Dear VOSA

Is it true that VOSA and Beverley Bell look at this website?
If it is true then let us know who you are.
If Beverley Bell does look at this, Then answer me the following question?
Are you interested in the welfare of drivers?
If you are why don’t you get of your arse and prove it?

Geebee45 makes no secret of the fact that he works for the VOSA. In my opinion it’s nice to have someone that you can informally and annonymously ask for advice and guidence.

:laughing:

Limestone Cowboy:
Geebee45 makes no secret of the fact that he works for the VOSA. In my opinion it’s nice to have someone that you can informally and annonymously ask for advice and guidence.

If geebee45 was a good lad he would inform us of where and when the next wave of stop checks will be. He could also tell us what areas they have been told to concentrate on. :wink:
Be nice to know what he thinks of [zb] though.

Personal attack removed.L.

limeyphil:
Then answer me the following question?
Are you interested in the welfare of drivers?
If you are why don’t you get of your arse and prove it?

In what way limeyphil :question: :question:

I think VOSA do look after drivers needs,
if it wasnt for them,
I would find it hard to convince the boss that i need my 45min break,
and i cant do him a favour because i,ve run out of hours.

VOSA help me eventually ,get to see my wife and son and not be married to my wagon. :laughing:

Vosa can do a good job when you don’t get a jobsworth ■■■■■■ inspecting you.

But [zb] couldn’t give a toss.
If she did then…
We wouldn’t have to hand keys in.
Sit in waiting rooms for hours on end.
We’d get free food after a reasonable time.
Be able to use toilets.
etc, etc, etc.

If she was bothered about driver welfare then there would be groundrules.

Personal attack removed. L.

I must be a bit thick cos I don’t follow :confused: :confused: :confused:

Are you talking about VOSA test stations :question:
My experience and observations of them (plenty of that whilst waiting for trainees on test) is that they have very little waiting time, seem to be efficient and there are free use of the public facitities.

No ROG.

RDC’s.etc
If she wanted to she could order a minimum standard for visiting drivers.
I know that there is the HSE. But they’re as much use as a chocolate kettle.

limeyphil:
Vosa can do a good job when you don’t get a jobsworth ■■■■■■ inspecting you.

But [zb] couldn’t give a toss.
If she did then…
We wouldn’t have to hand keys in.
Sit in waiting rooms for hours on end.
We’d get free food after a reasonable time.
Be able to use toilets.
etc, etc, etc.

If she was bothered about driver welfare then there would be groundrules.

So Phil, please do explain why it is Beverley Bell who is responsible for ensuring you get a free meal after a certain period?

Why is it Beverley Bell in your opinion that makes you hand your keys in?

Why is it Beverley Bell that is responsible for making you sit it waiting rooms for hours on end?

Phil I’m going to say what a LOT of drivers are thinking, and suffer the consequences, you are a total idiot who obviously has no idea about the transport industry other than what you think you know.

I’ve never heard so much ■■■■■■■■ from one driver in 7 yrs of Trucknet as what I’ve heard from you in the past few weeks.

VOSA are responsible for ensuring vehicles are roadworthy, Beverley Bell is responsible for making sure that companies under her jurisdiction comply with the regulations, is that a bad thing? Not in my books it’s not, She may have a reputation for wielding a stick to hit a moth but at the end of the day, if she is successfully getting unroadworthy vehicles or cowboys off the road then she deserves a pat on the back.

As for your comment about knowing where the truck inspections are going to be held in advance? Why the hell would you be bothered if your running legal?

If you actually contact the Transport Minister he will tell you that it is planned to open the weighbridges and inspection sites 24 hrs a day from 2009 once new legislations have been implemented to allow fast track prosecutions for none UK drivers who break the law, in fact there is one site on the M6 and another in Wales that already operate on a 24 hr basis

It’s funded from the additional 24 million pounds the government has invested in Vosa.

The CPC for Truck Drivers comes into effect in 2009 (2008 for Bus & Coach Drivers) Maybe they should include a section specifically for drivers who insist on talking ■■■■■■■■ ?

Regardless of who the Vosa Regional Commissioner is, show them respect and you get it in return, spout off a load of crap and name calling and you can guarantee they will come down on you with the hardest penalty they can.

If you have so much ill feeling towards Beverley why not write to her directly giving your full name and address instead of hiding behind a keyboard■■?

Well Davey driver,

If Beverley bell acted responsibley then she would look at the problems that affect drivers. Instead of reading a law book and doing sod all about recuring problems.
It must just be sane drivers who hand keys in, sit in waiting rooms, park in laybys with traffic zooming past all night.
It’s idiots like me who push on a little bit to find a decent place to park then sign the tacho with a reason. It’s idiots like me who say no to handing keys in. It’s idiots like me who won’t be forced to sit in waiting rooms for hours on end.
If she did her job properly there would be a set of rules for rdc’s. There would be ample free parking throughout her traffic area. Drivers would be not be refused toilets, or access to canteens.
But i’m an idiot for wanting better standards for drivers.
If you don’t want better conditions then carry on and do sod all, You and her would make a good couple.

Davey Driver:
I’ve never heard so much [zb] from one driver in 7 yrs of Trucknet as what I’ve heard from you in the past few weeks.

Does that mean I’ve been demoted then Davey?? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

limeyphil:
Well Davey driver,

If Beverley bell acted responsibley then she would look at the problems that affect drivers. Instead of reading a law book and doing sod all about recuring problems.
It must just be sane drivers who hand keys in, sit in waiting rooms, park in laybys with traffic zooming past all night.
It’s idiots like me who push on a little bit to find a decent place to park then sign the tacho with a reason. It’s idiots like me who say no to handing keys in. It’s idiots like me who won’t be forced to sit in waiting rooms for hours on end.
If she did her job properly there would be a set of rules for rdc’s. There would be ample free parking throughout her traffic area. Drivers would be not be refused toilets, or access to canteens.
If you don’t want better conditions then carry on and do sod all, You and her would make a good couple.

No you’re not an idiot for wanting better standards for drivers.

What you are guilty of however is your misdirection of where to lay the blame. As Davey has quite rightly said Beverley Bell is responsible for Drivers and operators abiding to the law so that the public are safe to go about their everyday business without worrying that a tired driver has fell asleep at the wheel by doing excess hours, or that a vehicle runs into a bus stop full of kids because the operator hasn’t maintained a suitable standard of maintenance.

The RDC’s that you mention have absolutely nothing to do with VOSA or Traffic Commissioners. These are private companies who answer to shareholders. The haulage industry as a united group are the only ones who can sort this out by giving back to the RDC’s as much crap as is dished out to them.

Go to the VOSA website and look under the heading " applications and decisions" If you look at the northwest area you will see that Mrs Bells area has more tribunals per month, every month than any other area. The bit that gets me is she takes should look at maintenance contractors who take money to keep your vehicles up to standard but dont do it properly.

I agree Davey Driver, and i’m sure that if limeyphil continues to at best ‘get hold of the wrong end of the stick’, he will i’m sure find himself with a lawsuit for libel on his doorstep.

This is a public forum and as such I believe we have to be responsible with our posts, and ensure that anything we say about a person or company is true and verifyable, or otherwise make it clear that it is alledgedly so!

limeyphil:

Why on earth do you think that is the job of Beverley Bell or indeed anyone else at VOSA? Their job is to ensure that vehicles are roadworthy and that you’re complying with the law. They have nothing whatsoever to do with standards at RDCs or parking or anything else that you seem to think they do.

Paul

willie_mac:
Go to the VOSA website and look under the heading " applications and decisions" If you look at the northwest area you will see that Mrs Bells area has more tribunals per month, every month than any other area. The bit that gets me is she takes should look at maintenance contractors who take money to keep your vehicles up to standard but don’t do it properly.

Well, unless the law has changed during the last couple of years, I think you’ll find that maintenance contractors are outside the jurisdiction of both the VOSA and the Traffic Commissioners.

VOSA ==The Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA) provides a range of licensing, testing and enforcement services with the aim of improving the roadworthiness standards of vehicles ensuring the compliance of operators and drivers, and supporting the independent Traffic Commissioners.

Just had a look at the VOSA website to find out what time Morrisons at Wakefield close the canteen,got a 5pm slot want to make sure i get my free meal :smiley:

limeyphil:

No Phil you an idiot for trying to make out that Vosa are responsible for things that they are not, your an idiot for half the pea brained posts you make such as selling a stolen trailer to recover money that was owed to you or was it your brother even you could not get the facts right.

Until you sit back and read half the idiotic posts you have made you’ll never accept just how idiotic you make yourself look, then you start criticising a woman who is obviously doing her job well if she holds more public inquiries than any other traffic area, does that make her a bad person? I dont think so.

I applaud the Beverley Bells of this industry who are hell bent on tightening the ropes on cowboy operators, or operators who cut corners risking the DRIVER’S Livlihood if not his Life.

If your not happy about waiting times at RDC’s do something about it, like blocking their main entrance with a stolen trailer, or demand to see the manager and ask him to intervene etc etc

What good is it shouting the odds at a Scania fitter because your truck broke down, it’s the same thing, just because he fixes problems on the truck doesn’t mean he built the bloody thing and caused the fault.

If the Transport Industry is so bad for you, then there’s a simple solution, change carreers, I’m sure if you went shouting the odds to Beverley Bells Face like you did in your first posting in this thread, she would soon help you out.

try engageing the little bit of brain you may have
before putting idiotic remarks, try talking to
the HSE about your points,also try writeing
a letter to the head of where ever you are
upset with in a recored delivery letter plus,
try writeing a letter to your MP or the transport
minister, this may help you if not change your job
to one where you do not visit such establishments,
try waiting to cross a border for 7 days, you have no
facilities at all and belive me it is still happening
do these people rant and rave, I do not think so,