Did i forget to check something

Just lost for words here,I guess it just goes to show always double check to make sure your handbrake is on before you get out the cab :open_mouth:
facebook.com/stupidassmothe … 322351556/

That came through so fast it didn’t look like a simple failure to put on the parking brake - I’d have thought you’d need quite a hill to build up that sort of speed…

Dirty_Mascot:
Just lost for words here,I guess it just goes to show always double check to make sure your handbrake is on before you get out the cab :open_mouth:
facebook.com/stupidassmothe … 322351556/

What the ####. That is something that I’m always worried about happening.
I dont even know what else to say.
Can you post the video direct for the people that don’t use Facebook.

Sent using smoke signals

Why do you need a handbrake when you have a wall and a Corsa nearby ?
(And repost from a few days back)

Handy that he has the mortar on board to rebuild that wall when the bricks arrive! Could have been a whole lot worse though.

Pete.

Well at least he had his hi-viz on.

I used to drive a Ford D1314 box van and that developed a problem with the handbrake releasing itself. On the first occasion it rolled off a loading bay on an industrial estate and hit a car parked opposite. Despite being checked in the workshop it continued to do it and then cured itself. Not ideal on multi-drop around Devon and Bristol.

Captain_Amateur:
That came through so fast it didn’t look like a simple failure to put on the parking brake - I’d have thought you’d need quite a hill to build up that sort of speed…

Failure to apply parking brake and it was an auto left in drive?

I’m guessing that price of paper he had in his hand is the address he got out to ask for directions for :unamused:

As said could of been a lot worse,if any people had been stood in its path they’d of stood little chance.

Going to fast for no handbrake. . I’m thinking maybe left it in gear no handbrake on got out it rolled and picked up speed

H will be working at stobart s next week

A truck in gear won’t pick up much speed, unless it’s on a proper slope, as the engine will only be idling.

waddy640:
I used to drive a Ford D1314 box van and that developed a problem with the handbrake releasing itself. On the first occasion it rolled off a loading bay on an industrial estate and hit a car parked opposite. Despite being checked in the workshop it continued to do it and then cured itself. Not ideal on multi-drop around Devon and Bristol.

Ratchet type hndbrake per chance■■?

slowlane:
A truck in gear won’t pick up much speed, unless it’s on a proper slope, as the engine will only be idling.

It won’t pick up any speed unless it’s on a significant gradient - autobox lorries don’t “creep” like a slushbox automatic car does.

Suggestion.

Turn off hill hold so using the parking/secondary brake at every junction/stop is second nature…ie driver controls lorry once again.

Roymondo:

slowlane:

It won’t pick up any speed unless it’s on a significant gradient - autobox lorries don’t “creep” like a slushbox automatic car does.

Strange that as my Actros definitely creeps on the flat.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I’ll chalk that up as every day being a school day then!

AMT boxes won’t creep by themselves, because they use a proper clutch, unlike the fluid coupling on a automatic box.

AMT boxes will pull the truck at idle once a certain condition is met - usually the default is once you’ve got enough speed that the clutch If I remember, the Actros has a couple of options to specify how the gearbox behaves at rest.

Duplicate topic…
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=158251

Just saying!

slowlane:
AMT boxes won’t creep by themselves, because they use a proper clutch, unlike the fluid coupling on a automatic box.

AMT boxes will pull the truck at idle once a certain condition is met - usually the default is once you’ve got enough speed that the clutch If I remember, the Actros has a couple of options to specify how the gearbox behaves at rest.

Tbh I don’t tend to change many settings. The gearbox is fine until it leaves you hanging at a junction although it’s far better than a Daf especially when reversing.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk