DCPC fines.

Hi, I was just wondering, has any body been fined for non possession of a DCPC or know of anyone? If so how much was the fine?

Never been asked for it been pulled 4 times in the last year am assuming that they just check online while they are downloading the card

1 guy at ours got done the day after we went back from Xmas 2 years ago got hit with £60

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

There are two different laws which if broken can incur penalties

1 not doing the relevant training = big fine

2 not carrying DQC = small fine

Make a freedom of information request.

whatdotheyknow.com/

Rog, you make a valid point. I’m interested in the penalties for just not doing the training and therefore not obviously having the card.
OK, I’ll come clean. My retirement date means I’ll need to renew mine for the sake of a few months. So I was considering chancing it when the time comes.
I just wanted to weigh up the pros and cons.

gov.uk/government/news/driv … ne-reached

Rog, I think this is the important bit.

Enforcing Driver CPC

Driving without a DQC, or failing to produce it, carries a maximum fine of £1,000 for both the driver and the operator licence holder.

These offences will be referred to the Traffic Commissioner who will then consider what action to take. This could include suspending the driver’s licence and/or the operator’s licence.

Yeh, £1000 maximum. Just wondered what the reality was.

There’s one in this week’s CM, driver was fined £200, operator was fined £300 and had O licence curtailed from three to two vehicles for 16 days.

cheekymonkey:
Yeh, £1000 maximum. Just wondered what the reality was.

£1000 for not having done the training but fixed penalty for having done it but not being able to produce the DQC - not sure if its £60 or £100 now :question:

Have fun finding it = gov.uk/government/uploads/s … policy.pdf

still love how they continually refer to the money making scheme as training, its only training if it has any benefit and you learn something - the ability to do a course 5 times and pass makes the whole thing a joke.

war1974:
still love how they continually refer to the money making scheme as training, its only training if it has any benefit and you learn something - the ability to do a course 5 times and pass makes the whole thing a joke.

The choice of course is totally up to you (or your employers). If you/they choose to waste your time that’s a personal (or commercial) decision for you/them to make.

I’ve been pulled in for routine checks 3 times since I’ve had mine. Was asked once if I was carrying it (I was) but the other two times it was never mentioned.

Born Idle:
I’ve been pulled in for routine checks 3 times since I’ve had mine. Was asked once if I was carrying it (I was) but the other two times it was never mentioned.

I never get stopped by the VOSA, I’ve got a couple of CDs in the windscreen and it makes me invisible. :wink:

Harry Monk:
There’s one in this week’s CM, driver was fined £200, operator was fined £300 and had O licence curtailed from three to two vehicles for 16 days.

Thanks H. Thats what I was getting at.
I will only have about 10 months to go to retirement when my current one expires. So I think a £200-£300 fine (if caught)! is good value when compared to the cost of the 5 day course plus 5 days lost earnings and just the sheer satisfaction of not doing it.
Ive never been asked to show it by the authorities, or indeed many hauliers, only the big ones like DH bleedin L and Im more than happy not to work for them anyway. I was kinda hoping that wed be out of the EU by then and the whole thing would be scrapped but I know things won`t happen that quickly.

I might feel a bit guilty towards a company who might be affected/fined I suppose, but anyway I`ve got a while to decide.

I know how you feel, I think the DCPC is a complete waste of time- just a tax on my job.

But, as an operator myself, I just couldn’t and wouldn’t employ a driver who didn’t have a valid DCPC card, as the penalties for me would be so severe- it’s the 16 day curtailment which is the problem, rather than the fine, especially if I would have to park the driver’s truck up for a fortnight when it has standing costs of £500+ a week. Plus of course the VOSA would give the vehicle a pull every week for the next two years.

However, like I say, I know where you are coming from. :stuck_out_tongue:

Fail to produce DCPC card = £50 Fixed penalty Notice.

Not completed DCPC = £300 Fixed Penalty Notice.

28 Days to pay.

Sent from the dark side of a Tachograph!!!

Traffic Rat:

28 Days to pay.

Ah, our friend the pretend traffic police officer troll is here, we haven’t seen him for a while!

Harry Monk:

Traffic Rat:

28 Days to pay.

Ah, our friend the pretend traffic police officer troll is here, we haven’t seen him for a while!

Harry, Please explain how you think I am either a pretend traffic officer or a troll ■■?