Did i forget to check something

Dunno about you folks, but If I had to park up on a steep downhill slope - I’d not only put the handbrake on, but would probably pull the red knob out when alighting from the cab as well - just in case! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Lucky no one got hit by that “Runaway”…

Damage to the walls - can be claimed out of “Employer Liability Insurance” - assuming this driver hasn’t been tricked into some “Psedo Employed” affair, where it turns out “he ain’t got any insurance”…

Winseer:
Dunno about you folks, but If I had to park up on a steep downhill slope - I’d not only put the handbrake on, but would probably pull the red knob out when alighting from the cab as well - just in case! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Damage to the walls - can be claimed out of “Employer Liability Insurance” - assuming this driver hasn’t been tricked into some “Psedo Employed” affair, where it turns out “he ain’t got any insurance”…

You can get into all sorts of trouble pulling out your red knob in public!!! :open_mouth: :smiley:

Winseer:

But that’s not what Employer Liability Insurance covers. It is intended to indemnify an employer (clue’s in the name…) against claims for illness/injury arising out of their employment.

This damage would be covered by the (compulsory) 3rd Party motor insurance on the vehicle.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

worcesternews.co.uk/news/16 … worcester/

This is old news from months ago, but apparently handbrake failed

wolves:
Lorry crashes into five garden walls, two parked cars and a lamppost in Worcester | Worcester News

Used to have the handbrake valve releasing itself on trucks years ago, Bedford KM’s and Foden S80 suffered from it when the locating peg on the Fodens wore away and the plastic lever on Bedfords wore, later replaced with a metal one. We had a couple of Fodens run away off the weighbridge, both ran into the rear of parked trucks that were being sheeted up by their drivers but luckily they were just out of range! Nowadays I would think things have improved since then though.

Pete.

wrighty1:

Roymondo:

slowlane:
A truck in gear won’t pick up much speed, unless it’s on a proper slope, as the engine will only be idling.

It won’t pick up any speed unless it’s on a significant gradient - autobox lorries don’t “creep” like a slushbox automatic car does.

Strange that as my Actros definitely creeps on the flat.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

As does ours and the higher the gear selected, the faster she creeps but for some reason they don’t seem to do it all the time

Captain_Amateur:

Winseer:

You can get into all sorts of trouble pulling out your red knob in public!!! :open_mouth: :smiley:

:laughing:

You get even more trouble, if people think you’ve a purple knob because you vote UKIP… :stuck_out_tongue:

wolves:
Lorry crashes into five garden walls, two parked cars and a lamppost in Worcester | Worcester News

If the catch on the handbrake failed - then yes, I would agree.

I’ve heard stories by yard marshals stating that “You cannot stay in your cab on a bay in this RDC, because it is downhill off the bay, and we’ve had drivers in their cab accidentally kick-off the handbrake, and execute a “drive-off” when the keys were still on the hook, and a FLT still on the back of the truck, luckily not reversing out at that moment…!”