Diesel Theft

Truckers, be aware diesel theft is on the rise and they have been doing in whilst you sleep so you been told

They’re nicking diesel now, too?

Nevera guessed :laughing:

you cant do much about this problem. if you lock the cap they will puncture the tank and thats a lot more expensive than letting them have it. ■■■■■ are known for it and they tend to arm themselves from what i have heard so either let them away with it or attract some attention with your lights and horn

hi my name is harvey why don’t truck makers our haulage company’s put hidden camera’s at the back of the unit for artics up the top of the truck our have sensors on the fuel tanks so a alarm go’s off.

it doesn’t bother me too much the gaffer isn’t happy about paying for secure parking if it exists. So long bp they don’t bother me in the cab they can fill their buckets.

scumbags have always stolen diesel, if you fit a locking cap they punch a hole in the tank, anti-syphon devices have the same effect, so what can you do? very little accept park in as secure place as possible, and that doesn’t always work either! this is an age old problem that we are no closer to solving than 50 years ago.

Tiger.

You won’t stop the problem of fuel theft until it becomes legally and morally acceptable to shoot anyone you catch interfering with your vehicle in the middle of the night. As this seems highly unlikely it just becomes another cost to business.

Steve-o:
They’re nicking diesel now, too?

Nevera guessed :laughing:

Meanwhile in other news…

Bears defecate in woods.

Pope is Catholic.

Jackie Kennedy owns a black dress.

And Gordon Brown is now the PM

lol they are also now getting into the RDCs yards and nicking fuel out of there trucks whilst people are working

its an on going problem and with the price and more traveler sites there’s going to be more theft but so far no reports of the tank being smashed up to get the stuff. Some how they are able to just turn the head and help themselves

That is why we need some proper police officers :smiley:

the industry media have reported on this problem many times and the hauliers often say its cheaper to leave the tanks unlocked and let them take the diesel than locking the tanks and having holes punched in them which means replacing the tank plus fuel. the fuel tanks are very vulnerable to attack and there is no real practical way of protecting them. rigids can be parked very close together to deny access to the tanks but tractor units are too unprotected for that and you couldnt really do it outside your own yard anyway

I may be able to cheer everyone up here.
There is a council gypsy site by the bottom of Keele Bank (Newcastle under Lyme) with a metal merchants just round the corner from it.
Well the other week I was driving past and saw flashing blue lights everywhere. Plod had caught one of them with a shopping trolley full of catalytic converters making his way out of the site towards the metal merchants :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Happy days

We can’t just blame members of the travelling community for diesel theft. If people wouldn’t buy cheap diesel then there wouldn’t be so many people stealing it. And being of a cynical mind I do believe that a small proportion of diesel “thefts” reported were actually carried out by the driver for his own motor. But yes the ■■■■■■ probably do nick most of it.

What I have done on occasion…

Stack up ratchet straps under drain plug on bottom of tank and drop suspension. No way they’re getting the derv that way :laughing: :laughing:

On an XF the easiest thing for the ■■■■■ to do is just pop the sender unit out, it sits right beind the fuel caps and offers just as much access to the diesel as the fuel cap. We have actually had this done on a couple of occasions…

tofer:
We can’t just blame members of the travelling community for diesel theft. If people wouldn’t buy cheap diesel then there wouldn’t be so many people stealing it. And being of a cynical mind I do believe that a small proportion of diesel “thefts” reported were actually carried out by the driver for his own motor. But yes the ■■■■■■ probably do nick most of it.

dont look at me, i drive a 2.4 petrol :laughing:

tofer:
If people wouldn’t buy cheap diesel then there wouldn’t be so many people stealing it.

does that mean if we bought our diesel in the most expensive place it won’t get stolen :question:

i know how they get into your fuel tanks without you knowing.
you hand your keys in at an rdc, the keys are cut, the fuel keys are sold to the ■■■■■■, and the cab key is sold to the hijackers.
why else would they be so insistant that you give them your keys?
trust no one.

There won’t be diesel or petrol in around 50 years becuase it would of run out, do you think then the theft of it might calm down :smiley:
While this is happening Shell etc have so far given away £5.9 million worth of petrol out for using them often and gettin it cheaper, why don’t they just ban that then there would be plenty of diesel left!