DHL / NHS Supply Chain

Got a driving assessment for them
In the new year so I can go full time.

Just wondered if there’s anything I should or shouldn’t do.

Is it gonna be as strict as the DSA test?

Any help appreciated.

Dean

Mostly waggy draggys with few few artics

dar1976:

Any help appreciated.

Dean

Shouldn’t be too strict. If anything like where I work, they just want to see a safe and competent drive.
Good luck.

Never done one for them but just be sensible. Keep your hands on the wheel, drive smoothly and with plenty of fore-planning and you will be fine. With the reverse, don’t just stick your head out of the window use plenty of other rear observation as well, mirrors etc.

Mostly it’s just to check you’re not a headcase…I’m sure we’ve all seen drivers from all places driving badly, just relax and all will be well. :smiley:

Take two tablets and if it doesn’t appear to be getting better by morning call your GP.

take one of these with you it’ll work a treat …

pnoodle2.png

DHL will work you to the bone, you will not get proper rests and they will have you in an early grave. It is true, I read it on here first.

For the assessment, use the trailer brake and dont clip any kerbs :wink:

I got offered one of these in the New Year out of Bury Saint Edmunds, but I have now got other work so not going to bother with them.

bowser:
take one of these with you it’ll work a treat …

I dont like Chicken and Mushroom so much its got to be the Beef and Tomato every time

Thanks for all the replies. Let’s hope I don’t mess it up. Nerves get the better of me in test conditions

I have had two DHL assesments both totaly differant,the second one was a joke,5 hours of H&S bull and 1 hour driving assesment. Trainer takes me out with a fully loaded Artic @ 43 tonnes on a mixture of roads as we return to Depot he tells me to park up,what about reversing I ask,oh we dont assess you on that we assume you can do that!

I’ve never done a DHL assessment, and have no idea what they involve, so can’t really help.

Posted from inside a DHL truck on the southbound M6

dar1976:

Any help appreciated.

Dean

From your location i’m guessing Bridgwater yeah ? I collect next door in Gerber Juice and it looks like a mixture of wagons so you might get a go on all types including drags, good luck.

bald bloke:

dar1976:

Any help appreciated.

Dean

From your location i’m guessing Bridgwater yeah ? I collect next door in Gerber Juice and it looks like a mixture of wagons so you might get a go on all types including drags, good luck.

Yes Bridgwater.

I have been taking some of their old trucks up to Derby over the last couple of days and got to chat to the employees. It all seems a fairly easy job. The F/T’ers are saying the work is sporadic so just wondering whether it is really worth it.

Any idea if Gerbers are looking?

dar1976:

bald bloke:

dar1976:

Any help appreciated.

Dean

Yes Bridgwater.

I have been taking some of their old trucks up to Derby over the last couple of days and got to chat to the employees. It all seems a fairly easy job. The F/T’ers are saying the work is sporadic so just wondering whether it is really worth it.

Any idea if Gerbers are looking?

You missed the boat on that one Langdons just took some on I think.

Used to work for them at another depot. Assessment is nothing to worry about. The job itself is if you don’t mind shifting 100+ cages a night into hospitals and finding poky health centres on days then it’s alright. Me personally it did me for the experience but have since moved on for better wages and easy trunking work. I know dhl have changed a lot of things in the past 5 years they have had the NHS contract not all good in a lot of people’s opinions

I was a DHL assessor. Drive careful, keep your hands on the wheel, use mirrors, indicate, don’t hit any kerbs and keep to the speed limit. Maybe a theory involved so a brush up on the highway code will help, along with a basic knowledge of the tacho regs and how to fill a tacho in.

Be polite and ask questions always got my attention, calling everyone on the road a {nb} if they cut you up is not a good move!

theonlybigman:
I was a DHL assessor. Drive careful, keep your hands on the wheel, use mirrors, indicate, don’t hit any kerbs and keep to the speed limit. Maybe a theory involved so a brush up on the highway code will help, along with a basic knowledge of the tacho regs and how to fill a tacho in.

Be polite and ask questions always got my attention, calling everyone on the road a {nb} if they cut you up is not a good move!

Thanks for your help. Just gotta wait for a date now

Just got a call from the agency. Got an assessment tomorrow afternoon. 2pm. Let’s hope I don’t screw it up

dar1976:
Just got a call from the agency. Got an assessment tomorrow afternoon. 2pm. Let’s hope I don’t screw it up

Good luck with the assessment, hope it goes well :wink:

dar1976:

Good luck with it mate, keep it cool, enjoy the drive, give the assessor a pleasant drive, don’t race around, don’t accelerate or brake harshly, 2 hands on wheel when poss, but relaxed not in test manner.

You should be fine.

Don’t bother with your PCV in 2012 mate :unamused: