Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Bateman crop sprayer British built in Devon, credit to Richard Says for the photo.
Oily

This is a sad post as we have lost one off our own, Stuart Davidson aka Kwozzy passed on Tuesday this week after a long illness RIP you will be missed, condolences to the family from all at Davies International, another legend gone but not forgotten, Buzzer

Sad news as you say buzzer. I had met quassy on a few occasions but did not really know him but still a sad day. Condolences to his family.

Going back in time me tipping Sony televisions in Milan and talking to John Shaw aka “the M4 fitter”, he would help any one with mechanical problems on the road RIP. remember the charge round Milan when got cleared customs and there could be 8 or 10 there at a time all for STS, was a more relaxed affair when we transited Swiss and tipped in Domodossola, Buzzer

Ex DIT globey sold to John Heaton aka “Axle” RIP who went OD with this, Buzzer

Evening Buzzer

Well we had an average day at the auction with our 5 shearings averaging £600 apiece, with the top price being £900 not ideal but we did get them cashed which was good. On a more positive note we had a cast cow at Leyburn which made £1350 and we also sent 16 fat lambs on the dead weight, so we will see how they do as the price seems to be rising which hasn’t happened at this time of the year for a long time.
Summer is definately over up ere with a lot of rain this last few days, making the gateways a bit sticky for the muck spreader, luckily were are about tupped up now with only about 30 left to tup, it has been a good back end with them tupping fast which will make for a busy lambing time but we will worry about that in February…

Back to it tomorrow off down to Yeovil with bagged coal out of South Shields, then we will see what happens…

Cheers Wrighty.

Aye Wrighty we have had enough of the wet stuff now and glad all stock is inside as it makes the job a lot easier, first part of the TB test today on 28 Charolais all went well just one got a little excited in the crush and part two on Thursday so every thing crossed. Looks like the weather set fair for the next few days but the grass is still growing as its so mild, Buzzer.

VTA blinged up

Tracy Island this morning, Commodore departing to Scotland tother loading out of the warehouse for Barnsley, Buzzer

Hi all, How did the TB test go Buzzer all good i hope.

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, How did the TB test go Buzzer all good i hope.

Yes mate all good and got the vet to jab worm them as well, it is a relief as me & Wrighty know very well, now to sell them, Buzzer

First one destriped and mopped ready for the new replacements, Buzzer

Still looks as good as new Buzzer! Will do someone a good turn I’m sure.

Buzzer:

Old snapper first in line is he

robthedog:

Buzzer:

Old snapper first in line is he

No thats the Cream Machine driven by Chip, his got done first as he’s always home on the weekends according to snapper, Buzzer.

Monday morning departures at Tracy Island, Christmas pressure already on us, Buzzer

A couple hours this afternoon preparing for the special one’s, dont bother me I could do them all day but had to pack up when the Boss came home, who will get one, Buzzer

Hi all, buzzer i am always up for a challenge. :sunglasses:

Poppy boy leaving Tracy Island this morning, Buzzer

Buzzer:
This is a sad post as we have lost one off our own, Stuart Davidson aka Kwozzy passed on Tuesday this week after a long illness RIP you will be missed, condolences to the family from all at Davies International, another legend gone but not forgotten, Buzzer

Not been on here for a good while…
Sad to read about Kwozzie ….
A Good ole Boy …

Balders.