Delivering to invoice address!

How many people have done this?

I’ve just been sent into one of our customers to collect a ‘load’, was only a short call because the ‘superior being’ was on with summat and was just told to go in and get it loaded.

Out comes the paperwork, quick glance at it suggests I’m going to mitie gen at oldbury, not a problem!

As I’d only half hour left anyway I pulled out of said customers yard and parked down the road, it’s only now an hour later after ■■■■■■■ around shifting stuff that I actually had a look and oldbury is the invoice address and rutherglen is the delivery address.

I’d have been up and away in the morn if I hadn’t just spotted this, surely this must be a common mistake?!!?

Everyone has done this, I once went to the delivery address on my CMR to deliver 26 pallets of Spanish wine, and it was a bungalow in a cul-de-sac. The importer’s home address.

I once tried to deliver a full trailer load of cloth to a council house in Didsbury Manchester.

The lady of the house was adamant I’d got the wrong address :smiley:

Market traders are the worse for it, buy some stock cheap from abroad, gets sent over on a groupage trailer, next thing you’ve parked the truck outside the house and go banging on the door 1st thing in the morning!

Did it once with 24 tonnes of washed house coal. Luckily I managed to get away with it as the delivery address was only an hour away.

Wouldn’t mind but I loaded here numerous times and know invoice address is at top and delivery at bottom, but in my haste to get out a quick look could have left me high n dry. Not that the gaffa would say owt, be too busy ■■■■■■ himself at my misfortune!

I used to get sent to comets offices in hull to pick up stuff that where in stores all over the uk.

Guilty!
Delivered a machine to invoice address,small factory…accepted and signed for…
get an office call an hour later…have you tipped?
Another call from office…oops,look at POD again, admit mistake,offer to fix problem…no,don’t
bother,carry on back to base.

Turned out 14 contract fitters were waiting for it 3 miles away.
Cost the boss a fortune in fitter fees and a subbie to move machine.

22 tonnes of washing up liquid to the financial district in Paris, should have been in Reims

15 tonne of Glucose to Le Mans, should have gone to Orleans.

2 new SLK Mercedes to Colindale London, should have been in Manchester

Aston Martin to accountants house in ■■■■■■■■■■■■ should have gone to garage in Inverness

Loaded 20 tonnes of Raspberries in Poland for Guernsey. (All Excited) Had to tip in Worcester after changing paperwork in Dover.

I don’t think it is very common :wink:

Waited once over a Day for an auto crane to unload a Machine outside Capua.When i went angry phoned the Guard the head Office.The girl there was clever and run down to the Road where since the day before was a crane truck parked and the Driver run bored Circles in front of it.
It was the one who got sent to the Factura address.
Another Time i swapped Trailer in luxembourg for Belgy.
was a load Pictures for a chinese take away.
No,i was not wrong.but i still dont know what a take away does with an Artic full Pictures :grimacing:

Once had 2 drops in east London and one on south coast in Hastings. Well no I actually had 3 in east London. That buggered up the day, was too late to tip by the time I got back up.

Yep, turned up with a 45’ trailer at an office block, they were alright about it and would’ve even took it if I had a tail lift, which I didn’t.

Set off driving south on M6 towards address when phone rings… Boss: “Are you sure you know the way to Kendle??”… I’m like, Kendle? Says Stoke on paperwork… Boss: “Open the paperwork up and you’ll see a letter saying Deliver to address:…”… Oh, ok, I’ll turn around then :slight_smile:

Also, took a bollard out at a DFS when I tried to deliver to the (rather large) front doors and got stuck…

Off to Bristol with a couple of empty wine vats… should have been Paddington.

peterm:
Off to Bristol with a couple of empty wine vats… should have been Paddington.

I thought this was about delivering to the wrong address, not getting the drivers mixed up :stuck_out_tongue:

A couple of builders I deliver to have bays at their head office so builders can shovel material into their vans for small jobs. Ive noticed the invoice address given in full, whereas we’re given just "yard, (wherever)…It appears our office are not bothered if delivery gets there, but they want the customer to pay for it regardless.

skids:
Market traders are the worse for it, buy some stock cheap from abroad, gets sent over on a groupage trailer, next thing you’ve parked the truck outside the house and go banging on the door 1st thing in the morning!

Same here,full load of junk for a Poundland clone to a block of flats in Lisbon. The buyer get out of bed & takes me miles away to his shop.

Slightly off topic but funny! Ambulance tried to deliver somebody else’s old dad to me, couldn’t be mine, he’s been dead 20 years! They were in the wrong street, but the butch female driver was most insistent that he was mine, as the sat-nav said he was! :smiley: She was most put out when she had to load him and the wheelchair back on!
Bernard

Can you tell me why all ambulance drivers are women? -or 90%

harry:
Can you tell me why all ambulance drivers are women? -or 90%

It keeps hospital beds free, most of the patients do not make it to hospital on time :imp:

Hides laughing

does it not say on top of this page UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS?