Dentists.

i been thinking again. :laughing:

wouldn’t it be a good idea to have dentists working out of truckstops/msa’s?
we are in the sort of job that prevents us from being back home at an exact time, therefore preventing us from keeping appointments.
so we have to take a full day off just to get a 10 minute appointment with the dentist. however in my case it would be a full week.
i think it will be good for the ecconomy. park up, pull out, crack on.

anyway, this is not going to happen as we live in the UK.

So, which EU country has the cheapest dental prices. i’ll pop in when i’m passing.

tooth extraction prices.

Country
UK sterling price including hospital and doctors’ fees
US dollar equivalent
Percentage saving on UK price

UK
£75
$131

Bulgaria
£48
$84
36%

Costa Rica
£31
$54
59%

Croatia
£30
$53
60%

Cyprus
£60
$105
20%

Czech
£54
$95
28%

Greece
£64
$112
15%

Hungary
£32
$56
57%

India
£15
$26
80%

Italy
£40
$70
47%

Latvia
£32
$56
57%

Lithuania
£30
$53
60%

Macedonia
£17
$30
77%

Malaysia
£20
$35
73%

Philippines
£13
$23
83%

Poland
£40
$70
47%

Portugal
£62
$109
17%

Romania
£22
$39
71%

Slovakia
£15
$26
80%

Spain
£57
$100
24%

Thailand
£27
$47
64%

Turkey
£30
$53
60%

Vietnam
£26
$46
65%

Blimey Phil, You must have been bored. :laughing:

I can just see it now…

“Boss, Can I do that Philippines run you were on about? At least I can fill up with cheap diesel to make it pay.”

Ken.

I’ve a couple of sets of vice grips in the side locker i’ll do it for a coffee nation and a donught :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

limeyphil:
i been thinking again. :laughing:

I was thinking about it as well, as I am on call 24/7 so can’t really make an appoitment. Been to the dentist recently, now I have to book the bigger job and I can’t do it, as I never know if I will be working next week or not :slight_smile:

I read of a Polish dentist using a lorry as a surgery he was working in the Scottish Highlands.

alamcculloch:
I read of a Polish dentist using a lorry as a surgery he was working in the Scottish Highlands.

Well, in Scottish Highlands it’s not a surprise. They have mobile banks, mobile cinemas, mobile libraries, so why not mobile dentists? :wink:

i just asked SWMBO obeyed how much it costs in spain as she’s a dental nurse and your price is only a little bit out, its not that cheap in spain, but she did say it was a really good idea :open_mouth:
limeyphil’s got a good idea this time rather than a rant about east europeans or the border agency :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
i for one would think it would do well although those barber buses in south mimms and somewhere else i can’t remember just now never lasted long did they?

welshboyinspain:
i just asked SWMBO obeyed how much it costs in spain as she’s a dental nurse and your price is only a little bit out, its not that cheap in spain, but she did say it was a really good idea :open_mouth:
limeyphil’s got a good idea this time rather than a rant about east europeans or the border agency :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
i for one would think it would do well although those barber buses in south mimms and somewhere else i can’t remember just now never lasted long did they?

There is still a barber shop at Lymm services (M6/M56) or at least it was still there a couple of months ago.

Thing about going abroad is it could be a butcher working on your teeth for all you know, prices in the uk are ridiculous. The golden handshake between trainee dentists and the NHS should be increased to about 10 years, i think it is currently 2 years. Then these NHS trained dentist can bugger off and start a private practice.

merc0447:
Thing about going abroad is it could be a butcher working on your teeth for all you know, prices in the uk are ridiculous. The golden handshake between trainee dentists and the NHS should be increased to about 10 years, i think it is currently 2 years. Then these NHS trained dentist can bugger off and start a private practice.

Will all my respect, while the finances and organization of NHS, as well as hospital staff attitude to patients is well better than in Poland, I value more the Polish doctor’s qualifications.

There is even a saying amongst the Polish community: “Are you going to Polish doctor or to doctor Paracetamol”, as it seems that British doctors thinks that Paracetamol is a cure for everything.

I was offered it after I could not walk after my car accident, my now ex gf, who has long time spinal problems after a horse riding accident over ten years ago and used to have regular rehabilitation treatment back in Poland was given Paracetamol here. I told the doctor, that if she wanted paracetamol, she would go to the gas station, not to the surgery. What they did? They sent her to the MRI scan and after they agreed that her problem is serious. They gave her stronger painkillers…

Also: I go to the dentist surgery in Glasgow staffed by the Polish and other Eastern European dentists, and they have very good opinion amongst the Scottish patients…

My ex-gf gives Polish lessons to a young Scottish doctor, who married Polish guy. She said that average Polish nurse has more knowledge and qualifications than British doctor just after his studies…

So going to another country for yor medical treatment can be not so bad idea, especially when you dont’ go to the public health service but go to the private surgery, whenthanks to your money they will treat you with respect :slight_smile:

orys.
A bit of useless info i once delivered 8plts of pill bottles to a paracetamol factory in poznan.
regards dave.+

We had a family holiday in Egypt a couple of years ago. Mrs. D’s filling fell out just b4 we went. The dentist here gave her a temporary filling and some paracetamol and sent her away. But he ballsed it up and in Egypt she was in proper [zb]ing agony.

We asked around for a dentist and were pointed towards a right butchers shop. The only thing missing was blood on the walls! Mrs. D didn’t fancy it there so we asked the taxi driver to take us to another. What a difference. The whole practice gleamed like a new pin, including the staff. The dentist saw her more or less straight away. He x-rayed her and saw the problem. The UK ■■■ had packed the filling too close to the nerve. He took out the filling, killed the nerve and re-filled it. And charged us 90 quid. But worth every penny in my opinion. He was brilliant, a real pro. Mrs. D was pain free after that.

Phil, why don’t you use an emergency dentist? I went to one the other week on a saturday for a filling. They only do basic stuff but that’s all u want

dafdave:
orys.
A bit of useless info i once delivered 8plts of pill bottles to a paracetamol factory in poznan.
regards dave.+

Yeah, we export a lot of them to UK :slight_smile:

merc0447:

Errrr, just the same in this country mate. Hospital in Burton on Trent had some guy employed for a couple of years before they worked out something was not right. turned out he had lied about his qualifications and experience (none) and bluffed his way through.

I also reckon Tesco’s should take over the NHS. How crazy is it that you can only be ill between 9 and 5, need to give the doctor 3 days notice before becoming ill and needing an appointment, yet you can buy fish finger 24/7 every day except christmas.

DoYouMeanMe?:
I also reckon Tesco’s should take over the NHS.

Not bleedin’ likely! For one thing, if we got held up they’d keep us waiting for 24 hours in the queue, and for another every dosser in town would be a Clubcard millionaire!

limeyphil:
tooth extraction prices.

Country
UK sterling price including hospital and doctors’ fees
US dollar equivalent
Percentage saving on UK price

UK
£75

My dentist took out a tooth last month… £45

orys:

alamcculloch:

Well, in Scottish Highlands it’s not a surprise. They have mobile banks, mobile cinemas, mobile libraries, so why not mobile dentists? :wink:

dont know about the highlands but there certainly was one in aberdeen shire using a van

edit
just found his website

doc-mobile.co.uk/content/home.html

farmer:

orys:

alamcculloch:

dont know about the highlands but there certainly was one in aberdeen shire using a van

edit
just found his website

doc-mobile.co.uk/content/home.html

Thats bizarre :open_mouth:

I’m seriously considering going to Hungary or Poland to get 3 Implants done.

Costa Rica, India & the Philippines are cheaper (well done finding DentistsAbroad Phil :wink: ) but too far to go as 2 - 3 visits are needed for implants.