Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Kempston:
Sounds like a good contract with the cruise liners Buzzer but I would guess you have to be perfect with reliability, another good reason to look after your workforce.

" Kempston" we have done cruise ships all over Europe in the past then laid of it for a while, things are different now and rates have improved generally due to the driver shortages but at the moment we are only doing Mainly UK ports as cruising is more round the British Isles nowadays so much quicker turn rounds, we are not struggling for work and in todays climate the rates are far better so that is a good outcome from Brexit as general standards and conditions are on the up, just needs someone to start a chain of truck only facilities of a high standard across the country with good off road secure parking, food & showers at reasonable prices, we have a bit of catching up to do over here to get us to EU standards, Buzzer.

hi buzzer, are they running back empty or do you have loads for them home bound,?

Evening Buzzer

Back home tonight for a steak tea, doing a full week as one of the lads is on holiday back at it tomorrow loaded for Nantwich then loading for Nottingham. A good day was had at home as they gathered the fell and 19 yows turned in bringing this years total to 528 going to the tup, so lambing time will be busy again…
A good mate of mine who works for Harrisons of tarleton spent Monday morning loading in Barnsley with your no1 driver Roger, He was saying what a top bloke Roger is one of the old skool drivers who are few and far between nowadays.

Cheers Wrighty.

I saw one of you on the A17 this morning Wrighty about half six by the billinghay turn :smiley:

Punchy Dan:
I saw one of you on the A17 this morning Wrighty about half six by the billinghay turn :smiley:

Probably on his way to load straw Dan, we load a lot out of a farm near Spilsby.

Cheers Wrighty.

After tending the cattle this morning I was drafted into helping me son with a little haulage job, two football dugouts not over heavy but wide on my 7ft 6in Ifor so caution needed on the road, they did have wheels but we took them off else it would have been 9ft wide, not safe for an old driver like me but we got the job done, Buzzer

Hi all, looks like you did a good job there Buzzer. I watched a short video made by channel 4 just now it was a lady driver from Leeds area driving for a company called Stage freight taking doughnut’s to Germany at one point she was on the train and it looks like Roger (wawa) sitting across from her, he doe’s like to be on tele don’t he. :sunglasses:

Now that haulage rates are apparently improving dramatically is there any truth in the rumour that Buzzer is contemplating kicking off again as an O/D and subbing for DIT ? :wink: :sunglasses: :smiley:

Hi all, If he is i might come out of retirement and drive for him as long as it’s not a left ■■■■■■. :sunglasses:

Dennis I did mention to the boys as they were so busy that a unit could be purchased by myself and run by them especially as they have a spare trailer and now it seems have an offer from Kevin aka Gerbil to pilot the thing now that would be the comeback would it not.
Booked the seven Sim steers into market on Tuesday, a good entry already so hope the punters are there with lots of money. When they are gone gonna get the rest in and collected two loads of straw this morning in readiness, will watch the trade on Tuesday as there are similar stock of the same age in the sale. Buzzer

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, If he is i might come out of retirement and drive for him as long as it’s not a left ■■■■■■. :sunglasses:

Even when I take my garden trailer to the tip,I have to reverse on my blind side, I can’t reverse an RHD vehicle I as have always driven LHD lorries

Just summit I forgot to mention earlier and that is my renewed class one licence arrived this morning, after numerous phone calls to DVLA where you just get cut off after waiting about 20 minutes I Emailed them complaining of my plight & even though application was done in good time it still took them nearly a 1/4 of a year to complete this simple task. On the other hand no problem in them asking me to tax my tractor which by the way is zero rated , they managed that well before the due date, Buzzer

No problem for Andrew aka the zambooka shots man filling up in Luxembourg today, Buzzer

Salisbury market yesterday with the seven Sims, trade definitely back a bit unless you got summit stonking, Buzzer

On the farming front today as we brought in the 14 Charolais steers from the park, normally we drive them up the road but elected to build a corral and trailer them and as its such a short distance it took only 3 loads, now in the barn on haylage and hard feed, just the other 14 to get up now at the weekend and we will be complete. Annual TB testing in November/ December and watch the markets.
Good luck on Saturday Wrighty with your Bull in Carlisle market, you be sure to take some pictures and update us all, cheers Buzzer

Bewick:

Bewick:

Bewick:

Bewick:

Bewick:

Bewick:

I’ve tried without success to put a shot on of the top priced Swaledale Tup at Skipton Auction this week £ 1400 .

Evening Buzzer

We have taken our bull up to Carlisle this afternoon and he has passed the vet inspection, tomorrow is show day and the sale is on Saturday so fingers crossed we get a bid…!
Spent today getting some cattle in and putting up a dry stone wall, bringing the heifers in tomorrow as the goodness is going out of the grass so they will do better inside…

Cheers Wrighty.