Did you change your Tacho to Local Time?

martinviking:
Yea, I know that bit, but I was wondering how Eddie’s changed itself & asked him to accept the changes ?
Do you just put the card in & does it ask you straight away if you want to accept the Time Change ?
Are the new Tacho’s programmed with all the Daylight Saving Dates for the next 99 years ?

Must be, I was driving at 2am Sunday and first time I came to a halt the tacho (stoneridge) flashed and asked me if I wanted to accept the new time.
Great thing after 3 years with a mk1 siemens.

martinviking:

eddie snax:
Mine changed itself, all I had to do was confirm that I wanted the change. Then do the dash clock, but that took a few seconds :wink:

How does it do that ?

When ever I’ve put my card in, in the past it won’t let me change the time !

Is it the new 2nd generation tacho’s ?

Series 3 stoneridge, when I put the Ignition on, before I put the card in, the screen lit up with local time change, yes/ no, so I ok’d the yes and bingo job done.

I used to have an 05 Premium years ago on analogue, and that used to change itself too, just turn the ignition, and you’d hear the tray adjusting itself, then pop card in job done.

ThrustMaster:

eddie snax:
Mine changed itself, all I had to do was confirm that I wanted the change. Then do the dash clock, but that took a few seconds :wink:

The dash clock should take the time from the tacho…well it does in the CF.

I did the six units in our yard yesterday…my good deed for the day.

Not on a Scania mate, you’d think they were linked but I had to do the dash clock :unamused:

Hiya lads…older retired driver here what dose that UTC stand for please.
John

3300John:
John

Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)

It’s the Primary World Time Standard & it doesn’t mess around with putting the clocks back or forwards.
Everybody sets their clocks against it.
(That’s how I read it, anyway !)

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordina … ersal_Time

martinviking:

3300John:
John

It’s the Primary World Time Standard & it doesn’t mess around with putting the clocks back or forwards.

Thanks martinviking
John

bestbooties:

mickyblue:
I changed the dash which in turn changed the tacho lol

Told you so!

Merc Axor I am in. Bottom range motor to

martinviking:

3300John:
John

It’s what used to be known as Greenwich Mean Time

My Stoneridge did itself, Siemens in my 2nd motor didn’t, but that’s not my wagon, so the guy that’s supposed to look after it can do it.

Yeah, right!

I changed the local time myself Monday morning. I DIDN’T however change the time on the truck phone. Imagine how amused I was after the truck phone alarm went off Tuesday morning, I got up, had a wash and a brew, put the ignition on to insert my card and went “wtf?”. I was up an hour earlier than I could legally start! :blush: :blush:

Have changed a few over too :grimacing:

Denis F:
It’s what used to be known as Greenwich Mean Time

Well why not just flipping leave it as GMT instead of messing around…goodness only knows how much it has probably cost to change it from GMT to UTC and I bet 99% of non truck driving people have not got a clue what UTC is anyway.

I remembered to change the time, took me about 10 minutes faffing about till i found the right sequence.

Forgotten how i got there already (memory getting worse by the day, Christ knows how i’m gunna cope when a even older dodderer) so when the clock go forward again i’ll be poncing about for another 10 mins…ad infinitum.