Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Horry, i must say that paint job on the new truck does look good must have brought back a lot of memories’ to Mum & Dad and a lot of other’s around this area. Do we assume that is a one off and the others will be the now familiar blue and white. :sunglasses:

Load us up buttercup, Buzzer

RIP Bob “ Air balloon pilot “ Garnett who used to be a manager at R&A, a good egg and man of his word.

gerbil sb152:
Horry, i must say that paint job on the new truck does look good must have brought back a lot of memories’ to Mum & Dad and a lot of other’s around this area. Do we assume that is a one off and the others will be the now familiar blue and white. :sunglasses:

Thanks so much Kev, it sure did bring the memories back. When I picked it up signwritten, I did have a bit of a lump in my throat, just took me back 40 years. Mum and Dad love it and I know it brought them a lot of pleasure and everyone else around town who can remember the trucks all those years ago.
The other 9 coming will be in Blue and White. I just need a Chingford Fruit Packers Trailer or an STS tilt to finish off the two tone blue one now lol….

Buzzer:
Sunday morning again dont January just fly bye, bought 12 Limousine stores, 7 steers & 5 heifers 15/18mo yesterday privately and they will arrive on Wednesday all being well, Buzzer

Great to see the new Scania in your old colours Buzzer. Boys done you proud. :wink:

Any pics of the new cattle ?

Hi all, yes RIP Mr Garnett, I don’t remember him being at R&A though. He was at PSL then he started Garnet Euro Trans then went to Seabrook in Eastleigh. But yes he was a nice man. :sunglasses:

Love this which is a common problem for us, Buzzer

Here you go Wrighty got some of your breed, bought this bunch of 12 pure Lim’s a week ago privately very sharp but thats normal with the breed, thought I paid too much but when looking at them now beginning to like the view, 6 steers & six heifers 16/18mo. When you see the market reports stuff like this always sells well and could do with a few more, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Love this which is a common problem for us, Buzzer

269668255_4869953229761694_200291276117940059_n (2).jpg

Buzzer, that cartoon reminds me of a morning I woke up in Wilsdruff MSA near Dresden in the mid-'90s, got the coffee on and got chatting to a Dutch frigo driver. I mentioned that my only beef with fridge-work was the noise of the fridge motor at night. He told me he couldn’t sleep without it! He showed me a cassette from his cab radio that was filled with the sound of a fridge motor running constantly. I wonder what he did at home :open_mouth: ; or what his missus thought of it. Actually, I had less problem with the old noisy all-night roarers than the later quiet models that beeped before turning themselves back on with the thermostat - they drove me bonkers. Give me tilts any day :sunglasses: :laughing: !

Spot the odd one out, they look a little bare dont they, Buzzer

Afternoon Buzzer

Those fresh Limi’s look in good order and should do well, how many more are you looking for…? We sold 6 bulls last Friday at Leyburn top price was £2500 for one which went for breeding and the other 5 averaged £1200 not too bad for 8 months old.
We have another 6 for this next Friday so we will see how they do, this next week is busy getting the sheep shed ready for the first lambers coming in.
Back to it tomorrow off up Scotland with concrete panels and then we will see…

Cheers Wrighty.

IMG_2857.JPG

IMG_2922.JPG

IMG_2839.JPG

James Richards:
RIP Bob “ Air balloon pilot “ Garnett who used to be a manager at R&A, a good egg and man of his word.

Hi James,

Just for the record Bob Garnett has not passed away he is alive and kicking,well he was this morning,and long may he continue to do so.

Regards
Richard

All bare ready to go to new homes, Buzzer

Hi all, thanks for the update Richard glad someone can get it right. Where was the picture you post on the other thread taken mate. :sunglasses:

Borrowed but the memories still there, Buzzer

Tony Mapson RIP putting his gear in ready for the next adventure outside his house in Hedge End, Buzzer

Photo shoot by Scania today at Tracy Island, Buzzer

That wagon is a credit to you all John.
The reg’ is great too.
Well done to the boys for keeping the secret and to yourself and the boss for building the business too.
Such a pity that TIR Tone and Kwoz aren’t here to see it.
I wonder what gem of a remark Kwoz would’ve come out with at first sight?

Hi all, i have to say John that doe’s look the B----cks, well done to all involved. :sunglasses:

Here you go, a review of the DIT book “A Fridge To Far” in Truck & Driver magazine, second batch here soon as first lot sold our all proceeds to Great Ormond St Hospital, follow the link to order your copy, Cheers Buzzer