Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Evening Buzzer

Back home tonight for four days of fun, bailing haylage tomorrow and then shearing yows oh the joys…

Cheers Wrighty.

IMG_1734.JPG

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Yes were pretty busy up ere making silage, mucking sheds out, power washing, spraying and selling a few early spring lambs… We have started mowing for silage up near home, so we will be picking that up this week.
A large part of our job is moving demo machinery about, mostly tractors and telehandlers but also we do a lot of self propelled forage harvesters and like you say those two tractors in the photo have a value in the region of 200k, so insurance is very important.
Back in tomorrow off to Bedale and Sheffield with concrete then maybe off to Hull for a load of new tractors…all good fun eh.

Cheers Wrighty.

Wrighty, Those heifers of yours are aweome looking beasts. The photo from 1983/4 certainly shows how large the modern tractor’s are now,makes those
look like toys.

Buzzer, That pic of the 143 with the Sydney Hart liveried trailer were big importers back in the day. Used to send loads through Poole are they still going ?

DEANB:

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Yes were pretty busy up ere making silage, mucking sheds out, power washing, spraying and selling a few early spring lambs… We have started mowing for silage up near home, so we will be picking that up this week.
A large part of our job is moving demo machinery about, mostly tractors and telehandlers but also we do a lot of self propelled forage harvesters and like you say those two tractors in the photo have a value in the region of 200k, so insurance is very important.
Back in tomorrow off to Bedale and Sheffield with concrete then maybe off to Hull for a load of new tractors…all good fun eh.

Cheers Wrighty.

Wrighty, Those heifers of yours are aweome looking beasts. The photo from 1983/4 certainly shows how large the modern tractor’s are now,makes those
look like toys.

Buzzer, That pic of the 143 with the Sydney Hart liveried trailer were big importers back in the day. Used to send loads through Poole are they still going ?

Morning DEANB

Yes they are like toys compared to todays modern machines, it used to take us a good week to do our first cut of silage at home now they do it in a matter of hours. Having said that the silage we made was every bit as good as they make now, busy at it yesterday made another 67 bales of haylage got it wrapped and stacked inside before the rain came.
Off out now to feed the sheep and move those heifers into a new spot for a while, then this afternoon a bit of pasture topping seen as it’s a wet day up ere…

Cheers Wrighty.

IMG_1753.JPG

IMG_1745.JPG

IMG_1740.JPG

Wrighty glad to see I aint the only one who stacks round bales on there eads, they keep there shape that way and there is more plastic wrap on the ends, tidy looking bit of silage you got there all in the dry an all, I have negotiated on buying some more bales in just to make sure waiting for haulage, last years but smells real good Buzzer.

206667463_4203818413041849_5066717375448531492_n (2).jpg

Last week on Isle of North Uist, Outer Hebrides a mixed herd for you farming folk.
Oily

wrighty:
Morning DEANB

Yes they are like toys compared to todays modern machines, it used to take us a good week to do our first cut of silage at home now they do it in a matter of hours. Having said that the silage we made was every bit as good as they make now, busy at it yesterday made another 67 bales of haylage got it wrapped and stacked inside before the rain came.
Off out now to feed the sheep and move those heifers into a new spot for a while, then this afternoon a bit of pasture topping seen as it’s a wet day up ere…

Cheers Wrighty.

Its an incredible amount of time saved with all this modern machinery. Remember a farm manager telling me about 12 years ago that when he went to a large
farm on the outskirts of Wimborne they had 6 combiners. When he retired they had 1 doing the same amount of work. :wink:

DEANB:

wrighty:
Morning DEANB

Cheers Wrighty.

Its an incredible amount of time saved with all this modern machinery. Remember a farm manager telling me about 12 years ago that when he went to a large
farm on the outskirts of Wimborne they had 6 combiners. When he retired they had 1 doing the same amount of work. :wink:

Yes Dean, the small local farm that I keep some stuff at bought their first combine a few years ago. It was a 33 year old Massey-Ferguson but it gave a few problems in service and I was always getting called out to fix it so it was relegated to being exhibited at steam rallies and a massive nearly new machine about three times the size took it’s place but even that is expensive to maintain, especially when it picked a piece of rock up and did over £20.000 worth of damage.

Pete.

DEANB:

wrighty:
Morning DEANB

Cheers Wrighty.

Morning DEANB

The modern machinery is getting bigger, and it makes you wonder how long will it take until they physically can’t get any bigger. I remember as a kid a 10-12 tonne trailer was a monster, nowadays a 20 tonne trailer is the norm for some farms and just think what damage they do to field drains, I know our old stone drains wouldn’t like it.
Had a full day shearing sheep yesterday got all done bar about 60, they will be getting done on Wed hopefully, we have two local lads who do the shearing we are busy wrapping wool marking the sheep and Alice has the job of bringing the sheep in and taking them back to the fields with her two sheep dogs…

Cheers Wrighty.

windrush:
“DEANB” “wrighty”

Morning DEANB

Cheers Wrighty.

Yes Dean, the small local farm that I keep some stuff at bought their first combine a few years ago. It was a 33 year old Massey-Ferguson but it gave a few problems in service and I was always getting called out to fix it so it was relegated to being exhibited at steam rallies and a massive nearly new machine about three times the size took it’s place but even that is expensive to maintain, especially when it picked a piece of rock up and did over £20.000 worth of damage.

Pete.

Thats some repair bill Pete… :open_mouth:

wrighty:
“DEANB”

Morning DEANB

The modern machinery is getting bigger, and it makes you wonder how long will it take until they physically can’t get any bigger. I remember as a kid a 10-12 tonne trailer was a monster, nowadays a 20 tonne trailer is the norm for some farms and just think what damage they do to field drains, I know our old stone drains wouldn’t like it.
Had a full day shearing sheep yesterday got all done bar about 60, they will be getting done on Wed hopefully, we have two local lads who do the shearing we are busy wrapping wool marking the sheep and Alice has the job of bringing the sheep in and taking them back to the fields with her two sheep dogs…

Cheers Wrighty.

I know what you mean “wrighty” about the size of modern stuff and some of those trailer’s you deliver are huge. The thing that worries me these days is how fast
those big old tractors go down the lanes. :unamused: :wink:

Quiet day down here took water to the marsh steers with me grandson and the dogs this morning, all present and correct. One of our drivers had a minor incident on the M27 this morning on the new safe motorway as it is called, bloody dangerous I call them the lanes far too narrow, no other vehicles involved and no recovery necessary so that was good, driver a little shaken but not hurt so thats good as well. Steady rain since lunchtime which is good for us as done all the haylage, cheers Buzzer

Was that you Wrighty on Saturday morning ? You were going the wrong way :open_mouth: :blush: :unamused: :wink:

Punchy Dan:
Was that you Wrighty on Saturday morning ? You were going the wrong way :open_mouth: :blush: :unamused: :wink:

Tut tut ! on the same carriageway :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

Tut tut ! on the same carriageway :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Also saw old Denzil going to Penrith shopping ,you need spec savers Dez :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Punchy Dan:

Not guilty Dan, I was stood in a field in the middle of Wensleydale surrounded by naked yows…well they were after they’d bin clipped…

wrighty:

Punchy Dan:

Not guilty Dan, I was stood in a field in the middle of Wensleydale surrounded by naked yows…well they were after they’d bin clipped…

Probably Colin then taking a tractor up past Gretna :smiley:

The Bosses birthday tomorrow so on me best behaviour, Buzzer

Germany, Italy & Newcastle we get every where man, Buzzer

208359539_4214405625316461_4711363924055450304_n.jpg

Now down on the farm today we had the contractor come with his giant ■■■ spreader and it only took them about two & a half hours to get 140 ton evenly spead where we made the haylage a couple weeks ago, now we got a bit of rain to gently wash it in and get rid of the smell, I have houses all round the field and they are not country folk even though they live out here but aint had a call so far, bit of muck on the road though when they went away but that wont last long with the cars we have running over it, cheers Buzzer.

PS and the football went our way but the first half was dour.

Buzzer , is that Milan ? For the Italian photo.

Tarmaceater:
Buzzer , is that Milan ? For the Italian photo.

No mate it was Turin, Buzzer