Did you manage to pause at 11am

I certainly did.

got a few funny looks off car drivers as i stood next to my truck,
2 vans stopped behind me which was nice.

just to educate the car drivers that 2 mins once a year is
nothing when you remember the sacrifice given by so many.

As a night worker, I normally sleep through the 11th hour (in silence) but spookily this time I woke up at 10:58

Certainly did wouldn’t miss it for the world

Yes I did . Never forget them.

Yes, I was in our Peterboro’ yard doing a trailer change, but at 11am I stopped what I was doing. Its a small ask when all said and done :sunglasses: .

Shame My silence was broken by the phone :unamused: , though I ignored it :wink:

Yes stood close to the cenotaph in london for the 2 minutes silence and watched the parade till nearly 1o clock cap badges and medals shining in the sunshine.

Only 4 people laughing and joking during the silence german tourists (theres a surprise) but an ex soldier covered in medals soon shut them up

Jeff

Yes I was having a 45 starting at 10.45.

I was in bed then :blush:

Yes luckily I had just finished a drop down a back street so it was off with engine and 2 minutes off silence, sadly there where many people about that didnt give it a seconds thought including the lady that asked me if I’d be long she got ignored.

Yes I did and will always try too.

Yes.

I was having a 45 in lymm truck stop and obeyed the 2 mins silence stood next to truck, the place was pretty full and I didn’t see anyone else doing it

Wasn’t driving at the time but tipping myself. Went and sat in cab for the silence and returned inside with damp eyes. Its something not observed in Denmark for some reason.

at 5 to 11 i came off the m62 at goole , stopped near tosco whorehouse , i couldnt believe the amount still moving on the m62 , its a small moment of time to remember all that did what they did

I stopped on the m1 hard shoulder at 10.55 and at 10.59 a copper pulled up in front of me and saw I had my cap in my hands and he joined me.
He said he felt proud and thanked me .
See, not all coppers are bar stewards.

Yes observed the two minutes silence as a mark of respect.

I did as I do every year 2 mins is nothing in the great big scheme of things and I cannot beleave big company’s don’t make it policy if my 8 year old girl can be bothered to do it y can’t grown men? Ow that’s right it’s more important to get to the delivery on time cos 2 mins will make me extremely late n ill get sacked

I did manage ,just finished delivery in time. Was amazed the amount of people that didn’t . Why is there such a lack of respect these days. Surely people can give just two mins it’s a pittance compared to what they have given. May they all rest in peace …never forget

I couldn’t stop. Not practical to stop a train …

I always observe the 2 mins silence,it’s the least we can do.