Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Clearing customs & letting the vet have a look over the load,all good :smiley:
C3213FB0-EB0E-4E0B-8CC2-06EBC2BAB5D5.jpeg

Another satisfied customer :smiley:
4D4605E7-7FB5-4EFD-95EE-73E2F5954082.jpeg

Loaded tonight as well with apples nr Ferrara,Italy

robthedog:

Buzzer:
Well definitely had a shock this morning as me & the Boss were summoned to “Tracy Island” with no mention of reason at all to say we were gobsmacked is the understatement when Horry drove in with the first of the 10 new trucks on order a Scania S500 but it took us back 35 years when the first new truck we ever purchased a Globetrotter and it was painted in the old colours, this is all part of our 50 years celebration in the International transport business, at first it was discussed about getting an old truck and doing it up but we have been there with our F88 in the 90’s so that idea was put on the back burner, how the boys kept this a secret from us we don’t know but we appreciate what they have done and it certainly is an eye catcher, long may they continue the company we founded, Buzzer

Nice touch and fitting tribute, is it a one off or are they all going to be the in the old colours

Think the rest will be blue n white when they get here :smiley:

Absolutely stunning to see that Buzzer, you must be very proud. Are all of them the same or just a one off flag ship?

short walk:
Absolutely stunning to see that Buzzer, you must be very proud. Are all of them the same or just a one off flag ship?

Just the one s h to mark our half century in the business, the others will be the same as before, factory paint job to, cheers Buzzer

Sunday morning again dont January just fly bye, bought 12 Limousine stores, 7 steers & 5 heifers 15/18mo yesterday privately and they will arrive on Wednesday all being well, Buzzer

Well what can be said Buzzer those boy’s of your’s are something special , to have the courage to have that unit delivered like that with out you knowing , or anyone else come to that. Well done Steve and James credit to you both . It certainly looks like the company is in good hands heading into the next 50 years.

CONGRATULATIONS.

Buzzer:
Sunday morning again dont January just fly bye, bought 12 Limousine stores, 7 steers & 5 heifers 15/18mo yesterday privately and they will arrive on Wednesday all being well, Buzzer

Good luck with them cows JD but we don’t get no pickled eggs off em :unamused:
Cheers Snapper :smiley: :smiley:

How weird is that a year to the day & I was coming thru that tunnel again :smiley: :laughing:
Bit of freezing fog coming up thru France this morning but a pan au chocolate n cafe soon sorted things lol
44AA1477-6A9E-4128-8E21-A27055FAE31A.jpeg
A4785BA8-DE74-4D39-BC71-F5544FCCC4C2.jpeg

On the road this morning up to the Frejus pipe x two Chip & Paolo, Buzzer

Hi all, well buzzer what a surprise i have just got home from a weekend away and seen that colour scheme, it does bring back a few memories, there are a lot of drivers that are not with us that would of loved it. Well done to all involved you have all done well. :sunglasses:

Buzzer:
Well definitely had a shock this morning as me & the Boss were summoned to “Tracy Island” with no mention of reason at all to say we were gobsmacked is the understatement when Horry drove in with the first of the 10 new trucks on order a Scania S500 but it took us back 35 years when the first new truck we ever purchased a Globetrotter and it was painted in the old colours, this is all part of our 50 years celebration in the International transport business, at first it was discussed about getting an old truck and doing it up but we have been there with our F88 in the 90’s so that idea was put on the back burner, how the boys kept this a secret from us we don’t know but we appreciate what they have done and it certainly is an eye catcher, long may they continue the company we founded, Buzzer

The term that can be applied to this shot of Mr & Mrs. D is “Back to the future” at DIT ! Nice gesture from the two Lads John ! Regards Dennis.

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, well buzzer what a surprise i have just got home from a weekend away and seen that colour scheme, it does bring back a few memories, there are a lot of drivers that are not with us that would of loved it. Well done to all involved you have all done well. :sunglasses:

Kev dont tell me you had a look in the sideboard to see if your passport was still valid :smiley: :smiley: JD

Hi all, John have you been spying on me me passport is run out and i am trying to decide whether to renew or not. Would anyone make it worth my while ■■?. :sunglasses:

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, John have you been spying on me me passport is run out and i am trying to decide whether to renew or not. Would anyone make it worth my while ■■?. :sunglasses:

Afternoon Gerbil and Happy New Year. I will make it worth your while… check your passport is valid, I need someone to ‘run it in’ I have booked you out on Sunday afternoon’s boat. There are 3 x empy Armstrong tanks in Le Havre dropped by the ticket office. I need 2 x loading in Perpignan and 1 x loading in Angers (you can do that one last). You are booked back Friday night Le Havre unit only. Please get me 200 ■■■■ on the boat. Keys will be in top of the drivers side tyre :smiley:

Be nice to see you at Tracey Island soon… kettle will be on.

Horry:

gerbil sb152:

Afternoon Gerbil and Happy New Year. I will make it worth your while… check your passport is valid, I need someone to ‘run it in’ I have booked you out on Sunday afternoon’s boat. There are 3 x empy Armstrong tanks in Le Havre dropped by the ticket office. I need 2 x loading in Perpignan and 1 x loading in Angers (you can do that one last). You are booked back Friday night Le Havre unit only. Please get me 200 ■■■■ on the boat. Keys will be in top of the drivers side tyre :smiley:

Horry
you’ve given Gerbil an easy week??

Badger:

Horry:

gerbil sb152:

Horry
you’ve given Gerbil an easy week??

Just easing him back in gently… thats the kinda guy I am lol

Hi all Horry if its ok with you i would prefer to do the Angers in the middle breaks up the week with a nice run back up through Paris Friday afternoon and try to dodge a fine around the triangle on the A13. :sunglasses: Is it ok if i take Charlie with me for a ride. :smiling_imp:

gerbil sb152:
Hi all Horry if its ok with you i would prefer to do the Angers in the middle breaks up the week with a nice run back up through Paris Friday afternoon and try to dodge a fine around the triangle on the A13. :sunglasses: Is it ok if i take Charlie with me for a ride. :smiling_imp:

That’s fine with me so long as they all get done. No problem to take Charlie as he still has an R&A Freight DKV card, just incase you are pulled on the triangle. Also, I have had his walking stick etched with centimetres, just incase you are asked to dip the tanks at Le Havre. Watch him closely, last time he came with me, my P&O doggy bag was all gone before we reached Tancarville and all he left me was the Apple that had done at least 28 crossings….