De Rooy

Have they changed their colors,seen blue motors with tractors out of basildon on the back,did not get the name as I was posting this,all new motors,or has De Rooy lost contract

Yeah, it’s so they can slip by Carlisle and Beattock un-noticed :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Drempels:
Yeah, it’s so they can slip by Carlisle and Beattock un-noticed :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

And Portsmouth while his mate is in piggy back cab having a 11hour :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

They’ve got allocated spaces at Beattock :laughing:

I try and tuck in behind them when there’s one about I’m near a DVSA hotspot. Not because I’ve got anything to worry about but percentage wise they’ll get the pull so I’ll not get held up lol

I honestly don’t get how they manage to pay off the fines they must get and still operate. It’s not like they are getting a slap on the wrist when you see them wired up for a weekend stay at DVSA’s pleasure

Thought the blue trucks were on Daf contracts

fridger:
I honestly don’t get how they manage to pay off the fines they must get and still operate. It’s not like they are getting a slap on the wrist when you see them wired up for a weekend stay at DVSA’s pleasure

Personally, I think it’s shocking that the biggest player in the UK truck market uses a company like this (basically undermining legit hauliers with ‘questionable’ practices). IIRC Beverly Bell gave them a UK O licence so she’d have a stick to beat them with…do they still have it?

GasGas:

fridger:

. IIRC Beverly Bell gave them a UK O licence so she’d have a stick to beat them with…do they still have it?

Don’t think so, most doing the Leyland run are Polish units. A Dutch transport union did a piece on them a few months ago. They called at the address in Poland where the company “operate” from, no more than a virtual office.

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

A De Rooy lorry was being held prisoner at todhills on Thursday it was loaded and there were 2 new Dafs chassis next to it ,not sure how that works .

The trucks doing the DAF cabs for the old Leyland plant in the UK, from the Renault factory near Caen seem to be all NL reg. There was one English driver on there, but most if not all, are Polish drivers.

Punchy Dan:
A De Rooy lorry was being held prisoner at todhills on Thursday it was loaded and there were 2 new Dafs chassis next to it ,not sure how that works .

I seen that too. It was there from Tuesday till Friday!!! I noticed the chassis next to it were on the ground. No sign of the trailer they were on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used to be good ol boys doing the cabs from caen, 2 trips a week, then the polish reg trucks arrived and [emoji111][emoji111]

A regular sight was them in rownhams sorting out the piggy backing, or the vostapo were out with the tape measure…

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Many moons ago when I went to Eindhoven they had them in blue for the likes of inhouse deliveries ie between Eindhoven and westerloo ,The orange did vehicle deliveries …May just be have a colour change for whatever reason

The thing that baffles me, even if your no bothered by the constant DVSA attention, and what ever is the score is with the piggy backing they do, is the crap cabs they live in, funny little day cabs with sleeper pods on. Must be a nightmare to live in, and to be honest there’s plenty of decent plant on EE plates now. If your going to be run across Europe and paid poorly you might as well do it out of a top line or super space!

fridger:
The thing that baffles me, even if your no bothered by the constant DVSA attention, and what ever is the score is with the piggy backing they do, is the crap cabs they live in, funny little day cabs with sleeper pods on. Must be a nightmare to live in, and to be honest there’s plenty of decent plant on EE plates now. If your going to be run across Europe and paid poorly you might as well do it out of a top line or super space!

I think that’s more to do with the truck configuration, there isn’t room for a fancy big cab. Some of the normal sleeper cabs have sections shaved off to allow for maximum capacity or load.

Tbf those sleeper pods often have more room than a sleeper cab. Not vertically obviously but in terms of floor space.

toonsy:
Tbf those sleeper pods often have more room than a sleeper cab. Not vertically obviously but in terms of floor space.

You’ve not done nights out in a pod, have you? :grimacing: :sunglasses:

Think you will find the blue wagons coming out of basildon tractor plant are William stobart . They also use mouland and Westbrook

the nodding donkey:

toonsy:

You’ve not done nights out in a pod, have you? :grimacing: :sunglasses:

I have and there is plenty of room upstairs, you sleep better too because there are no windows letting light in during the day.

fridger:

Weight saving ! 3 units SSC about 24,000 kg