Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

One from the hills of Italy in Tova di Sante’ agata, Buzzer

Busy morning set up the gates and ran in the last 14 Charolais up the footpath to the barn to join the others that came in on Thursday, all done in half an hour and some big old boys in this bunch, checked just now and the haylage is going down fast but if it rains there all inside now so wont tread the ground.
Wrighty give us the lowdown on your Bull show & sale at Carlisle when you get five minutes, cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Busy morning set up the gates and ran in the last 14 Charolais up the footpath to the barn to join the others that came in on Thursday, all done in half an hour and some big old boys in this bunch, checked just now and the haylage is going down fast but if it rains there all inside now so wont tread the ground.
Wrighty give us the lowdown on your Bull show & sale at Carlisle when you get five minutes, cheers Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

Well we didn’t do too well today turned him out at £2200, so he will either go to a local auction or we will try him again in May depending how he grows out. Trade was a bit steady this morning with one or two with tickets not selling although the champion made £28000, a bit too dear for us to lift but the good stuff was making good money.
As the saying goes “Rome wasn’t built in a day” so we will keep trying, back to it this afternoon rudding tups which seems to be going better helped by this kind weather…

Cheers Wrighty.

Hi all, that is a good looking bull Wrighty. :sunglasses:

Andrew in Southampton servicing the Queen this morning, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Andrew in Southampton servicing the Queen this morning, Buzzer

Dirty boy

Contractor came in this afternoon to spread a heap of manure that has been there two years in the park we graze, last year it got too wet and had to be left but it was black as your hat and well rotten with no smell when spread which should please the households round the park, just a wee bit of topping grass now to finish the outside work and an annual TB test booked for the 1st of November on the 28 Charolais steers, onwards and upwards, Buzzer

It was 35 years ago I put my first brand new truck on the road in 1986, just over 36K and wish we still had her now, you never forget your first, Buzzer.

126116931_193015075657376_4548850051572956671_n.jpg

Another one just popped up on my suggested to watch. A few operating centres you have had over the years John.

youtube.com/watch?v=5oThaVVmc5k

Hi all, that was very interesting well done to whoever put that together.

yep, nice small coverage of D.I.T history, suprised buzzer has’nt commented…

m.a.n rules:
yep, nice small coverage of D.I.T history, suprised buzzer has’nt commented…

Yep saw it when it came out first, youtube did it as they did with several other companies. Think they took it from the contents of the book that Horry did “A Fridge Too Far” about our company.

After collecting two loads of straw this morning went down to Lee on the Solent for a little tray of chips and a sausage and a mug of tea plus a rock cake at for the Boss at lunchtime all for £5.50 which today is very reasonable then saw several people swimming and im’e thinking better you than me as it aint to warm this time of year especially for bathing, Buzzer

Evening Buzzer

Well were in the middle of tup sales up ere, just had two days at Kirkby Stephen and then at Hawes on Wed/Thur. We have spent today washing our shearings so fingers crossed we get them cashed.
Back to it tomorrow loading Unimogs near home for Andover and Dorchester so should keep us going…

Cheers Wrighty.

IMG_2511.JPG

IMG_2561.JPG

IMG_2449.JPG

Tipping near Dingwall” 5 miles from me wrighty :slight_smile:
Oily

Hi Buzzer, that was a while ago and hasn’t changed .
Oily

Hi all, just another bit of useless info. My mate just got his HGV back from renewing and got a new dcpc card with Union Jack on it instead of EU STARS. I didn’t get one though. Did any one else.

oiltreader:
Tipping near Dingwall” 5 miles from me wrighty :slight_smile:
Oily

Yes Oily a farm off Strathpeffer road.

Yesterday morning shipping out of Tracy Island early, see the Frogs are going to delay British trucks from Saturday on in retaliation to the fishing war, its time we retaliated and stopped buying there crap wine and apples and the like, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Yesterday morning shipping out of Tracy Island early, see the Frogs are going to delay British trucks from Saturday on in retaliation to the fishing war, its time we retaliated and stopped buying there crap wine and apples and the like, Buzzer

I always do my utmost to avoid buying anything French!