Deactivate Button

Where the deactivate account button

Grumpy Dad:

only admins have access on phpBB

Grumpy Dad:

Formal request to admin demanding deletion of all data held on you under GDPR.

Grumpy Dad:

I hope this isn’t a decision based on recent forum activity?

You can deactivate any website by simply not visiting it?

Norfolkinclue1:

Grumpy Dad:

Its made me make up my mind yes

toonsy:
You can deactivate any website by simply not visiting it?

No that’s just not using it, I’m after it deactivating

Grumpy Dad:

Norfolkinclue1:

Grumpy Dad:

Its made me make up my mind yes

Sad to hear that.
Having read Newmercman endorsing forum baiting and threatening to punish those who bite over in the “cab cooking” topic I can’t deny I might do the same.
The reappearance of that pathetic dreadful lying troll was almost enough, but what’s gone on in recent days is not what I expected after the vocalising from the mods about cleaning this place up last time, guess they must have brushed a spine under the carpet in the cleanup.
I can only hope that the mods have weighed up the potential lack of content from regulars against page hits of troll baiting in the business plan?
Queue the verbatim statement about rules, but with no mention of changing them or indeed having the whits to interpret them for the good of the forum… :unamused:
Sorry to hear you feel you have to go fella…

GD why not just ignore the daft prat an scroll on past ■■? …

raymundo:
GD why not just ignore the daft prat an scroll on past ■■? …

+1 Treat the posts with the contempt they deserve and ignore them.

Can understand where GD is coming from, i’ve left two forums before for slightly similar reasons, when people annoy you enough it gets to the point where you think to yourself, ‘‘do i actually need to put up with this crap?’’
You can put people on ignore of course, which wasn’t possible on the forums i left.

Deactivating your account won’t cause your posts to be deleted. The easiest thing is just not log on again and in a very short time you will have been forgotten.

Who’s the troll then? I must be honest I’ll only read a thread if the title grabs me. There’s a few resident nut jobs, a couple of holier than thou types, and the resident Brexit baiters, but I must’ve missed the obvious trolls :blush:

What have I missed? …I’m pleased it does not involve me for once. :laughing: : :laughing:

I come on here because I quite enjoy it and it puts in the time if I’ve nothing to do, provides entertainment (when I aint in the pub :smiley: ),and you get a bit of banter off like minded drivers

I’ve made a few mates on here whom I have met, and a few ‘‘enemies’’ :blush: :smiley: , …the latter who just take all this far too seriously and confuse it with real life, then over react if you take an opposite view to them which is a bit pathetic :unamused: .
But me being me :blush: , I don’t ignore it which seems to wind them up even more, :laughing:
Quite sad and pathetic really, I’ve actually been threatened and abused by one or two :unamused: …, and been sent pm.s which I can not be arsed to even open and read, …

I just find it amusing how anybody could be stupid enough, not only to actually pick a fight on a forum :open_mouth: , but to pick a fight with somebody you know nothing about.
I could be a martial arts expert, ex SAS or both for all they know…I’m neither of those btw. :laughing: :unamused:

As for the alleged trolls, I never give them a second thought, I either ignore them, wind them up, or just humour them sometimes. :smiley:

If I ever felt the need to leave the forum for any of the above reasons, it would mean that now I am taking it too seriously :unamused: , but I would just ■■■■ off quietly into the virtual sunset :smiley:
I certainly would not make some kind of announcement, and I certainly would not do what others have done before, ie, do a diva farewell speech, and mince off like a big girl. :unamused: …we’re supposed to be macho truckers ffs.

What I would say to G.Dad, is if you DO feel the need to go from the forum (which would be a pity as he is one of the more intelligent posters with a lot of contribution in terms of content) well just leave quietly with dignity…as I would. :bulb:

robroy:
What I would say to G.Dad, is if you DO feel the need to go from the forum (which would be a pity as he is one of the more intelligent posters with a lot of contribution in terms of content) well just leave quietly with dignity…as I would. :bulb:

It always surprises me that online chat, which always seems to be pretty civil here anyway, can produce bigger prima donnas than when Elton John doesn’t get his delivery of flowers on time. :laughing:

Harry Monk:
Deactivating your account won’t cause your posts to be deleted.

A GDPR take down request will though because if they don’t then the forum owners are in breach of the GDPR and subject to penalties from ICO.

I’m with those that say put the prats on your ignore list. I’ve got one on mine and just don’t see what he/she writes. Most people are OK, but there’s always going to be tossers wherever you go. You can’t go walking away just because of them. Stick around mate.

I missed all the crap that caused it, but why haven’t admin’ sorted it out by banning the offender?

I’m no technophobe but I just couldn’t work out what GDPR meantN

Then I got it , it’s code for:-

GRUMPY DAD PLEASE REMAIN :wink: :wink:

peterm:
I’m with those that say put the prats on your ignore list. I’ve got one on mine and just don’t see what he/she writes. Most people are OK, but there’s always going to be tossers wherever you go. You can’t go walking away just because of them. Stick around mate.

I missed all the crap that caused it, but why haven’t admin’ sorted it out by banning the offender?

Personally speaking I’ve not a clue what has happened. We dont read all posts. We read the posts of those that are on pre-mod and if a report is activated, and by we I mean whoever next turns up, not all of us. So unless a report has been made, no idea what has upset you.

Personally I go for the ignore people I dont like option .

Here we go again, more playground antic’s,.