Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Hi all, that utube make’s you want to turn the clock back get in a Scania or Volvo and ship out Sunday night to Italy. :sunglasses:

Adr formalities before the Frejus
75704B41-998C-4773-9E89-AFD015E9302A.jpeg quick coffee at Gran Bosco on way back to Frejus
F2406E12-1C3B-4970-8CDC-8173AC4D78BB.jpeg bit of a cue at Frejus
D53B325E-73BC-4583-8A30-D999220000F3.jpeg

Just a few of the views going up to the Frejus tunnel & out the other side into France

Back to a bit of farming, had a little daytrip to Cholsey with the boss and collected 3 bins of beef feed mix from the farm where the Charolais steers came from. He had a pet steer 8yo and what a humungous beast he was, reckon he was about 1400kilo’s just kept as a pet because it was his fathers who he lost a couple years back, all went well till we had a blow out on the trailer on the way home and only had 1500kl on brand new trailer as well, anyway nice change of scenery, Buzzer

Andrew tipped in Italy today, Buzzer

Or the back sheet of the tilt hooked up :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

whisperingsmith:
Or the back sheet of the tilt hooked up :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

…like this!

Andrew charged and ready for the homeward journey from Italy, Buzzer

hi buzzer, what weight difference does it make running steel rims on your units compared to ally’s ? and would it be benifecial to swop.obvs cosmetically look better. but they look smart anyhow. :sunglasses:

m.a.n rules:
hi buzzer, what weight difference does it make running steel rims on your units compared to ally’s ? and would it be benifecial to swop.obvs cosmetically look better. but they look smart anyhow. :sunglasses:

Hi mate we did not have ally stay bright wheels for weight on the trailers just appearance, we have ten new Scania’s on order and they are coming with stay bright ally’s also. In the past we have refurbed steel wheels but they dont last and have since just bought new steel rims as when you work the costs out there is little difference for a far better result, Buzzer.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
nice one mate thanks, plus it will give andrew something to do inbetween all those coffee breaks he has… :wink: :laughing:

Andrew shipping back from Le Havre, dont look that busy does it, Buzzer

Hey up Wrighty were you at Carlisle auction today with you bull ? this Blue was there today just wondered what it made, Buzzer,

that looks very freaky, is it a photoshoot??

m.a.n rules:
that looks very freaky, is it a photoshoot??

Absolutely not, that is the real deal as Blue’s are naturally double muscled and a lot of farmers cross them on Lim’s for size and shape, reckon he is over a ton, cheers Buzzer

Buzzer:
Hey up Wrighty were you at Carlisle auction today with you bull ? this Blue was there today just wondered what it made, Buzzer,

Evening Buzzer

We are at Carlisle on the 16th with one bull, it’s turned a bit wintry up ere with a lot of wind and rain so we have been busy bringing quite a few of our cattle in.
Spent today dosing the calves and moving them about into lots and spaining some, off to a farm sale tomorrow to see what bargains we can bag…

Cheers Wrighty.

Aye mate did me feed round early this morning as had a haircut booked for 9am and a good job I did too it aint stopped raining and hard all day, would like to keep mine out till the end of October if I can. TB tested the 7 Sim steers this week and planning to out them before the others come in, all good and they passed but always tense on a test, big cattle still strong in the market but the younger ones got to be strong to make the money, cheers Buzzer.

Two trucks departing from “Tracy Island” this morning Belfast bound, Buzzer

Recharging the Azura in Belfast this morning, Buzzer.

Sounds like a good contract with the cruise liners Buzzer but I would guess you have to be perfect with reliability, another good reason to look after your workforce.