Dear diary...now passed Class C

It is a nice motor, I really like it but I suppose everyone feels like that about the vehicle they train in lol.

good day again today by sounds of it well done and u will be seeing those banners no probs :smiley: jx

Day 3

I got there at half 11 and handed the keys told to go and do my checks and get her warmed up. Today I got to drive right from the off first stop was to diesel up which was interesting thanks to nupmty car drivers using the cash machine. Then we headed towards Coleshill and on to Tamworth. I was driving round two industrial estates cant remember the names of them now though practising turns, hill starts and roundabouts. We went round them a few times until I arm started to ache from going up and down the box. We stopped for a sandwich and a ■■■ and was having a chat about how I was getting on and Kev seamed happy enough so I think I am doing okay. We went around the estates a couple more times then went towards Brownhills along the A5 before coming off to head towards Kingsbury, through Coleshill and Chelmsley Wood and back to the yard. I felt my drive was really good on the way back to the yard only went into low range twice the whole way back which was a mixture between forward planning and luck at junctions as they seamed pretty quiet. All in all a good day.

Day 4

Not the best day today made a few mistakes, was a bit harsh on the clutch and pulled out on a van at a roundabout, not really badly didnt make him slam his brakes on or anything just made him slow down. After we pulled over for a ■■■ though things picked up and I drove okay. Had some tighter turns today which I managed okay with still enjoyed it and cant wait till tomorrow.

If you read the diaries on here everyone has bad days keep ya pecker up i had loads of bad days but just remember that 1 hrs drive is what you need to do well and you will !!! jx

Day 5

Went well today, was reading the road a lot better at islands just need to improve my clutch control which is annoying because I never had a problem with it until today and yesterday need to practice hill starts, but on a good note I got it round a turn that was tighter than a German nuns ■■■■■■ and no kerbs clipped today. I drove around Washwood Heath, then Erdington, Aston, Sutton Coldfield back through Erdington, Through Coleshill along the A45 through Yardley and Stechford then back into the yard. Overall it was a good day and much better than the lad that had his test before I started as he didnt manage to get out of the test centre as he hit the barrier on his reverse, well not just hit it ran over it :unamused:

Ask your instuctor if you can do a clockwise drive for about 2 hours around the A4040 :bulb:
I think that road may be very close to where the company is based ■■?

Yeah it is not far from where they are based why do you suggest that ROG.

Big Brummie Macca:
Yeah it is not far from where they are based why do you suggest that ROG.

That circular route has just about everything on it you could want (or not as the case may be)

Anticlockwise aint bad either but clockwise is ‘more fun’

I will ask him and see what he says then, it is really annoying because it has only been the last couple of days and it is not all the time either so I know I can do it just going to try harder on it tomorrow, going in early so I can go round to the test centre to watch another lad do his cpc mod 4 bit off a heads up so I sort of know what to expect.

Day 6

Went okay today clutch control and hill starts were a lot better and my approach speed to juctions and roundabouts is a lot better, still got to read the road better but didnt cause anyone to slow down or anything today. Just forgetting to check my blind spot and left mirror when turning right to look for the swing at the rear which is annoying because I improve one thing then I forget something else. Only got 4 more days till my test so really got to start nailing things now. For anyone that has experiance of the Garrets Green test centre they will of done the right turn at Solihull by the ice rink into Ulleries Road its a real tight one and if you get it wrong you either take the bollard out or go up the kerb with the front wheels I got it right straight away though so was happy and think I have got grip on road positioning etc. Just need to tidy the small things up like mirror checks.

Day 7

Went really, really well today I felt comfortable driving it didnt miss a blind spot or mirror check at all, clutch control was good on all the hill starts and normal pulling away, road positioning was good and reading the road was good aswell. Its weird how I have had three bad days and was really beginning to think I am never going to get this then bag it all comes together nicely. Kev said it was a massive improvement from the last couple of days. We had to pick the gaffer up because he dropped the artic over to the garage as it has its MOT next week and he was really impressed with my drive back actually said he enjoyed it and felt relaxed both him and Kev both said they see no reason why I shouldnt pass, it was a big confidence boost after the past couple of days but dont want to get ahead of myself and be over confident. We went all over today through Washwood Heath, Bromford, Erdington then to Aston to pick up Pete. Then back towards the yard feuling up on the way to drop Pete off. The headed into Chelmsley Wood, towards Leaminton into Solihull to do Ulleries Road turn again but this time the opposite way then back into the yard via Greggs for Kevs dinner. I am so happy today felt really good.

Day 8

Began really well drove it round confidently then had to go back in for a lad to take his test. He drove round for abit to get used to the truck as he had been training in the other one, they are both the same truck just the clutch is better on the one I have been driving. He went in for his test and passed so well done to him. Then I drove it back to drop him off and carried on the rest of my lesson which went okay apart from my making two stupid mistakes but I knew I had done it as it happened. Got my test on Tuesday and am looking forward to it but at the same time getting a little nervous but still got Monday and a an hour before my test so we will see how it goes.

Day 9

Well this was my last day training tomorrow is the big day, there’s a little nerves but mostly I am excited. Today went well again today and I am happy that I am confident enough and can drive it well enough to get those magic words tomorrow but we will see.

We drove over to Gravelly Hill ind est to run an er-on then to a post office which was interesting to park the bloody thing up. Then drove around through Washowood Heath, Duddeston, Small Heath, Sheldon, Garretts Green popped in to have a ■■■ and a coffee at the snack bar outside the test centre then back driving around Shard End then headed back into the yard.

I got my test at 8 in the morning got to be a the yard for 7, want to do a couple of reverses and controlled stop then have a little drive around for 15 mins then go and grab a coffee from the snack bar before I go into start the test. Cant wait till tomorrow early night tonight me thinks.

Good luck tomorrow.

Big Brummie Macca:
tomorrow is the big day

And a very nice day it is going to be according to the weather forecast - good job you got the 8am test as it looks like it might get a bit hot later

Upside - you’ll be able to celebrate in the beer garden and get a sun tan as a bonus

Thank you for the good luck wishes.

knock em dead fella :smiley:

Good luck mate will be willing you on from 8am tomorrow relax but not too much few nerves are good will keep u concentrating just visulise that instructer telling you im glad to say u have passed :smiley: :smiley: all the best jx

If he doesnt I might take Garnerlives advise :wink: