Delete

Delete

i dont think they know

I think it very strange that I’ve heard of no one locally that’s secured a permanent position out of lots who applied.

ADR claim to be the sole supplier of agency drivers & in the recent past have been advertising for up to 80 drivers & saying that they’re also interested in drivers who have been successful in the interviews.

Out of the 80-100 extra drivers this RDC will need, I don’t think many will be permanent positions.

I’m in the same boat, although I have had a couple phone calls as well as the emails. Same thing, no vacancies yet.

I find it strange they advertised 100 job, but don’t know if they or will have vacancies.

I do know of one driver having started there through the recruitment process.

I’m looking else where, I have a feeling that there will end up being no jobs.

Also how can the process be fair, when they offered jobs to some people before others had even had interviews.

Very disappointed in the Co-Op with this situation, always thought they where better than this.

If it’s anything like Avonmouth Coop they will have several “ramp ups” over the first 6-9 months of operation where they will increase the amount of store deliveries gradually taking on the extra drivers in smallish batches. Plus Avonmouth depot is in utter chaos most of the time.

I love chaos, where do I sign…:slight_smile:

spannertrucker:
Can anyone who works at The Co op at Castlewood throw any light as to what is happening regarding recruitment?

I have passed both my interviews, my drugs test and my driving assessment. The latest email I received from them said that I was in a “pool of successful candidates” and they would contact me should any vaccancies arrise.

What I was wondering was, are there actually ever going to be any vaccancies? Several drivers from where I work have applied, but I don’t know anyone who has been taken on.

They seem to have gone to quite a bit of trouble and expense to interview and assess people, so hopefully I might hear something soon, but I am wondering if the whole thing is a paperwork exercise and I might never get set on.

Thanks for any info.

I know of 3 of our drivers who have jobs there now,my mate started there about a month ago on class 2,another left just after but not sure if he’s doing class 1/2,the other one took redundancy in February and now works there,class 1 but not sure exactly when he started exactly,also know of one lad who has gone in office,something to do with recruitment.

dozy:
I know of 3 of our drivers who have jobs there now,my mate started there about a month ago on class 2,another left just after but not sure if he’s doing class 1/2,the other one took redundancy in February and now works there,class 1 but not sure exactly when he started exactly,also know of one lad who has gone in office,something to do with recruitment.

Are they perm or agency?

Chas:

dozy:

Are they perm or agency?

They are all permanent.

Does anyone know what the rota system is now? Was horrid at Blenheim which is why I left but heard a rumour the salary went up to 30k?
Seen the driving assessments being done daily a while back from the new site.

Think the rota is being changed around at moment. Due to the depot ramping up over the course of a few months, much is up in the air. Salary on class one approx. £31500. Store deliveries now being combined with frozen ambient and chill on same vehicle. Site should be fully operational by mid August. Last shop deliveries from Alfreton scheduled for end 1st week August. (apparently). Think then they may know what is happening re drivers etc. Does not help that but quieter at moment, so maybe not as many drivers needed? Time will tell. Nice site, hopefully will work our well.

If the rota is anything like the one at Avonmouth then expect to have lots of single days off and a crap life outside of work.

Wayne:
If the rota is anything like the one at Avonmouth then expect to have lots of single days off and a crap life outside of work.

It shouldn’t be as COOP are running it not Norberts. You must have the same rota as us at Andover!

I forgot,our old depot manager is there as well,no idea what job he’s got,so total of five I know about,and so I’m told lad who runs out of jct 27 starts in July.

Still waiting to hear something, anyone else heard anything yet?

Nottingham DC closed last weekend.now all ambient at Castlewood.

Rang them today, they won’t give a straight answer, do you have jobs or not!

Seems to be a lot of smoke and mirrors going on.

I know a couple of drivers who have jumped through all the hoops (and quite some time ago) but are still “just waiting for a start date”.

Another email saying I’m still in the pool of successful applicants awaiting a suitable vacancy, and if anything changes at Castlewood they would let me know.

What I want to know is have I got a job or not!

Getting frustrated

Another email saying I’m still in the pool of successful applicants awaiting a suitable vacancy, and if anything changes at Castlewood they would let me know.

What I want to know is have I got a job or not!

Getting frustrated