Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Easy Steve Matheuws and is that Micky Long. :sunglasses:

gerbil sb152:
Easy Steve Matheuws and is that Micky Long. :sunglasses:

Credit to Mick Long he got on a parafine parrot and came from the bottom of France to be here good old boy and he’s not changed at all, few miles of tarmac done yesterday, Buzzer

Good mix of past and present driver’s Wee Jock and me old mate Micky Hughes could not see Roger (aka, max midnight, aka, wawa ) was he missing. :sunglasses:

Still in recovery mode from our 50th year in transport party yesterday nice to see so many faces from our present drivers to some who worked for us 30 years ago plus some subcontract owner drivers also from that era and not forgetting other business associates who also came, a lot of tarmac was covered during the afternoon & evening. Not every one who said they were coming showed there face which was disappointing especially out of courtesy not letting us know. We had ex drivers that came from France and Portugal to Devon & Dover to join with us on the day so special thanks to them for making the effort to travel.
Today in the International transport world it is totally different to when I started out on my journey as an owner driver, many faces have come and gone over the years and it has been on the whole an enjoyable time albeit the ups and downs. Now in the hands of our two sons our wish is that it will continue and hopefully some of the grand children will become involved in the future and see it to a century and that would be a great achievement, a business like ours is only as good as the men behind the steering wheel so great respect to them past and present, thanks again for those who came along on the ride its been great, Buzzer.

Few more from the party, Buzzer

So for a bit of fun for our 50th Anniversary Year, we decided to do an A-Z to celebrate the story of Davies International. Memories of the company in its early days, the destinations across Europe, the Trucks and most importantly, the people who made our story and success possible.

We decided to have this published as a book to mark our 50th Year.
A huge labour of love for me, I enjoyed bringing every memory and story to life in words.

Anyone that knows my brother Steve, would know the immense fundraising and dedication he has with Great Ormond Street Hospital. A subject very close to his heart for
many years, to date he has raised a whopping £42,000 and ran marathons twice round the planet to get this far [emoji2089][emoji100][emoji100][emoji100] [emoji289]

In our 50th Year, please help him to reach £50,000. ‘A Fridge Too Far’
is now on sale, every penny goes directly to Great Ormond Street Hospital.

The book is £25 including P&P or alternatively, pop into DIT and collect for £20.

You can pay via the below link:

justgiving.com/fundraising/Big-50

Then just send us your details to the below email address and we will Post your copy.
jdavies@daviesinternational.co.uk

If you like Trucks and Transport, your going to love this….[emoji3531][emoji597]

Please help us smash this target, thank you.

[emoji106] [emoji384] [emoji541] [emoji3531][emoji3531][emoji3531][emoji3531][emoji3531]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Checking on the marsh steers today, there are 21 now as have added 7 Sim’s, they were on the marsh when I went down but saw me and came running and they are quick, soon be time to start bag training them to get em in the corral to bring them back in, Buzzer

Andrew at rest at the Aire de Reyran, France, Buzzer

R11 loading 20mins up the road from his tip this morning now ready to rock & roll, Buzzer

Well done Buzzer looks like a good party :laughing: .

Congratulations to all at Davies International. Always good to hear positive news and enjoy a celebration. Well done.

All peaceful laying in the shade down on the marsh today, never went too close, Buzzer

Alot of this going on at the moment. Not the best pic but had to zoom in from about half a mile away. :wink:

top marks to the loader, thats one square load dean… :sunglasses:

p.s dean thanks for all your input, amazing mate… :wink:

Afternoon Buzzer

Another busy week up ere sorting yows out, we got them off the fell on Wednesday dipped 461 on Thursday, tailed and dosed 283 on Friday and then on Sat we bellied and clipped out 110 of the 230 mule gimmers which are going to auction on the 14th Sept, The yows have been sorted into two lots pures and then the crossed ones which will be gioing to the Blue faced Leicester tup, in between we got some more silage and I invested in a new car to get me to work and back.
So today we are having a day off, a nice roast pork dinner and then a snooze before we are back at it tomorrow…

Cheers Wrighty.

IMG_2262.JPG

Straw moving time again, credit to Richard Says for the photos
Oily

Straw Richard 51246051776_f05ebb0cf0_4k.jpg

Straw Richard 2019 51097609115_016090fd61_4k.jpg

m.a.n rules:
top marks to the loader, thats one square load dean… :sunglasses:

p.s dean thanks for all your input, amazing mate… :wink:

Yes he certainly made a good job of loading that trailer “m.a.n.rules”. :wink: I have noticed down here and also looking at Oilys
pics above the more traditional shaped bales are making a come back. Seen alot more of them this last few weeks and large hays
stacks in fields again. I could never understand those round ones,must be a pain to load on trailers and stack.

Took these a few weeks ago on a walk. Rain had stopped play ! :unamused:

Looks like its an older machine,any idea what that would be worth second hand Wrighty ■■

IMG_20210820_123258.jpg

wrighty:
Afternoon Buzzer

Another busy week up ere sorting yows out, we got them off the fell on Wednesday dipped 461 on Thursday, tailed and dosed 283 on Friday and then on Sat we bellied and clipped out 110 of the 230 mule gimmers which are going to auction on the 14th Sept, The yows have been sorted into two lots pures and then the crossed ones which will be gioing to the Blue faced Leicester tup, in between we got some more silage and I invested in a new car to get me to work and back.
So today we are having a day off, a nice roast pork dinner and then a snooze before we are back at it tomorrow…

Cheers Wrighty.

Hi Wrighty I see your not far from Reeth ,I’ve had many nights out with my Dad in the 80s at Surrender bridge waiting for the loader To open up at old gang mine to bring fluorspar back down here cheers Dan .

DEANB:
Took these a few weeks ago on a walk. Rain had stopped play ! :unamused:

Looks like its an older machine,any idea what that would be worth second hand Wrighty ■■

Not sure DEAN would of thought around 10k, certainly a lot cheaper than a new one…

Cheers Wrighty.