Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Lance Biscomb:
Hope young Bob Brewer is helping out with new sheds :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Bob won’t be getting his jiggering flippin hands dirty. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing:

Morning all, wrighty what height are you running at with that John Deere harvester on looks pretty high compared to you tractor unit. :sunglasses:

gerbil sb152:
Morning all, wrighty what height are you running at with that John Deere harvester on looks pretty high compared to you tractor unit. :sunglasses:

Afternoon Gerbil sb152

We are running about 16’ high which is alright on motorways, but you have to be careful when on A roads and smaller. That one was going to a farm near Langwathby but I rang the customer and he came and met me just outside Penrith, I’d hate to think of the repair costs if I pulled the roof off… :blush: :open_mouth:

Cheers Wrighty.

wrighty:

Lance Biscomb:
Hope young Bob Brewer is helping out with new sheds :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Bob won’t be getting his jiggering flippin hands dirty. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing:

Your blockie right there :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Wrighty your cattle look well indoors, how many cows & heifers do you run for breeding ? having sent 19 to market just leaves me with 20 steers mostly pure Charolais with a few CH/X had 6 in the barn since TB test as in picture below but this afternoon got the other 14 up from grazing so all in barn now especially as we look like getting a lot of rain and as you say they only mess up the fields. The ones I sold did not fair too well in market but at least we are not feeding them anymore and this year has been difficult with the drought, cheers Buzzer

IMG_0901.JPG

Buzzer:
Wrighty your cattle look well indoors, how many cows & heifers do you run for breeding ? having sent 19 to market just leaves me with 20 steers mostly pure Charolais with a few CH/X had 6 in the barn since TB test as in picture below but this afternoon got the other 14 up from grazing so all in barn now especially as we look like getting a lot of rain and as you say they only mess up the fields. The ones I sold did not fair too well in market but at least we are not feeding them anymore and this year has been difficult with the drought, cheers Buzzer

Evening John

We are currently calving about 75 with between 8 and 10 heifers coming in each year, the better breeders stay in the herd longer, at the moment our oldest cow Viv is 18yrs old and she has bred very well. a lot of our cows go back to Viv but this year we took the decision to retire her and this will be her last calf that she is sucking at the moment.
As with the last lot you sold we are also expecting prices to be the same as last year or even down a bit, which isn’t too good as our costs have at least doubled if not trebled in the last year. The future is looking very uncertain at the moment so we will see what happens, it isn’t helping that at the moment we seem to be governed by a bunch of complete novices, how they can go from a historic victory in 2019 to what will be a likely defeat in the next general election is beyond me… bloody infuriating but hey-ho not a lot us mere mortals can do about it.

Cheers Wrighty.

Buzzer

Buzzer

Saw one of yours this morning Buzzer A1 southbound near Wyboston. I was heading north so couldn’t see the number.

Buzzer

John
Ive noticed that Andrew’s Scnaia doesn’t have the lovely & pretty Angles Mort
stickers on cab, any reason or is he just a rebel??
jeremy

Badger:
John
jeremy

i think like many other drivers uses magnetic ones and only puts them on when he is on european mainland

Badger:
John
jeremy

Probably not a rebel as the frogs will be relieving him of a good few euros, some are magnetic so just put them on when you cross the water and remove on return, that’s what we do, the motor looks better without all that rubbish stuck on

Buzzer

For those who used to do the job come pictures of the route, Gazzer on his way home after statuary weekly break from Asti area to Champagne country 813kms in a shift, Buzzer

Buzzer:
For those who used to do the job come pictures of the route, Gazzer on his way home after statuary weekly break from Asti area to Champagne country 813kms in a shift, Buzzer

Big time GEL on 81.3 km/h on a 10 hope your paying him well pushing that hard

Evening Buzzer

Well another busy four days at home, selling tups on Thursday with our top price being £1600 a bit disappointing but generally trade was a bit down with only the best making top money.
Friday and Saturday was spent getting the rest of the cows and calves housed, and it spent most of the time raining so they were glad to be in. And today was spent changing the tups as we are about finished tupping so they are now out “chasing up” anything that breaks. After that we chopped some firewood and finished off wi a nice roast dinner.
Back on the road tomorrow tipping a tractor then loading panels for West ■■■■■■■ then who knows.

813kms in a shift is not that hard is it…? Sat all day on cruise control hardest thing is changing stations ont radio… :open_mouth: :smiley:

Cheers Wrighty.

IMG_4467.JPG

IMG_4480.JPG

IMG_4492.JPG

Should those orange plates be on the truck?
Or was that pic taken on way down and not on way back?

Franglais:

We do quite a lot of Haz loads so if it was up and showing it had haz onboard, you dont want to attract unwanted attention either way just causes hassle, Buzzer

Franglais:

The truck with the ADR board up is Andrew, heading south last week to Spain. Gazzer is in R44 GEL :smiley: :smiley: