Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, that’s a fine looking bull you have there Wrighty he look’s fairly quite as well. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Never trust a Bull Kev its a bit like a woman you never know when they are going to kick off :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Buzzer

Very true Buzzer, back in the 60’s the farm my dad worked was a hay & straw merchant and a bull breeder and sale’s if he bought bull’s from up country the would come into Fareham train station then me dad would lead them down through Fareham west street on a pole then through Wallington village to the Fareham a walk of about 4 miles some were a bit frisky and the shopper’s would get a bit jumpy. :sunglasses:

Line up outside our local cemetery October 2019.
Oily

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, that’s a fine looking bull you have there Wrighty he look’s fairly quite as well. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Evening Gerbil sb152

Yes he his fairly quiet, only about the third time he’s been on the halter but they soon learn who’s the boss when they have a nose ring in. Like John says you can never trust em but you can usually sense when one’s not happy, and make your escape sharpish…

Cheers Wrighty.

AD518978-7E8F-457A-B8A7-C343178187DB.jpeg

Moved the troughs out the park for feeding as they know what it is now and can push you over, safer like this as I can put the food in then open the gate and let them in and only takes em about ten minutes to clear it then push back in the park. Me mate came today and with the aid of food we got the 21 steers on the marsh in the corral so came home got the trailer and did four loads back to the barn, on Wednesday we are going to sort out the 14 Charolais and put em in 6 acres as there is aftermath to be eaten off, the 7 Sim’s are staying int barn as they are a bit hedge hoppy and I am to old for those capers, opened a 15mo bale of haylage from last year and it smelt as sweet as a nut so there tucking into that, Buzzer

Hi all, yes me dad always used a pole about 4 ft long with a clip attached to the end he said it gave more control over the bull as these were all unknown as they were bought in from all over the country and you did not know there temperament till it was time to get it off the train. :sunglasses:

Wow we made it in to Portsmouth News, Buzzer

Hi all, fame at last Buzzer. :sunglasses:

Wow we made it in to Portsmouth News
Well done to all concerned must make you and Mrs D more than proud Buzzer.
Oily

Here is another shot taken at the 50th party we had, many old drivers some who look alot older and some aint changed a bit plus present day drivers, all had an enjoyable catch up in the sun with plenty of tarmac covered, food & drink in abundance which some took full advantage of, good job they had the following day off to recover, Buzzer.

Good evening everyone & the 1964 bloke you’ll like these they lorries not tractors lol

Not very often you see me with them orange things on front….still better than a tractor or them farm things lol also JD I’m sorry & next time I see ya I would like to shake your hand lol x
53D5CCB5-E794-45C6-A21F-B14B3C566879.jpeg

Nice pic of Scot the other night at■■?

Found one of a tractor thing in my garden look away if it’s not your thing :smiley: :smiley:

Quick coffee with waffles in Ashford :smiley: :smiley:
1E58782F-0384-4F50-8410-106DC22553A8.jpeg

Start off the week with a nice clean trl with shiny wheels in the new forest shiny wheels an all.Fridge broke swapped for our spair trl 13yrs old I think and you would hardly tell the difference.It don’t have to be new to look good so long as it’s looked after :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
ABD8C5C4-A581-4BD7-98C1-5D8ABBF377A6.jpeg
B82CF1C5-C5B2-443F-B37A-9146ABB83493.jpeg can you spot the old one lol

Andrew Morrison:
Start off the week with a nice clean trl with shiny wheels in the new forest shiny wheels an all.Fridge broke swapped for our spair trl 13yrs old I think and you would hardly tell the difference.It don’t have to be new to look good so long as it’s looked after :sunglasses: :sunglasses: can you spot the old one lol

Like you say Andrew that fridge looks spot on. Keep those Italian pics coming,always liked Italy ! :wink:

Bit on the agricultural front.

IMG_20210910_103334.jpg

Out on a walk today here in France funny what you see even found an old palace lol
EEF0D941-A48B-405F-A9E9-93E1372D8C99.jpeg
E94C0BA6-EE2A-4278-9785-71C0BEA4151E.jpeg
F00FDD5C-2EEF-4416-A88C-89864F120D1C.jpeg
D1E622A5-A9B0-4DBB-A0FA-6F5B68510140.jpeg

This popped up on my You Tube feed today. A good pictorial tribute to your fleet at the time John.

youtube.com/watch?v=fud5cqre87Y

Hi all, that utube make’s you want to turn the clock back get in a Scania or Volvo and ship out Sunday night to Italy. :sunglasses: