez mate,chill out,nobody’s going to die !!!

No rule by anyone will ever prevent me from earning a crust,period.

I won’t care if i’ve lost,mishandled,left it at home etc, my card…i’ll print-out and drive.

And, I don’t believe VOSA or the EU ever intended me to loose wages by their regulations.
I understand that they have to issue draconian rules to support relevant law, but
the occasional mistake is accepted as human error.

Turn up at 4, get some kip in the truck, wait for office to open, retrieve card, do days work counting the overtime all the way to the bank :wink:

In all my dealings with VOSA over the years they’ve always been fair and accepted the odd mistake, one once said to me I can’t see where you were stuck in traffic but I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt. Despite what you might hear in an RDC.waiting room, they’re really after the persistent offender not the driver who makes the odd mistake. Of course if you give them attitude then they can play by the letter of the law.

Do as _
Tacho said . But do 2 printouts at start and finish. One for you a d one for the company . Put yours I your diary or with what ever you keep your hours in if you do .

tachograph:

ryan worsley:

Do a vehicle printout at the start of the shift and another vehicle printout at the end of the shift, write on the printouts your driver licence number or name, any manual entries required and sign them.

I disagree in part with your final comments im afraid as I had a driver who left his tachocards in his truck and took the spare vehicle, he got stopped at Sheffield and I had 2hr to get his cards to them or they were gonna park him up for 11hr

muckles:
In all my dealings with VOSA over the years they’ve always been fair and accepted the odd mistake, one once said to me I can’t see where you were stuck in traffic but I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt. Despite what you might hear in an RDC.waiting room, they’re really after the persistent offender not the driver who makes the odd mistake. Of course if you give them attitude then they can play by the letter of the law.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Always found VOSA decent to deal with, or maybe if you’re respectful and decent to them they respond in kind.

No complaints here.

tachograph:

Completely disagree, i think they’ll be very bothered!

If you feel you need to just call up and report it lost, they wont even ask on the phone what happened, 19 quid down the drain but gets you out the ■■■■ and you’ll have clean card.

Saaamon:

tachograph:

If you feel you need to just call up and report it lost, they wont even ask on the phone what happened, 19 quid down the drain but gets you out the [zb] and you’ll have clean card.

Is this sarcasm?

I can’t work it out, add some smilies.

Own Account Driver:

Saaamon:

tachograph:

If you feel you need to just call up and report it lost, they wont even ask on the phone what happened, 19 quid down the drain but gets you out the [zb] and you’ll have clean card.

Is this sarcasm?

Im being completely serious, if he gets stopped and tells them he’s forgotten his card that will not go down well one bit, failing to provide records is a serious offence. Im not suggesting he reports it lost but it is an option if he feels its necessary… If i was in his shoes i’d call up and see if someone could lend me the keys to the yard but of course this isnt always possible… Either way he’s made a mistake which will course a problem, ideas have been suggested so its up to him how he acts.

shouldn’t really leave it in the cab should you

Saaamon:

Own Account Driver:

Saaamon:

tachograph:

Is this sarcasm?

Im being completely serious, if he gets stopped and tells them he’s forgotten his card that will not go down well one bit, failing to provide records is a serious offence. Im not suggesting he reports it lost but it is an option if he feels its necessary… If i was in his shoes i’d call up and see if someone could lend me the keys to the yard but of course this isnt always possible… Either way he’s made a mistake which will course a problem, ideas have been suggested so its up to him how he acts.

It clearly states in the legislation that if a card is “lost/damaged, stolen or not in possession” the driver can take a printout for upto 15 days. I’d say the OP was not in possession of his card.

Well folks Im here and well,

Did a vehicle printout this morning, wrote my dr lic number, signed it, recorded the opening mileage and signed it, plus manually recorded all activity throughout the day. Also did an end of day printout too and recorded the closing mileage. I will retain it in my cab for 28 days as we only have digi vehicles anyway.

Did 300 miles without a problem thank god, card was retrieved tonight, wont be making that mess up again!

Card always stays in the cab for me as we dont swap vehicles and our load for our drops is loaded up previous night (so no one else can take it). Plus permanent employer too.

Thanks for easing my worries folks.