DENTIST aaaahhhhhhhh

I don’t particularly like dentists either! Years ago when I was having a tooth extracted the dentist injected the wrong side and then pulled the tooth. Hmm. Didn’t see him again. MY current dentist is this nice young Indian lass, really nice smile :wink:

Last October I had an accident at work which compounded the problem that I had a wisdom tooth growing forwards into another tooth, the second tooth was split and in the accident they both shattered. They “came out” within 20 minutes… Broke up on extraction and I managed to get part of the root left in there. A few months later that “grew” out of the side of the gum which finally exited when I bit into a roll too quickly in London when a van pulled in front of me…

If you get the right dentist it’s great, it’s best to get recommendations on these sort of things. And it’s also a que to cut down on sweety things :blush: :blush: :blush: :slight_smile:

runaroundtel:
If you are expected to pay that sort of money for a porcelaine cap there Pat, I have to say that it would be more economical for you to get a flight back here to the U.K. and have treatment privately. It would probably be cheaper. I have a porcelaine tooth that was made especially after 2 fittings which is cemented to the next tooth and it cost £275 and that it not with an N.H.S. dentist but done privately. In actual fact, I had my whole mouth put right for under £500 and this was with a VERY good practice of dental surgeons, and this price included X rays, bubblegum flavour topical anesthetic, Captial radio on in the background, and sun glasses so that I didn’t have that big nasty light in my eyes (with a vague reflection of what they were doing in my mouth) :laughing:

This is entirely my point of view also. When i first strted working here and was offered health insurance at $125 a week i told the rep I could save for a couple of weeks and fly home to get free treatment on the NHS. The rep didn’t get a customer. The health insurance I have now is much less because it is subsidised by the company and includes the whole family. I must have it for the sake of my Kid’s, they come first, before anything else. :smiley:

just back from the dentist :cry: four needles in my gum and then he struggled for ten minutes to pull it out. no pain at all while he was doing it… but it was only 45minutes ago and the anaesthetic hasnt worn off yet :cry: :cry:

ouch moan whimper groan. it hurts now! :cry:

JONBOY@RH:
ouch moan whimper groan. it hurts now! :cry:

A nice well-done baguette for your supper Jon :question: :laughing:

mushroom soup and soggy bread actually rob :open_mouth: :laughing: just thinking about having a vodka and lemonade through a straw :wink:

So what you’re saying is that after being at a dentist, you don’t want to be getting a small peice of rice trapped inside the gum before the hole has had a chance to cover over?

Warm Salt Water helps, just don’t drink it!

A man walks into the dentist’s office and after the dentist examines him, he says, “that tooth has to come out. I’m going to give you a shot of Novocain and I’ll be back in a few minutes.”
The man grabs the doc’s arm, “No way. I hate needles I’m not having any shot!”
So the dentist says, “okay, we’ll have to go with the gas.”
The man replies, “absolutely not. It makes me very sick for a couple of days. I’m not having gas.”
So the dentist steps out and comes back with a glass of water, “here,” he says. “Take this pill.”

The man asks “What is it?”
The doc replies, “■■■■■■.”
The man looks surprised, “will that kill the pain?” he asks.

“No,” replies the dentist, “but it will give you something to hang on to while I pull your tooth!”