Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Buzzer, Your mate Croft was down my way this week but too far away to get a pic. :wink:

croft vol.PNG

Hi Dean that Volvo of R.Croft is not the same man that I know but he moves a lot of stuff from that sale, Buzzer

Just found this on the internet Buzzer, you’ve no doubt seen it but I thought I’d post it just in case you hadn’t.

Kempston:
Just found this on the internet Buzzer, you’ve no doubt seen it but I thought I’d post it just in case you hadn’t.

Love that picture K in fact it is my screen saver on my computer, the Globey was bought new K33 the 111 was £2750 second or third hand and both did the same job :smiley: Buzzer

News real roundup for Monday morning, Buzzer

Our old F89 which John Pettit bought & pulled for ASR, also in the picture is one of our old drivers Tony two as he was known, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Been there but cant for the life remember where it was, someone jerk my grey cells please, Buzzer

Hi Buzzer, I have been looking at Google Earth over the last two days trying to find out exactly where The Monkey House was, to no avail. :frowning:
Surely there must be somebody on here who can still remember where it was.

I can only remember stopping there once for a lunchtime ‘plat de jour’ and I remember that as you walked in there was a huge old wooden carved staircase in front of you. I can’t remember seeing the monkey but I do remember seeing a large wire cage somewhere in the restaurant or the bar.
You might notice that the porch over the door is the same on both of the photos.

As Peggy has already mentioned the new motorway, which was built during the eighties, it’s surprising how many of those little picturesque French villages and towns that we used to drive through have now been by-passed.
Still, it was worth wondering over the years, where on earth was that motorway in the sky going to be going to or coming from. :confused:

Nantua, France.

John, I was going to add these two links to Oily’s, Past, Present and in Between thread a few weeks ago but I decided against it as I thought that it might of been a bit of a thread drift.
These two films may be a bit old now but I thought that you might find them interesting, so I hope that you enjoy them.

youtube.com/watch?v=4EqM8feEzZU

youtube.com/watch?v=GvHKVy2EJtA

Silly ditty: On that F89 is a NO (Novara) Italian plate prefix. I had that on my F12 but when I managed to upgrade to a ROMA one, I gave the NO one to TIR Tone.

Andrew loading in Prato Jon and he aint on tonights boat either, slacker Buzzer

HIBUUZZER, Prato jon , yes been there well past midnight Friday nights, not a regular collection thank go,. on and off the bay to make way for regulars, i was on Pulleyns, sliding roof tilts, coil carrying floors, they were the [dogs]you could not strip them right down ,proper trailer boxes for all the gear and one for the driver ,but the eyeties would bang the insides about .
i think the monkey house was not in a village ,the village was in a valley i think.dbp.

Buzzer:
Been there but cant for the life remember where it was, someone jerk my grey cells please, Buzzer

The Monkeyhouse was on RN84 between Nantua and Bellegarde…

copied this from a post on tnuk 2009, hth… :wink:
I think it was the blanc side of Bellegarde on that twisty bit of road that went passed the Resistance monument, used to be at the top of a long drag before a sharp right hand bend routiers on left with parking opposite

bit more info buzzer^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

m.a.n rules:

Buzzer:

The Monkeyhouse was on RN84 between Nantua and Bellegarde…

copied this from a post on tnuk 2009, hth… :wink:
I think it was the blanc side of Bellegarde on that twisty bit of road that went passed the Resistance monument, used to be at the top of a long drag before a sharp right hand bend routiers on left with parking opposite

bit more info buzzer^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That’s the badger, thanks Jon.
earth.google.com/web/search/Mon … tTaDRuURAC

earth.google.com/web/search/Nan … VoSFFLQRAC

You will have to blow this up to read it but all in the past now, Buzzer

Another newspaper cutting and this one is in Deans part of the world, Buzzer

Buzzer in 1965 i started driving cattle trucks for S.T.CHALLS OF BADBY ,NEAR DAVENTRY PART OF C.BUTTS of NORTHAMPTON
i lived 8 miles from BANBURY AND THURSDAY WAS A BUSY DAY anyone who drove back then would know that a 15+ hour day was the norm.
all export LIVE walk on barren cows went via sheerness to BELGUIM FRANS BUTALAR WAS THE MAIN MAN. if you did not like driving back then you would have got out straight away ,covered in all kinds of animal ■■■■■ /■■■■ was the norm…when the cattle were penned up at the markets before auction you as drivers had to get in the pens with the cattle and take the ear numbers you had to hold the [septum] the piece a bull has his nose ring in, to keep them still -ish when you had done that you were covered in ■■■■■ while you mate twisted their tail worse end ,plus getting trod on

. you had to do leave about 6pm for sheerness arriving before midnight, a Leyland COMET battries under you seat,eaton 2 speed button scamel coupling, vacum brakes a lever down by your right hand on the floor that was the trail brake dead man PULLING A 33FOOT OPEN TOP TRAILER wooden slated sides [like a tilt without a cover ]with a gate in the middle wood floor with 3x2 ribs in about 18 beast in side anyone following would be getting sprayed with you know what esp down the M1northampton TO M1 to DARTFORD then the M2 TURN FOR SHEERNES after no wash etc sleeping a few hours on the bonnet with coats and blankets back for another day or somtimes you would turn round and head back, haa good old days ehh. night out money was paid either way 12 sillings i think not much more.and the moderen driver complain.dbp

Bag training these 12 ready for a move to pastures new on Monday, only been doing it since Thursday but they came running to call this morning for a few nuts does not take em long to learn what hard food is and sure as hell beats trying to drive them :smiley: , Buzzer

Wu Wa & Chip on a little jolly, but we do get around a bit, think this is a first though, Buzzer

292327574_5344344778989201_4998718969106514829_n.jpg

Buzzer Fri

Looks a bit lush considering the hot weather we have had, this is Chips view on the way to the blanc at Aosta this morning, Buzzer

Evening Buzzer

Well it’s all hands on deck up ere, busy gathering haylage and hay in and clipping yows as well, the weather has warmed up a treat which makes life so much easier than dodging showers like last week. We are getting some very good crops despite using little fertiliser which is a bonus. lets hope it doesn’t mean were in for a hard winter…

Cheers Wrighty.

IMG_3802.JPG