Did you change your Tacho to Local Time?

Ok admit it, who’s forgotten to adjust your clock back for local time ?

I did mine (yipee !)

Usually takes me 2 or 3 days to remember, after I keep getting confused what time it ‘Really’ is. Lol.

Mine changed itself, all I had to do was confirm that I wanted the change. Then do the dash clock, but that took a few seconds :wink:

I did the vehicle that I was driving yesterday, plus one other as the driver didn’t know how to do it.

Ken.

eddie snax:
Mine changed itself, all I had to do was confirm that I wanted the change. Then do the dash clock, but that took a few seconds :wink:

The dash clock should take the time from the tacho…well it does in the CF.

I did the six units in our yard yesterday…my good deed for the day.

eddie snax:

How does it do that ?

When ever I’ve put my card in, in the past it won’t let me change the time !

Is it the new 2nd generation tacho’s ?

martinviking:

eddie snax:

How does it do that ?

You can’t change the UTC time (well no more than one minute a week anyway), but you can change the local time shown on the screen display.

Yep did mine and two others asked me how to do theirs. Job jobbed for another few months

tachograph:

martinviking:

eddie snax:

How does it do that ?

You can’t change the UTC time (well no more than one minute a week anyway), but you can change the local time shown on the screen display.

Yea, I know that bit, but I was wondering how Eddie’s changed itself & asked him to accept the changes ?
Do you just put the card in & does it ask you straight away if you want to accept the Time Change ?
Are the new Tacho’s programmed with all the Daylight Saving Dates for the next 99 years ?

Normally I put my card in, forgetting to change the Daylight Saving B/S & I didn’t think you could change the local time until the Digi Card was pulled at the end of the shift (or it would show funny times on the printout)

I don’t play with the buttons too much, only for breaks, other work & POA & the odd printout every now & again.

Learn something every day !

martinviking:

tachograph:

martinviking:

eddie snax:

How does it do that ?

Yea, I know that bit, but I was wondering how Eddie’s changed itself & asked him to accept the changes ?
Do you just put the card in & does it ask you straight away if you want to accept the Time Change ?
Are the new Tacho’s programmed with all the Daylight Saving Dates for the next 99 years ?

Normally I put my card in, forgetting to change the Daylight Saving B/S & I didn’t think you could change the local time until the Digi Card was pulled at the end of the shift (or it would show funny times on the printout)

I don’t play with the buttons too much, only for breaks, other work & POA & the odd printout every now & again.

Why would it show funny times on the printout?

Daylight saving (local time) is indicated by the black dot in the display.
Can be set or unset regardless of card in or out. (Usually)

I put my card in last night and it automatically asked me to confirm new time settings. All I did was press ok and job done. Newer Stoneridge unit.

As for funny times, the tacho will always print out in local time or whatever, for example when it’s been +1 hour in summer the printouts have always been an hour behind (if that makes sense).

Is it illegal not to adjust the display time when the clocks go back/forward, even though it makes no difference to the time recorded by the VU?

damoq:
Is it illegal not to adjust the display time when the clocks go back/forward, even though it makes no difference to the time recorded by the VU?

No - the display time can be set to whatever you like…ALL VU/Driver Card/Printout entries will always be in UTC.

For example if going abroad you can adjust display time to local time, if you wish…but equally ok to leave it on British time.

waynedl:

martinviking:

tachograph:

martinviking:

eddie snax:

How does it do that ?

Why would it show funny times on the printout?

Dunno really !

I just figured, once the card is in, you shouldn’t adjust the clock. If you did that on the old Analogue Tacho’s- it would either show an hours gap (clocks forward) or over trace an hour (clocks back)

When Digi’s came in, I managed to avoid them for about 3 years (drove an 02 plate Roll on) before the company insisted that we all got cards, then we never really had the proper training, only a quick 5 minute session. Since then I’ve tried to read the instructions on a few occasions, but as we are Genetically Programmed ‘Not to read all the instructions’ I seem to get by without too many infringements. Lol.

martinviking:
I just figured, once the card is in, you shouldn’t adjust the clock. If you did that on the old Analogue Tacho’s- it would either show an hours gap (clocks forward) or over trace an hour (clocks back)

The thing is that analogue tachographs record on local time which in the UK changes twice a year, digital tachographs record everything in UTC time which never changes.

You couldn’t change the UTC time more than one minute a week if you wanted to, the tachograph won’t let you.

The local time is shown on the standard display, but that’s not used for recording activities to the driver card or the VU, the local time is just for the drivers benefit nothing more.

Daz1970:

damoq:

No - the display time can be set to whatever you like…ALL VU/Driver Card/Printout entries will always be in UTC.

For example if going abroad you can adjust display time to local time, if you wish…but equally ok to leave it on British time.

Not necessarily so.
On some,not all,of our new Actros’,when doing a printout it asks if you want it in UTC or local time.
Also,on our Mercs,when you change the local time on the dash,it automatically changes the local time on the tacho,and vice versa.
Took me about 20 seconds to adjust the local time last night.

Daz1970:

damoq:

Was asking because our TM says it is, but I’d never heard if it. Maybe she has been sitting in too many RDC waiting rooms listening to the bull.:sunglasses:

I changed the dash which in turn changed the tacho lol

mickyblue:
I changed the dash which in turn changed the tacho lol

Told you so!

yeah changed mine and the 3 other drivers starting at same time as me and didn`t know how to.Good deed for the day