Did i do the right thing

driving to work this morning the road i was going down was flooded with atleast a foot n half of water
everyone slows down going throu it then this 8 wheeler tipper driver thinks it would be fun to go throu it at over 30mph
the water when he went throu was like a bloody tidal wave and went about 12ft up in the air and all over the cars that were trying to get throu including me so i spun round got the company number and rung them up and complained about his driving

Quite right, the guys’s a roaster :stuck_out_tongue:

Steve-o:
Quite right, the guys’s a roaster :stuck_out_tongue:

No there’s a few better words for him than that, pity but I can’t put them on here. :wink:

I would’ve done my nut had that happened to me…

Another driver grassing me up for having a bit of fun in a puddle :laughing: :laughing:

Maybe he saw that some of the cars were a bit filthy due to all the grit and stuff on the roads and decided to wash them for free?? You should of thanked him for saving you a few bob!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I don’t believe in grassing people up, whatever they do. However I agree the guy was obviously a knob.

Yes you did!
He was a knob adding fuel to the bad image many have of drivers.

He was a knob adding fuel to the bad image many have of drivers.

Yeah you did the right thing but its not nice grassing on fellow drivers but we aint got a good name with general public and knobs like this are not going to help the cause.

i forgot to add it might me a coincidence but since he done that my starter motor has been playing up i wonder if when the tidal wave went over me the water got in the starter motor solinoid

hiya going back 5 years. there was a large flood in Mold. the flood was along the road and also in the field but the
water was been slowed down by a long stone wall.then water ran into a stream, this 8 legger came along flat out. he
caursed the wall to colapse and the water rushed into the stream. this had became a river which took away
the stones from the wall. The water and the wall then flooded 8 houses. the large stones from the wall smashed
the front doors in. The water just whent straight through the houses through the conservertries and into the garden.
there was cars with big dents where the stones had smashed into the sides of cars by the force of water.
my friend was out of her house for 10 weeks. all the furniture downstaires was wrecked they had 2 cars written off
all for the sake of a first class pratt who possibly to this day dose,nt know he caursed any damage at all. well done.

Thetaff:
Maybe he saw that some of the cars were a bit filthy due to all the grit and stuff on the roads and decided to wash them for free?? You should of thanked him for saving you a few bob!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Could you send him down this way to do my car then :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Oh and its “should have” :stuck_out_tongue:

on a lot of cars and vans today the air intake is low down in the bumper, so when said 8wheeler came through at 30mph, most of the cars probley ended with some water in the intake, the air in take system can handle some water in the air intake system but not an huge amount.

if water can get though the system, intake, air box(where the air filter is ) maf sensor, throttle body, turbo, if it get that far, and then if it enters the cyclider’s it will ■■■■ the engine up, i’m talking bent conrods (crankshaft to piston) breaking the bolts that hold the cylinder head to the block, which all mean it’ll need a new engine

and any way the water that he splashed, probley did more damage that good, with all the crap in the water was picked up and put over the paint work

Scarab:
I don’t believe in grassing people up, whatever they do. However I agree the guy was obviously a knob.

So what would you do if you was following a truck one night and the driver was all over the road. On the hard shoulder most of the time (with nearly the O/S wheels as well) and then nearly into the central reservation and obviously falling asleep?
It’s not nice grassing someone up, but could you live with yourself if you saw him hit a broken down car and kill someone? I couldn’t, I would do something. I’ve rung the employers and told them that if he doesn’t turn into the next services for a kip, I’ll ring plod and I wouldn’t shirk away from ringing them if the firm can’t be contacted.
Sorry, it’s nothing against the driver (it could have been next doors kids keeping him up all day or anything) and I’m probably saving him from his worst nightmare.

Us tipper drivers don’t get. Time to slow down for anything gotta squeeze the loads in lol :open_mouth: :smiley:

just more evidence that tipper drivers are ■■■■■■■

Of course you did the right thing. I have the feeling that the driver prob does not give a flying **** either way. But, as professional drivers its clear you do, and maybe 99% of the rest of us do too. I had a differing scenario outside a school, during school run time this morning. On navigating an urban road in Brum, on my way to an industrial estate on the same road. Cars parked either side of the road when a woman shouted up " I hope you gonna take care not to break my mirrors off! - Iv only just had it repaired since the last T**ser did" Now good driver that I am, I had no intention of hitting anything least of all a 7 year old Zafira (allbeit tempting!!). Now a right of reply? well if I had sworn infront of minors, then the police would have been called, or my number taken at least. Yet she can swear at me WHILST PARKED ON THE YELLOW ZIG ZAG MARKINGS OUTSIDE THE SCHOOL. Now whose actions are the most dangerous? Its only ever 1 who lets the side down.

so what happens when its car doing cars,we had a massive down pour today when this area was more like the lake district,and some muppet decided to go through a 1 foot flood with his mini 4x4.and wash every car and the bike behind me,resulting in it being caked it grit,and losing 20 quids worth of name plate down the side(magnetic name board),which i suspect is still in the lake
took ages to wash the car down,and christ knows what happened to the bike?

cars and floods dont mix at the best of times,so why do this when its better to show some common sense.

Thetaff:
You should of thanked him for saving you a few bob!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DAF95XF:
Oh and its “should have” :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually it is “It’s” :stuck_out_tongue:

Scarab:

Whatever they do?

TruckerMart:
just more evidence that tipper drivers are [zb]

Not guilty; I’m on a 6 wheeler :grimacing: Though I did have to go and tow one of our 8wheelers today that got stuck when it reversed onto someones’ lawn. I guess judging from past discrepancies, they chose me for my experience :blush: