bensherman:
01My modelzone volvo rally with cars :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Hi Bensherman,
Are you pleased with your wall cabinets just thinking
about buying some.
Cheers Malc.

bensherman:
Picked up these code 3 models0 4

Seen a few on eBay saying Code 3, what does it mean exactly?

Looking now in starting a 1:50 collection, used to have a load of Corgi 1:64 ones when I was younger :smiley:

dew:

bensherman:

Looking now in starting a 1:50 collection, used to have a load of Corgi 1:64 ones when I was younger :smiley:

I dont know the exact meaning but a code 3 is a custom built model, one of a kind. Where as a corgie etc there is thousands of them made.

merc0447:

dew:

bensherman:

I dont know the exact meaning but a code 3 is a custom built model, one of a kind. Where as a corgie etc there is thousands of them made.

"Code 1. This is any diecast produced by the manufacturer. It could be a mainstream toy or model, or a limited edition or ordered promotional. The important thing is that it has been produced totally by the manufacturer.

Code 2. This is any diecast that has been finished by a second party, with the knowledge and agreement of the manufacturer. Examples could be a batch of plain white or coloured models, that have had their decals added by another company, with the consent of the manufacturer. It could be castings ordered unpainted, that have been finished and presentation boxed under license. At the end of the day, two companies have been involved in the finishing process, where normally there would be one.

Code 3. This is the refinishing or alteration of a model, without the consent of the manufacturer. This description sounds almost dodgy, but Code 3 is now a recognized collectable in it’s own right, and there is nothing illegal or unscrupulous in these singular alternative models. Code 3 covers a wide spectrum, and can mean simply swapping the trailers of two different articulated units, to completely changing the colour and look of a model. Basically, any model intentionally altered in appearance from it’s original manufactured look, without the consent of the afore mentioned manufacturer."

malc step:

bensherman:
01My modelzone volvo rally with cars :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Hi Bensherman,
Are you pleased with your wall cabinets just thinking
about buying some.
Cheers Malc.

Hi Malc,

am over the moon with them thanks, il be posting my 2 new landscape frame shortly, thay are made like the the others ive got on here, awaiting another 3 single frames that will hold 10 models in each like the 2 on here to…

has anyone got E&N Ritchies foden alpha & trailer? or matched with anything else? ive seen loads of models on here & dont think ive spotted it yet

Here are a few more of my collection :blush:
7.jpg

3.jpg
2.jpg

Heres my offering

well we all have to start some were, and size dosent always matter, nice model :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :wink:

John Maiden had 100 made, he gave all the drivers 1 and customers they came from a company called eligor

www.atlaseditions.co.uk are doing a Stobart Volvo for £2.99 inc delivery.

Not sure of the quality…■■

I normally build plastic and resin based models in the larger 1/24 scale but I have half a dozen old Corgi and Dinky wagons to refurb for a mate. 2 x Bedford TK’s, Bedford S Type and an O Series, there’s also a couple of trailers and a machine called a Motorcart, three wheeled front wheel driven with a tipper body. They were a little ropey when he gave me them but once stripped of the old paint and primed they look and feel smooth and clean. Next stage is to paint them in different liveries, I’ll stick a pic on once they are done. Here’s what I normally do. Cheers Franky.

here is 2 of mine from the 12 i got given.

In 1979 when I passed my class 1 I worked for Parkers Transport in Surfleet Nr Spalding Lincs better known as “The Antiques Roadshow” , because of their old fleet of lorries Erf’s Albions and Leylands no sleeper cabs just hard graft and long hours , anyway here are a few pics of what I have done to remind me of The Good Old Days the 20p coil will give you an idea of size. I just hope the pics upload.

Parkers 03.JPG

A few 1/50th scale code 3’s done last year

Herongate:
http://www.atlaseditions.co.uk are doing a Stobart Volvo for £2.99 inc delivery.

Not sure of the quality…■■

They’re out of stock - 6-8 weeks delivery so Stobbie must be delivering them. :smiley:

here are some of my trucks i have about 200+ altogether

sorry for the poor photos was in a rush :blush:

Tekno collectors club model

with the corgi one

wsi (search impex) model

with the corgi one

Tekno

Tekno

Tekno hislop model is a belter, you like your scottish wagons :grimacing:

merc0447:
Tekno hislop model is a belter, you like your scottish wagons :grimacing:

love my scottish trucks,most of my collection is build of scottish models, looks really bad for a 16 year old :blush: :laughing:

should see my pre order list :laughing:

Truck model show/swapmeet on at Carlisle borderway hall this weekend.I am going to be there selling my wares so if any members of this forum are going stop by and say hello.