Dear VOSA

olz69:
Just had a look at their website to find out what time Morrisons at Wakefield close the canteen,got a 5pm slot want to make sure i get my free meal :smiley:

my favorite place is morissons canteen. can anyone beat it.

Quick msg to Brit Pete why are you still in Dortmund as all the Brits left there in 1996.

change subject OK some of you may have seen my previous posts regarding the enemy (VOSA) but for those of you who obviously love them, think again their vindictive methods fall short of breaching human rights especially when its your turn to be targeted, they havenā€™t bothered me for 3 yrs which isnā€™t bad I suppose but my O licence is due for review soon and I am absolutly dreading it

tell beverley she can pop into our garage anytimeā€¦she can explain to her chap where all the oily handprints came from. :open_mouth:

There are around 4-5,00 brits still liveing in DORTMUND and lots more scattered all
over germany,liveing and working over here

limeyphil:
Well Davey driver,

If Beverley bell acted responsibley then she would look at the problems that affect drivers. Instead of reading a law book and doing sod all about recuring problems.
It must just be sane drivers who hand keys in, sit in waiting rooms, park in laybys with traffic zooming past all night.
Itā€™s idiots like me who push on a little bit to find a decent place to park then sign the tacho with a reason. Itā€™s idiots like me who say no to handing keys in. Itā€™s idiots like me who wonā€™t be forced to sit in waiting rooms for hours on end.
If she did her job properly there would be a set of rules for rdcā€™s. There would be ample free parking throughout her traffic area. Drivers would be not be refused toilets, or access to canteens.
But iā€™m an idiot for wanting better standards for drivers.
If you donā€™t want better conditions then carry on and do sod all, You and her would make a good couple.

i am no lover of vosa,/the best vosa is a dead one one in my book.
bell is worse again.
glad she has no control over me.

i agree with phil here.
drivers get walked upon everywhere and anywhere they go,
it messes up plans for breaks,parking up etc.
due to these problems the drivers are liable for over hours etc.
a lot of you on here may be younger and never drove before all these silly regulations came into being.
theres also an element of self righteous drivers in here who know nothing about felxibilityā€¦
i dont go over my hours either,but i am not a saint and will make sure i get a good spot to park for the night,not some layby getting shook every time a truck goes by and i refuse to pay for parking.
i did once and got my taut slashed.
these vosa nazis go home to their houses after they finish work or harassment would be a more suitable word.
remember, not everyone has perfect jobs with perfect planning and also transport never runs smooth.
so
to those of you that have perfect jobs.
good. for you.
dont critisize those of us that have not and sometimes have to use our brain to help us have a better life.

greg50:
dont critisize those of us that have not and sometimes have to use our brain to help us have a better life.

PMSL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

And of course Blaming Vosa for delays in RDCā€™s etc is using your Brain ā– ā– ?

Jeezussss I did not realise there were 2 Limeyphils obviously I was wrong :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Davey Driver:

greg50:

And of course Blaming Vosa for delays in RDCā€™s etc is using your Brain ā– ā– ?

Jeezussss I did not realise there were 2 Limeyphils obviously I was wrong :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

davey.
any more jobs where you work.
i wish i could have it so easy as you imply it is.
i never mentioned rdcs.
i dont have any dealing with them,
indeed,i wouldnt last.
i have an awful habit of saying what i think.
i would be barred after 10 minutes.
i was in one 8 weeks ago.
i gave them my car keys.
i needed to open and close the windows if it rained or got cold.
i still agree with phil.
bell uses all her her powers on drivers.
the rdcs should be prosecuted for aiding and abetting law breaking.
example
if i drove the getaway car,and you robbed the bank.
i would be prosecuted for helping you along.
think of it.
i dont know if i would put it down to bell,but she assumes all the power and acts like a little hitler.#she would have been thrown out of the gestapo for cruelty.
if she does read this forum.
i hope she can see.i will never be joining her fan club.#

limeyphil:
If Beverley Bell does look at this, Then answer me the following question?
Are you interested in the welfare of drivers?
If you are why donā€™t you get of your arse and prove it?

Is this really the way to win and influnce friends? Some how i think not. No matter what you may think of miss Bell iā€™m sure she is a proffesional woman who takes her job seriously and does so with pride. And if she does read this rubbish i hope she doesnā€™t think that we all regard her and her colleagues with such a lack of respect. Like the police, shes only doing her job. She donā€™t make the rules. As for drivers welfare, well if yr treated badly at an RDC, just ask yr self if yr own attitude could of improved yr stay.

still agree with phil.
bell uses all her her powers on drivers.

So dont break the law then Ms Bell will have no opportunity to have a go at you, its hardly brain surgery

You dont have time to wait to tip, then pull out or drop trailer, if your boss wont let you, and you comply with your bosses wishes , is that the TCā€™s fault?

Dont want the TC on your arse? comply with the law.

Do what is good for your Boss, and ā€œbend the law a littleā€ I bet when it is his/hers operators licence on the line he will disown you like a shot.

Rikki-UK:

still agree with phil.
hitler bell uses all her her powers on drivers.

So dont break the law then Ms Bell will have no opportunity to have a go at you, its hardly brain surgery

You dont have time to wait to tip, then pull out or drop trailer, if your boss wont let you, and you comply with your bosses wishes , is that the TCā€™s fault?

Dont want the TC on your arse? comply with the law.

Do what is good for your Boss, and ā€œbend the law a littleā€ I bet when it is his/hers operators licence on the line he will disown you like a shot.

Couldnā€™t of said it better myself.

i am not so interested in rdcs .
i dont use them.
no one is saying anything about my question regarding aiding and abetting.
it may not be bells problem.#but it is a good reason by what i read here about rdcs.
its not the driver fault he has to break the law.
what rdc will let you drop trailer and pullout?
generally this is a shambles situation with rdcs.
you want to leave,unit only.
the security man ask where are you going.
you tell them the position.
the reply is.
you cant leave the trl on the bay for 9 hoursā€¦or 13 if you need silly compensated hours rest.
thats a sad argument.
generally,drivers put up with crap form the rdcs/factories they deliver to/security/ police/vosa/nazibellā€¦car drivers.
wives for being away so long.
kids.
what can i say here?
shipping companies///young lads in offices trying to get the loads delivered faster than their opposition company and gain stripes.
again,i say to all of you with perfect jobs.
i wish i could get one of those you only have to think from the neck down.
fair play to you guys that have them.
pre planned deliveries and no probsā€¦bliss

greg50:

Davey Driver:

greg50:

davey.
any more jobs where you work.
i wish i could have it so easy as you imply it is.
i never mentioned rdcs.
i dont have any dealing with them,
indeed,i wouldnt last.
i have an awful habit of saying what i think.
i would be barred after 10 minutes.
i was in one 8 weeks ago.
i gave them my car keys.
i needed to open and close the windows if it rained or got cold.
i still agree with phil.
hitler bell uses all her her powers on drivers.
the rdcs should be prosecuted for aiding and abetting law breaking.
example
think of it.
i dont know if i would put it down to bell,but she assumes all the power and acts like a little hitler.#she would have been thrown out of the gestapo for cruelty.
if she does read this forum.
i hope she can see.i will never be joining her fan club.#
she is the scum of the earth and her vosa friends

what has any of the above got to do with vosa or Beverley Bell. When did he change her job to the rdc commisioner

ok.
excuse me.
i have only been at this job for the last 35 years.
all you young guys with all the brains and answers.
get the hood of your heads now.
what are we supposed to do when we get in a situation like this.
you drive into a factory to deliver a load.
you have 2 hrs or 3 or whatever left on spread or drive.
you get stuck ther for 5.
you are not supposed to drive,but the security tell you to exit the premises.
in the old days with the analogue system,this was ok.
you cant park on a loading bay overnight unfortunately.
what do you do?
you guys have the answers.
dont put them on a postcard.
put them here.
this is supposed to be a drivers forum for drivers,
not a driver against driver forum.
instead of coming out with smart over legal remarks,
if you have answers.
put them down.
help others that may need it.
maybe thats why neil is not here so much.
he knows what he is talking about.

OK, Iā€™m not 100% sure of this, but i think youā€™ll find that if the owners of the site where you are tipping try to move you after yr time has expired (obviously they have had reasonable time to tip you and you informed them of yr time expiring) i do believe that they have no right to move you on and you can call the police to assist, at which point its the polices choice to either A, inform the site owners that you wonā€™t be moving cos its not legal to do so and that they must accomodate you accordingly or B, give you signed permission to move to a suitable parking place. The likely hood is that you will not be moving. No one has the right to force you to break the law.

It seems that there is a lot of cojones being spouted here again.
Beverley Bell has about as much to do with the state of the roads, parking, the price of after eight mints or RDCā€™s as your local ATM has for being responsible for 3rd world debt.

The people you should be lobbying are your MP, FTA and RHA, I know they are a waste of space but they have more say in these things than the first woman in England to be a Traffic Commissioner. A lawyer , she pledged to crackdown on cowboy bus, coach and lorry operators and promised to take a particular interest in enforcing booze bans on football coaches and ensuring high standards on school transport. Her appointment marked the re-establishment of the north westā€™s own regulator of road transport. A former prosecutor for the Vehicle Inspectorate, she has the power to call operators before public inquiries and to revoke, suspend or curtail licences. Her aim was to target firms who ran slip-shod operations, cut corners and endangered other road users
Join Barry Tozer if you think he can help.

VOSA, The Police, and IRTE are doing a job which supports the Traffic Commisionars getting dangerous drivers, trucks and buses off the road. VOSA are also the agency that licence your local Fred in a shed with the MOT licences.

It concerns me that some people are allowed the vote and to travel alone on buses.

What ever happened to harging demurrage, its legal and would have an effect on turnaround times if the RDC`s had to pay it

MR VAIN:
OK, Iā€™m not 100% sure of this, but i think youā€™ll find that if the owners of the site where you are tipping try to move you after yr time has expired (obviously they have had reasonable time to tip you and you informed them of yr time expiring) i do believe that they have no right to move you on and you can call the police to assist, at which point its the polices choice to either A, inform the site owners that you wonā€™t be moving cos its not legal to do so and that they must accomodate you accordingly or B, give you signed permission to move to a suitable parking place. The likely hood is that you will not be moving. No one has the right to force you to break the law.

Much simpler, Explain to the site manager when you arrive, or as soon as you realise that your time is getting short. If he is unwilling to listen or help than the only thiing you can do is write on the back of the card, or printout, the reason for it. As long as you dont do it every day or regularly at the same customer, Im sure that even an Irish driver would get away with that.

The days of the police coning off 3 bays either side of a sleeping driver are hogwash and have always been so :smiley:

greg50:
i hope she can see.i will never be joining her fan club.

I bet sheā€™s devastated and probably not able to sleep right now because she will be worrying about thatā€¦

And the nomination for quote of the year is:

greg50:

Most amusing thread on here at the moment! Itā€™s time to play the music, itā€™s time to light the lights, itā€™s time to meet theā€¦

greg50:
ok.
excuse me.
i have only been at this job for the last 35 years.
all you young guys with all the brains and answers.
get the hood of your heads now.
what are we supposed to do when we get in a situation like this.
you drive into a factory to deliver a load.
you have 2 hrs or 3 or whatever left on spread or drive.
you get stuck ther for 5.
you are not supposed to drive,but the security tell you to exit the premises.
in the old days with the analogue system,this was ok.
you cant park on a loading bay overnight unfortunately.
what do you do?
you guys have the answers.
dont put them on a postcard.
put them here.
this is supposed to be a drivers forum for drivers,
not a driver against driver forum.
instead of coming out with smart over legal remarks,
if you have answers.
put them down.
help others that may need it.
maybe thats why neil is not here so much.
he knows what he is talking about.

Surely with 35 years experience in this job then you should have come across most issues that face drivers on a daily basis.

Quite simple really if your out of hours you donā€™t move, thats the law and its quite simple, If you break it its down to you to justify the reasons (and yes i know that sometimes there is no alternative than to run over time).

How can an rdc Physically make you move? With regards to you moaning about handing your keys in, donā€™t. no one forces you to do anything, if you donā€™t like it donā€™t do it, iā€™m sure that 35 yrs ago you wouldnā€™t have.

Life changes an progresses on a daily basis, you have to live with it, However you still have choices for what you do and donā€™t do and if you make the wrong one you have to take the consequences.

However as you have now been told many times on this topic rdcā€™s MSA and where a driver can take a leak are not the reponsibility of the TC, That would be the owners and directors of these private companies. Why donā€™t you try moaning to the next time they upset you or do something you disagree with.

have i lost the plot ? but i cant remember what this thread was about, when i started reading it. itā€™s seem to of turned into a rant about anything but what the original post ask or said!!! IS IT MEā– ā– ?