DHL

I am working for DHL tomorrow through one of my agencies and was wondering if anyone knows what type of trucks they run?

It will be class 2 work…

Well seeing as DHL is now the worlds largest Logistics company and run everything from pedal cycles to 737’s…

…can’t really say what you’ll be driving without knowing what area of the firm you’ll be working for.

They have MAN TGA.LE’s (■■■■■■
Man TGA.■■ Comonrail’s bigger and totally different to the above
merc Actros,
Scania 4 series.
Seen a couple of Iveco’s too.

TBH you could get anything

But there is a good chance it will be yellow. :wink: :smiley:

dennisw1:
Seen a couple of Iveco’s too.

Great! :unamused: :laughing:

Well its all experience for a newbie like myself. Thanks Dennis. :smiley:

So what area of the Firm are you working in?

If it’s Domestic parcels it will most likely be one of the very poor MAN TGA.LE’s with a demountable body. You might be lucky and get a Scania or an Actros though.
Make sure you ask someone to show you how to drop the body and how to secure the new one.

Had an agency guy bring one back with only two twist locks loosly clipped in. He hadn’t bothered to ask about them so we assumed he knew how to do it! Tis a wonder the thing didnt fall off.

Coffeeholic:
But there is a good chance it will be yellow. :wink: :smiley:

Yep, although there are still a couple of Omega Blue ones kicking about and some DHL Red ones.

Toploadertom. If you are going to work out of Barrow or East Leake on the British Gypsum job then it will be a 6x2 Merc Axor, tidy little motors mostly on 54 plates

I was told I would have 8 drops in Leicester, but you know what some agencies are like. :confused:

Dennis, I have no idea which part of the company it is. This could be interesting. :smiley:

If it’s parcels then don’t expect a hard day! :laughing:

dennisw1:
If it’s parcels then don’t expect a hard day! :laughing:

Do you mean that in a sarcastic “it will be the hardest day of your life” kind of way or will it actually be easy? :open_mouth: :slight_smile:

You have me worried now Dennis. :laughing:

Well if you’re in the 18 it’s normally to shops and places with loading bays so easy access, there is normally hand balling off the back off the wagon (not normall a tail lift) but it;s not normally more than 10 min per drop to do. so you should be able to spend at least two hours ‘resting’

1 hour lunch and record the rest as POA, because you’ll have to wait at a few of the drops for them to answer the door, or so that you arrive with them at their prescribed time. “won’t you!?” :wink: :laughing:

or so that you arrive with them at their prescribed time. “won’t you!?” :wink: :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

dennisw1:
Well if you’re in the 18 it’s normally to shops and places with loading bays so easy access, there is normally hand balling off the back off the wagon (not normall a tail lift) but it;s not normally more than 10 min per drop to do. so you should be able to spend at least two hours ‘resting’

1 hour lunch and record the rest as POA, because you’ll have to wait at a few of the drops for them to answer the door, or so that you arrive with them at their prescribed time. “won’t you!?” :wink: :laughing:

I think I could just about manage a day like that. :laughing: Will let you know how it goes. :slight_smile:

if you do night trunks its even easier!

Drive to hub, drop body, find new body and either back under it and wait for them to finish loading or if finished pick it up and go and park up somewhere for a couple of hours.
They dont normaly mind as you’ll have an alloted time to be back at the branch anyway and you’re normally at the hub well before time.

As i said though it depends what youre doing, this is only parcels, freight might be harder.

It was pretty much as you said Dennis. :slight_smile:

5 Drops, 8 collections and 2.5hrs eating & havin a kip. :laughing:
Got the same to look forward to next week, but bet I will cop a real git of a job the week after. :confused:

I take it you were with express parcels then?

What did you get to drive in the end?

It was a 55 plate MAN LE18. (Im sure thats what it said on the side) :confused:

Quite a nice motor, seats were a bit hard though. :angry:

Was it a prime mover or standard Rigid.

If it was one of the older TGA.LE220’s you wouldnt be saying nice motor, they come with a very plasticy poorly layed out dash (reach for every switch) and they’re just really vintage to drive.

There are some newer ones though, which i think are also TGA’s but have a more rounded cab, much better motor but all i’ve seen so far are prime movers.

It was like you said, a demountable body. They still have the retro looking dash though. :laughing: :sunglasses:

I have had some dealings with DHL, the tackle is good including the trailers, they run straight but they will screw every hour out of you they can and they are not to keen on unions, in fact one driver it was suggested to the other week that his guaranteed weekly hours was not enough and was only a guide line to his weekly work, RTD/POA don’t make me laugh.