Dcpc £100 all in

I have noticed that A Mr B tozer is offering his members the whole dcpc at £100. inc upload fees and a little more for non members. how can he do it for that price. i might be tempted to have some of that.

mavrick:
I have noticed that A Mr B tozer is offering his members the whole dcpc at £100. inc upload fees and a little more for non members. how can he do it for that price. i might be tempted to have some of that.

Probably by marching a lot. :wink:

If you can’t beat 'em, join 'em?

Seriously though, good for him. If it becomes well known that a full DCPC can be done for £100 other trainers will have to match the price.

In other words, Drivers will only be paying for their, much needed, training and not lining other peoples pockets.

Why didn’t he think of this in the first place?
W

mavrick:

If he can do it for £100 for members why can’t he for everyone else, or is that just profiteering like the rest of the providers? Obviously the figure quoted must be atleast a breakeven figure.

I dont know how he is doing it but if he can deliver at that price then good for him.

Henrys cat:

mavrick:

If he can do it for £100 for members why can’t he for everyone else, or is that just profiteering like the rest of the providers? Obviously the figure quoted must be atleast a breakeven figure.

Why does it matter? It’s still only around £100.00 for the 35 hours!
No support for demo! So next best thing it sounds to me! Thumbs up to Bazman! :grimacing:

dessy:

Henrys cat:

mavrick:

Why does it matter? It’s still only around £100.00 for the 35 hours!
No support for demo! So next best thing it sounds to me! Thumbs up to Bazman! :grimacing:

Dessy, I think its a good price, and hopefully I won’t need to take anyone up on it as I’m hopeing to be out of it for good. Just smacks of double standards to me, after the past weeks of the whole against it, and they’ll hang their keys up before doing it, now this!!!

tozers world the land of many face :confused: words fail me

It’s certainly a better idea than traipsing down to London to protest about training that might make us better drivers…

Sorry Sarge

mavrick:

Scargill, anyone ■■? :unamused: :unamused:

billybigrig:

mavrick:

Scargill, anyone ■■? :unamused: :unamused:

:laughing:

well done bazza… im sure they will be a few off here happy to pay for it, but wont say on here as its not the cool thing to do… oh well :unamused:

I am totally against the DCPC in its current form, however, if i can not get it changed, and I need to have one in order to work, then the less i can spend on it, the better. I suspect that there is very little profit margin on £100, could it be that actually, someone is willing to help out other drivers?
whatever, I will be keeping an eye on it. you all know the old saying:-
If you can’t beat them join them, and show them up for what they are, robbing ■■■■■■■■■

I wonder how this will affect Pat Nicholson’s new DCPC business? :stuck_out_tongue:

When you read how the government are giving money to the employers to fund training for them so that it doesn’t come from the profit margins, but won’t give an individual driver any help with this farce, then £100 is a bargain. £3.25 million could pay for 320,000 driver DCPC’s
http://www.roadtransport.com/Articles/2011/07/05/139187/National-logistics-skills-academy-gets-1633.25m-of-government.htm

Henrys cat:

mavrick:

How can he be profeteering if he is charging a break even price■■?
I have read his post and he is against the dcpc in its current form, although he recognizes that some drivers need this crap just to keep a job. i cant see the conflict as such he is takeing care of all his members by the looks of things. i noticed the usual characters out to make comment without reading the whole story.

Well i for 1 would sooner pay nothing, but £100 is certainly better than paying more ain’t it,? even be better if the driver don’t have to attend, were do i send payment details to?

truckerjon:
When you read how the government are giving money to the employers to fund training for them so that it doesn’t come from the profit margins, but won’t give an individual driver any help with this farce, then £100 is a bargain. £3.25 million could pay for 320,000 driver DCPC’s
http://www.roadtransport.com/Articles/2011/07/05/139187/National-logistics-skills-academy-gets-1633.25m-of-government.htm

Have you read that link properly or just taken at face value, along with the c and p’d statistic, the propaganda value of it :unamused:

Roadtransport":
It means the academy is on course to formally launch in October 2011 with 1additional match-funding from employers, and will be fully operational by autumn 2012.

2A key objective of the orgainsation through its licensed partners programme will be to boost the standard of training provision available to logistics employers as the industry heads towards the Driver CPC deadline in 2014, helping weed out cowboy providers.

1The employers are clearly not being “given” money but are in fact expected to match the initial government commitment.

2If that weeds out training clowns who shouldn’t be doing the job and know sweet Fanny Adams, then that seems good to me :unamused:

Only time will tell if this is worthwhile but it seems to be not what “some” are painting it to be. :unamused:

Rob K:
I wonder how this will affect Pat Nicholson’s new DCPC business? :stuck_out_tongue:

Regardless of any past quarrel with Pat, I do feel for her and many others on this. She, physically unable to drive full time, has chosen not to sit on the benefit train. Instead she has chosen to invest in herself and continue providing to her beloved industry by offering the compulsory training from someone who genuinely knows her stuff , having previously been there and done it. Yet wait … on the horizon comes someone offering to do what pays her bills at “non profit”/slim rates. Pat will be far from alone in this predicament. Many drivers with many years experience have done the same thing. They have mortgages to pay, kids to feed etc.

Pat were I to need DCPC provision rest assured I would choose someone like you over something like this because knowing full well from many years in the business several things.

1, You get what you pay for
2, Always look after your own
3, Undercutting is backstabbing, regardless of motivations and the very thing that screws this industry. (although apparently this doesn’t count in some folks eyes)

There is a very good opportunity here to discuss this… and that is on the forums run by those who feel they can offer the complete DCPC at that price, only there will you get the answers to your questions.

Whether or not it is feasible at that price I dont know, I suspect that without economy of scale even on a non profit basis the turn over of drivers is going to have to be very high but on truckersworld.co.uk they might have a different answer, so go there and ask/argue.

“Meh” :wink: