Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

This is the cream express loaded, locked and ready to roll. France then Italy we keep on gelling getting the job done, Buzzer

Andrew getting an ADR check at St-Jean du Maurienne before getting to the Frejus tunnel, looking a little wintry, Buzzer

Forgot we had a “Frederick Leonard” which was an ex demonstrator and we used it for UK work tipping and loading the heavier loads, Buzzer

The new Scanias must be about due to come home soon Buzzer ?.

Think it was the Kinks who had a song, tired of waiting, so tired of waiting but they will come soon, drivers are keen, Buzzer

Well definitely had a shock this morning as me & the Boss were summoned to “Tracy Island” with no mention of reason at all to say we were gobsmacked is the understatement when Horry drove in with the first of the 10 new trucks on order a Scania S500 but it took us back 35 years when the first new truck we ever purchased a Globetrotter and it was painted in the old colours, this is all part of our 50 years celebration in the International transport business, at first it was discussed about getting an old truck and doing it up but we have been there with our F88 in the 90’s so that idea was put on the back burner, how the boys kept this a secret from us we don’t know but we appreciate what they have done and it certainly is an eye catcher, long may they continue the company we founded, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Well definitely had a shock this morning as me & the Boss were summoned to “Tracy Island” with no mention of reason at all to say we were gobsmacked is the understatement when Horry drove in with the first of the 10 new trucks on order a Scania S500 but it took us back 35 years when the first new truck we ever purchased a Globetrotter and it was painted in the old colours, this is all part of our 50 years celebration in the International transport business, at first it was discussed about getting an old truck and doing it up but we have been there with our F88 in the 90’s so that idea was put on the back burner, how the boys kept this a secret from us we don’t know but we appreciate what they have done and it certainly is an eye catcher, long may they continue the company we founded, Buzzer

Fantastic… Great Photo… regards Andy

Buzzer:

Nice touch and fitting tribute, is it a one off or are they all going to be the in the old colours

OldishJoda:

Buzzer:

Fantastic… Great Photo… regards Andy

Thanks mate, takes you back does it not trust you are well JD.

Very Smart outfit
all the best
Jeremy

A major achievement Buzzer and looking good for the future.
Oily

A real tribute to you Buzzer and your wife for the 50 years of work you have put into the business, the new lorries in the old style name on the headboard and the original colours look fantastic, your 2 sons are doing a great job of running the company, I am sure Mappo would have been proud of this achievement.

Good work Buzzer and here’s to the next 50 years! If cabs get any bigger you’ll need a step ladder to get in them and a parachute to get out. :laughing:

Buzzer:

Evening Buzzer

What a brilliant suprise for you, a fitting tribute to what you and Mrs D have achieved…

Looks very nice Buzzer ,have you had a drive ? :wink:

Hi Buzzer really nice tribute to your achievement all the best for the next 50years. Cheers Ray

Punchy Dan:
Looks very nice Buzzer ,have you had a drive ? :wink:

Hi Dan it certainly took me back and my Mrs, it was only borrowed from the dealers to show and surprise us both, my son Horry drove it back with his mum in the passenger seat and she commentated how comfortable it was. Scania still have a lot to do to get it road ready but my nipper reckons the camera system on it is brilliant, these new motors will certainly be a winner with the drivers sat on a leather seat, flat walk through floor as well onwards and upwards is the way to go, cheers Buzzer.

Evening all it’s been a while but I see JD has been keeping you all up to speed:
Well what a surprise with the new Scania car celebrating the first 50 years of DIT long May it continue :laughing: :laughing: Congratulations to all concerned both past & present & especially to the Davies family :smiley:
Now let’s get a few pics up from this week you haven’t seen lol
Parked here in Dover the other night not great but everywhere was full on way down so it was a needs must job.

A953C2A0-812F-4882-97CE-169098FA7636.jpeg
CB6DA37B-A1F4-432D-B38F-A732E2A671FB.jpeg
8970109D-136F-4342-AD81-9057B5668E71.jpeg

Also in Dover but waiting for a boat this time lol

E8C8E861-DB18-4C26-9F51-1112EC46F877.jpeg
BFC66175-0A08-4736-A66A-2B1D063EA5E1.jpeg

4BF10926-38F2-48D1-B8F8-685881C1CCA2.jpeg

FD711E77-D647-4299-BF55-59B27A4376D4.jpeg