Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Punchy Dan:

wrighty:
Afternoon Buzzer

Another busy week up ere sorting yows out, we got them off the fell on Wednesday dipped 461 on Thursday, tailed and dosed 283 on Friday and then on Sat we bellied and clipped out 110 of the 230 mule gimmers which are going to auction on the 14th Sept, The yows have been sorted into two lots pures and then the crossed ones which will be gioing to the Blue faced Leicester tup, in between we got some more silage and I invested in a new car to get me to work and back.
So today we are having a day off, a nice roast pork dinner and then a snooze before we are back at it tomorrow…

Cheers Wrighty.

Hi Wrighty I see your not far from Reeth ,I’ve had many nights out with my Dad in the 80s at Surrender bridge waiting for the loader To open up at old gang mine to bring fluorspar back down here cheers Dan .

Evening Dan

Yes we are just the other side of Staggs fell.

Cheers Wrighty.

wrighty:

DEANB:
Took these a few weeks ago on a walk. Rain had stopped play ! :unamused:

Looks like its an older machine,any idea what that would be worth second hand Wrighty ■■

Not sure DEAN would of thought around 10k, certainly a lot cheaper than a new one…

Cheers Wrighty.

I suppose if you are a smaller farm it makes perfect sense to operate an older combiner as they are only used for a month
of the year. Mind you they are flat out for that month. :wink:

Funny enough 3 new tractors with trailers passed me yesterday,and i thought to myself that must be about £600,000 worth of kit.

Crap pic but they were already past me. :unamused:

IMG_20210907_131451.jpg

A local farmer who I did work for bought an older combine in 2010, a 1971 Massey, but soon found that it was a money pit and unreliable for contract work (I spent hours in fields mending the thing! :unamused: ) so purchased an almost new one and relegated the older one to displaying it at steam rallies. :slight_smile:

Pete.

Credit to Rab Lawrence for this photo of an expensive looking machine.
Oily

Carrot harvester between crops on the A96 at Inverness.
Oily

Andrew aka “Sambuca Sorry” clearing customs in Turin this morning, Buzzer

The combine has done its bit for the year. They had just removed the header this morning and were doing some
maintenance ready for parking it up until next harvest.Mind you i expect they will give it a wash !

IMG_20210910_101924.jpg

IMG_20210910_101947.jpg

IMG_20210910_102005.jpg

IMG_20210910_112937.jpg

IMG_20210910_113018.jpg

IMG_20210910_112957.jpg

Where was that Dean, Tarrant Rushton?

Thanks for the farming input Dean, people like the mix on this thread cheers. Buzzer

241695767_4431220463634975_5139661349326610635_n.jpg

“Thanks for the farming input Dean, people like the mix on this thread cheers. Buzzer”

I don’t.

Mikey1964again:
“Thanks for the farming input Dean, people like the mix on this thread cheers. Buzzer”

I don’t.

Best you click off then and watch East Enders instead more on your level, would have put summit stronger but I will not be alone in my opinion of you I am sure of that, Buzzer

182489304_293391255773204_5017042014891284623_n.jpg

Mikey1964again:

I don’t.

Obviously must have had a bad experience crossing a field with a Bull in it !! :unamused: :confused: :frowning:

i do wish you’d start saying what you mean buzzer :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

p.s i love the mix on here as i’m a frustrated wanna be farmer keep it up… :wink:

Ooh touchy, at least I have the balls to say it. I prefer seeing the trucks which I,ve always admired, I watch countryfile for tractors.

Although I doubt anyone will raise their heads in agreement now you and the Wurzals have spoken.

Micky1964again joined February 2021, posts 7

Buzzer , joined January 2012, posts 8148, all of which are interesting.

Evening Buzzer

Been another busy weekend up ere getting mule gimmers ready for sale on Tuesday, 230 washed and trimmed round so lets hope the effort pays off in the ring.
Just in case your mate Mikey1964again didn’t get his fill of tractors on Countryfile this evening, here’s a photo of a Lamborghini tractor apparently interest in them has increased since Mr Clarkson has started driving one…
Back to it tomorrow tipping Earby in the morning then collecting machinery and tractors for a tillage event near Cirencester later in the week all good fun if not for Mikey eh…

Cheers Wrighty.

IMG_2277.JPG

Mikey1964again:

I don’t.

■■■■ happens ! If you dont like it scroll on past FFS,no one is forcing you to look.

Heres a few more on the agricultural front for you to enjoy.

IMG_20210910_105325.jpg

IMG_20210910_103331.jpg

IMG_20210910_102052.jpg

DSC_1675

Hi John & All

Mike does this help

Morning Buzzer,

I reckon your mate Mr Croft will be flat out at the moment. :wink:

IMG_20190913_151029.jpg

Hi all, That was a good load Rich where were you off too with that. I purchased and read the Davies history book last week and i must say i was very impressed well done Horry and the rest of you. And i was very surprised i made it into the book,but that was only i assume because you could not photo shop me out standing with the other professional drivers. But a very interesting read. :sunglasses: