DENTIST aaaahhhhhhhh

right i,ve got to come to terms with my biggest fear i must visit the DENTIST :open_mouth: i,ve had a tooth ache for a week and im zb scared of going to see them,i can,t keep taking pain killers but how can i get over the fear of them dentist people,i only end up going when i cant take the pain anymore and pay a fortune for a emergency dentist ā€¦any suggestions, help

gasā€¦ a bit of that and you wonā€™t care if it hurts or notā€¦

innit:
right i,ve got to come to terms with my biggest fear i must visit the DENTIST :open_mouth: i,ve had a tooth ache for a week and im zb scared of going to see them,i can,t keep taking pain killers but how can i get over the fear of them dentist people,i only end up going when i cant take the pain anymore and pay a fortune for a emergency dentist ā€¦any suggestions, help

Shove a big blob of toothpaste down the 'ole a least 3 times thro the day. Always worked for me when Iā€™ve had toothache and I havenā€™t been to dentist in over 10 years now; no problems with my teeth whatsoever although when I eat a MarsBar my teeth remind me I shouldnā€™t do so maybe I do have an 'ole myself but it doesnā€™t give me grief :confused: . I used to like going to the dentist but I certainly wouldnā€™t look forward to a visit now - not for the physical pain, more for the financial pain :open_mouth: .

When you get into the chair, grab hold of the dentist by the family jewels, look him squarely in the eye and say, ā€œthis isnā€™t going to hurt is it?ā€ :wink: :smiley: :sunglasses:

Only thing I can say is bite the bullet (sorry :blush: :blush: ) and go. I hadn;t gone for 17 years and only needed a filling replaced. I had a real fear of dentists as when when I was young a dentist scared the heck out of me. My wife persuaded me to go back 3 years ago and while I am still ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  it each time I go it does get easier.

Fortunately I havenā€™t needed anything but my dentist has been great. He still does NHS as well which helps.

I know the feelingā€¦ I see that you are in Erithā€¦ I can reccommend a very good dentist in easy reach of where you live (I donā€™t live far away) She has treated my whole family, and we are all terrified of dentists. She even only smiled when after having my mouth open for 10 mins after having Novacaine, I gradually let my mouth close and without realising it, was biting her finger :laughing:
She even lets me have the bubblegum flavour local (topical) aneasthetic that they give to kids before injecting the needle :laughing: I can send you the address in message if you want.
P.S. I have a SERIOUS phobia about dentists, and I swear that sheā€™s as good as they get!
P.P.S. Until you get an appointment, try getting some clove oil from a health food shop. Put a bit of the oil on your finger and rub it around the gum of the tooth thatā€™s hurting every so often. It does take the edge off the ache for a while. If itā€™s the gum thatā€™s hurting rather than the tooth, warm (boiled) salty water will help, as it may be a gumboil (abscess) and for some absecces, you might wanna even try very gently cleaning your teeth every few hours, but this only works with some gumboils.
SEEā– ā– ? Iā€™ve tried it all!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I cannot stand going to the dentist. I havenā€™t been for several years. Last time I went it was a bit of a shock (to the system and the wallett) as I needed 8 fillings (Ā£120 - full NHS whack). I have to say by the end of it I wasnā€™t as bothered by them as at the start. I have to say though, he is a superb dentist. I tell you what though, Iā€™ll clean the moalers reguarly now :laughing: .

When i was 18 years old a gang beat me to within a minute of my life, I was only saved by a passer by who dragged me out of a ditch unconsious. During the beating the kicked out one of my teeth and so I went to visit my family dentist who had changed from a friendly guy to a butcher, I walked out after he caused me so much pain and never went back. I never visited a Dentist again. Some years later I had an ulcer under the broken tooth which caused agony. I went to the Doctor who advised me going to a dentist. I told the Doctor a lie and said that the dentist told me that the infection needed kiiling first, he believed me (fool) and gave me some Penicilin which ended the infection and the pain within an hour. ---- Try this before you face your fear :laughing:
I have dental insurance here with a ā€˜co-payā€™ I went to a dentist in Lake George to see about getting the missing tooth replaced. The dentist spent 30 minutes doing dental polishing etc then some other guy examines my teeth and tells me to make another appointment to have a cap done. Wt the desk I had a ā€˜co-payā€™ of $15.00 for that day and was informed me that my ā€˜co-payā€™ for the cap would be around $1,500 :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

I have lived with a space in my mouth since 18 years, it will stay there till I die :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I hope by now you have plucked up the courage to see a dentist, I too have a fear of ever visiting one. So far I have been lucky, no fillings and no extractions and at my age I think thats good, could be I have always used one brand of toothpaste from being a child, ( 60 odd years now ) :slight_smile: BE A BRAVE SOLDIER
DANNEKE ( Motorway Queen )

You bunch of wusses! Scared of a dentist :unamused: :unamused: Iā€™ve never had a problem and all my teeth need doing is a bit of a clean up of tartar. (i think thatā€™s what it is) Iā€™m in and out of the dentist in 10-15 mins. (as long as there is no queue) :wink:

i aint done so yet, thanks to runaroundtel for the dentist info ,but im still KACKING ME PANTS :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: pains eased off so may be its o.k :laughing:

V8KARLV8:
You bunch of wusses! Scared of a dentist :unamused: :unamused: Iā€™ve never had a problem and all my teeth need doing is a bit of a clean up of tartar. (i think thatā€™s what it is) Iā€™m in and out of the dentist in 10-15 mins. (as long as there is no queue) :wink:

Iā€™m not so much scared of the Dentist as i am the $1100 bil for one cap. :laughing:

bloody hell pat :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: was it a solid gold cap :confused:

See that avatar of yours innit?? Well thatā€™ll be you in a few years mate, crying with the pain of toothache . Get your ā– ā– ā– ā–  to the dentist!!! :wink:

I have been visiting the dentist every 6 months since I was old enough to start going.

Danneke:
So far I have been lucky, no fillings and no extractions and at my age I think thats good, could be I have always used one brand of toothpaste from being a child, ( 60 odd years now ) :slight_smile:

I am like Danneke, I have had no extractions, fillings or anything else done, and at 28 thats good.

There are some people I know whose kids have filings already and they havent even reached their teens yet, it sometimes makes me wonder what people give their kids to eat to make them have fillings at such a young age :cry: :cry:

Pat Hasler:

V8KARLV8:

Iā€™m not so much scared of the Dentist as i am the $1100 bil for one cap. :laughing:

:open_mouth: Does it have an encrusted diamond?

samb:
I have been visiting the dentist every 6 months since I was old enough to start going.

Danneke:
So far I have been lucky, no fillings and no extractions and at my age I think thats good, could be I have always used one brand of toothpaste from being a child, ( 60 odd years now ) :slight_smile:

I am like Danneke, I have had no extractions, fillings or anything else done, and at 28 thats good.

There are some people I know whose kids have filings already and they havent even reached their teens yet, it sometimes makes me wonder what people give their kids to eat to make them have fillings at such a young age :cry: :cry:

It can be nothing to do with what you eat. I brush twice a day with a 'leccey toothbrush and eat very little of the foods your not supposed to for other reasons. He says my main problem is that I was born 18 weeks early and the calcium went to my bones instead of my teeth. Theyā€™re very white but weak. The work built up over a period of time because I wouldnā€™t go to a dentist :cry: :unamused: . Iā€™ll be their every six months now without fail :wink: .

margatemafia:
bloody hell pat :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: was it a solid gold cap :confused:

NO :exclamation: Just a regular cap and that is only 10% of the cost. :exclamation:

We donā€™t have national health here, If one of those harvest guys is seriously ill or injured he will be in the poop :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

If you are expected to pay that sort of money for a porcelaine cap there Pat, I have to say that it would be more economical for you to get a flight back here to the U.K. and have treatment privately. It would probably be cheaper. I have a porcelaine tooth that was made especially after 2 fittings which is cemented to the next tooth and it cost Ā£275 and that it not with an N.H.S. dentist but done privately. In actual fact, I had my whole mouth put right for under Ā£500 and this was with a VERY good practice of dental surgeons, and this price included X rays, bubblegum flavour topical anesthetic, Captial radio on in the background, and sun glasses so that I didnā€™t have that big nasty light in my eyes (with a vague reflection of what they were doing in my mouth) :laughing:

last time i wentā€¦the dentist he said your teeth are alright ā€¦but your gums have to come out
have a nice day