dhl halewood?

Anyone been here before? I got a night run late this evening. And I have had bad experiences with DHL sites. So want to know if tipping times are quick etc. Had a look on google streetview and access looks alright.

When accepting I was thinking it would be an 8-hour job. But I gotta pick up the wagon - go and get loaded, drive from brum. Then get tipped and drive back. So I think I was being a bit overoptimistic.

Also I’ve not done liverpool before. I’ve done Ellesmere port though. Is it worth paying for the tunnel or at 4am am I better off driving around?

As usual sorry for daft questions and thanks for advice. Cheers.

You’re coming from Brum you say, M6, M56 (or x-country it via Northwich ), A533 twds Widnes, A562 twds Liverpool. No tunnels on that route, a few bridges mind.

pierrot 14:
You’re coming from Brum you say, M6, M56 (or x-country it via Northwich ), A533 twds Widnes, A562. No tunnels on that route, a few bridges mind.

Yeah - I got my head mixed up looking at google maps and thought the mersey bridge was a tunnel.

I’ve decided to wing it. I’ll treat it as a little adventure and just see how long it takes me. I’m hoping the traffic isn’t too bad and that I can be back for reasonable oclock. Had things to do tomorrow but been offered this and the money is very good. I can’t change how long it takes so won’t worry about it.

I presume you’re doing another JLR , so forgot to add , after you’ve joined the 562 you’ll come to a jnct where the 562 goes off, stay on the dual which becomes the A561, twds Speke and Garston, then take the next junc into the ind/estate

google.fr/maps/search/dhl/@ … a=!3m1!1e3

pierrot 14:
I presume you’re doing another JLR , so forgot to add , after you’ve joined the 562 you’ll come to a jnct where the 562 goes off, stay on the dual which becomes the A561, twds Speke and Garston, then take the next junc into the ind/estate

google.fr/maps/search/dhl/@ … a=!3m1!1e3

Cheers. Using that link I already know which gate I want now.

If I can get this done in 8 hours I’ll be real happy. All depends on how long it takes to get loaded/unloaded. After this I might not be driving for a few weeks as I have uni work to concentrate on before class 1. I’m going to presume it’s a 12/13 hour shift and if it’s less I’m winning.

Mersey bridge is a toll, need to pay it online by midnight tomorrow otherwise they will screw you.

So you…

Haven’t been decked by some neck tattooed driver from last week for dinging his motor then?

yourhavingalarf:
So you…

Haven’t been decked by some neck tattooed driver from last week for dinging his motor then?

That was a few months ago. And it’s turned into a joke. Whenever I see lads from the agency they tell me about how he keeps asking where I live and what my full name is. I thought it was a wind up - until I went back to fill in some more accident paperwork and the women from the office said he kept asking to book me so we could have it out. Unreal.

Apparently, he’s short and skinny and about 60 - but he’s from Scotland so is probably hard. I’ll make sure I run fast if he ever sees me.

del trotter:
Mersey bridge is a toll, need to pay it online by midnight tomorrow otherwise they will screw you.

Can I pay by company credit card there and then?

EDIT - unless someone tells me it’s a REALLY bad idea. I might just set sat nav to avoid tolls. As then I don’t have to deal with hassle of explaining why and giving receipts.

sammym:

del trotter:

EDIT - unless someone tells me it’s a REALLY bad idea. I might just set sat nav to avoid tolls. As then I don’t have to deal with hassle of explaining why and giving receipts.

No you can’t as its done by Anpr cameras.Got to be paid online as said.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

daftvader:

sammym:

del trotter:

No you can’t as its done by Anpr cameras.Got to be paid online as said.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Cheers - I’m not playing those games. And I don’t want hassle about any fines. So I’ll avoid the tolls altogether. With next to no traffic I can’t see it really effecting my journey.

sammym:
he’s from Scotland so is probably hard.

Not quite sure why, but that really tickled me. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

sammym:

del trotter:

Don’t bother with the Mersey bridge… don’t even bother with the 56 just go across the M62 come off at Jct 6 get on the A5300 only on it for a mile. Chuck a right at the round about and that drops you down on to the 562

SouthEastCashew:

sammym:

del trotter:

Don’t bother with the Mersey bridge… don’t even bother with the 56 just go across the M62 come off at Jct 6 get on the A5300 only on it for a mile. Chuck a right at the round about and that drops you down on to the 562

Cheers.

Daftvader and Del, I didn’t know that the new bridge was finished. Can he not use the old route, the old A533, the one that runs along the railway bridge ?

google.fr/maps/@53.3441919,-2.7340135,14z

Edit to add: Looking at what Cashew has just said, I’m with that one too

M6, M62 twds L/pool exit at J6 then down

New bridge is open. Old bridge is closed. Its ANRP so if you do go over let your manager know so they can pay.

But if its JLR then I echo the m6 M62 A5300 down to r/b and turn right.

Sent from my FDR-A01L using Tapatalk

pierrot 14:
Daftvader and Del, I didn’t know that the new bridge was finished. Can he not use the old route, the old A533, the one that runs along the railway bridge ?

The new bridge has been opened a while mate not used it yet though… they aren’t silly though they’ve had the Runcorn bridge closed a while making it a toll road as well.

sammym:
I’ll make sure I run fast if he ever sees me.

No…

Just make sure you set up your phone camera so we can all see you getting your ■■■■ kicked around a transport yard. :smiley:

Alternatively, I’m told a brachial stun will stop most people in a great deal less than a second. Google it, try it and let’s see the results.

Go team Sammy!!

yourhavingalarf:

sammym:
I’ll make sure I run fast if he ever sees me.

No…

Just make sure you set up your phone camera so we can all see you getting your ■■■■ kicked around a transport yard. :smiley:

Alternatively, I’m told a brachial stun will stop most people in a great deal less than a second. Google it, try it and let’s see the results.

Go team Sammy!!

Branchial stun… don’t be daft. I really know how to hurt the bloke. I’ll crash into his truck and drive off smiling with a thumbs up :smiley: :smiley: It would ruin him.

SouthEastCashew:

pierrot 14:

The new bridge has been opened a while mate not used it yet though… they aren’t silly though they’ve had the Runcorn bridge closed a while making it a toll road as well.

I’ve made a note of that fact, for the next time I’m up there delivering north of the Mersey, Speke and Garston areas, Thanks