Different kind of bridge strike

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-31583420

The incident took place at Oak Hill on a minor road, just off the A4 at Froxfield.
I am reliably informed it was a Stobart wagon involved.
This picture was taken after the train passed over the debris on the right-hand track. The train was unable to move for 5 hours!

This is a Google street view image of the bridge.

Image2.jpg

Christ :open_mouth: and the lorry driver didn’t inform anybody ?

bald bloke:

Yes, or maybe there wasn’t enough time.

Cosmic:

bald bloke:

Yes, or maybe there wasn’t enough time.

But there was for somebody else to make the call, unfortunately too late. Reading between the lines, Stobart’s driver done a runner.
thisiswiltshire.co.uk/news/h … d/?ref=rss

“Full refunds have been offered to everyone on board, and we will be contacting each of them to see if there is anything further we can do to help.”

That’s gonna cost …wonder if Stobby’s will offer them the use of their train :grimacing:

I’m surrounded by ■■■■■■■ idiots

Have we met?

Stobarts :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

^^^^^ ■■■■ off ^^^^^ [emoji6]

Yep def a bridge strike they aint letting anything across .

Makes a change to have a picket line working :wink:

bridgeweb.jpg

“Bridge strike” v.good Nick, PMSL.

Tell me about it, I went to bed on my own last night because my girlfriend got sent to it :cry:

Agency driver or full blown Stobart cabbage?

Tough one to call.

Cabbage

Lettuce not jump to conclusions.

Apparently he was a foreign national of kind and no he didn’t do runner, he did stick around and he did report it.

unit name is FRANCES ANN
and no he wasn’t meant to be down that road and that bridge has 7.5ton limit on it and he was fully freighted apparently.

happysack:
Cabbage

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:
Wrong thread
Carrot :wink:

lizard:
Apparently he was a foreign national of kind and no he didn’t do runner, he did stick around and he did report it.

unit name is FRANCES ANN
and no he wasn’t meant to be down that road and that bridge has 7.5ton limit on it and he was fully freighted apparently.

So I wonder if Stobarts will re-name the unit … Inda ■■■ 1 :wink:

I wouldn’t of hung around ,I’d of just rang it into incident support and got on with my delivery ,that what there for ,too sort these kind of incidents ,then filled the revelant paper work out why I got back too the yard .
It’s a very simple system ,the numbers on the cab phone ,saves all this hanging around when you’ve had a bang ,obviously he’s not taken on board what’s been said on reporting accidents,communication breakdown I guess