Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Nice pictures from your ramble Dean, the countryside looks well when the sun shines eh. Bit of nostalgia below of some Scania’s we ran back in the late 80’s all bought second hand from Peter Gilder and put in our livery and eminoxed as well, where has that time gone, Buzzer.

194399074_4139495642807460_1401983657890365297_n (2).jpg

193544666_4139092399514451_2006204430586950444_n (2).jpg

Buzzer: just google faketaxi or ask around the yard, but quietly!

I follow Harry’s Farm and Farmer P on you tube for common sense farming news.

gazzer:

Gazzer had a qwick peek and I am of to the opticians tomorrow to upgrade me glasses :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Nice pictures from your ramble Dean, the countryside looks well when the sun shines eh. Bit of nostalgia below of some Scania’s we ran back in the late 80’s all bought second hand from Peter Gilder and put in our livery and eminoxed as well, where has that time gone, Buzzer.

That 142 with the Estepe cab conversion is intresting Buzzer. Did you buy that already converted, and if you did i wonder who the original
owner was as Estepe were a Dutch company so possibly a Dutch motor originally ? Geoff Gilbert used to operate some Scanias with that
conversion.

Hi Dean the Estepe cabbed 142 was bought from Peter Gilder, it was an ex pig cart lorry and is the one on the left in the picture working double manned out of Holland with live pigs, two trips a week 1st one to Naples then a short one to Rome home empty of course, the father of the owner used to see to any servicing and loaded the trucks when in Holland in between trips so the drivers had some time out ready to go again. The truck on the right also has an Estepe cab but as you can see was a waggon & drag, they never had night heaters in but as Peter Gilder said they never stopped so never got cold, they knew how to GEL ON that’s for sure, Buzzer.

gazzer:

i too follow farmer p (ian pullen) on yt and his lovely family, find it so informative about all the pie’s he has his fingers in also you gotta love biskit aint ya… :smiley: :wink:

Spot of bother with the injector system, turn it off said border control, it wont start if I turn it off said the driver, turn it off said border control it health & safety, they should be in the channel with a 2.2 and puncture all those immigrant inflatables, Buzzer.

100 % AGREE BUZZER ,as soon as the fishermen start moaning then the Gibraltarians start over the Spanish a war ship was soon dispatched just a jolly for the lads ,why do we not patrol off the French coast with giant blowers and blow the uuuuukers back ,we invented the bouncing bomb, why can not we invent a massive blower .

i am retired but i would help man one ,better than being master of a wind turbine sat all day watching them blades going round whisperingsmith would be master .

Buzzer:
Hi Dean the Estepe cabbed 142 was bought from Peter Gilder, it was an ex pig cart lorry and is the one on the left in the picture working double manned out of Holland with live pigs, two trips a week 1st one to Naples then a short one to Rome home empty of course, the father of the owner used to see to any servicing and loaded the trucks when in Holland in between trips so the drivers had some time out ready to go again. The truck on the right also has an Estepe cab but as you can see was a waggon & drag, they never had night heaters in but as Peter Gilder said they never stopped so never got cold, they knew how to GEL ON that’s for sure, Buzzer.

Nice to see a pic of it in its original colours,sounds like she was well worked ! Peter Gilder use to sell alot of ex Dutch motors. :wink:

I bought E901 HDF off Peter Gilder and exported it to save the UK vat , it was a tractor unit cut down from a rigid hauling honkers , no speed limiter, and came with the Esteppe roof conversion.
Don’t mention the fire in the yard and planning permission for a house and someone smelling of petrol in the pub !
Peter used to haul to not far off the Chinese border on Kazakhstan runs t/a Russanglia as did Ralph Davies, apparently the trucks couldn’t take the hard punishment of dirt roads .
My fuel tanks were 2000 , litres and at the time each county had their own rules on ADR for fuel in tanks , to one being they needed the manufacturer’s stamp on the tanks to another saying display orange ADR plates and TREM cards .
But handy for filling up in the BP in the marina in Gibraltar or red at AS24 or a tanker delivery directly to my tanks when I got home .

Didn’t realize you had your own Toby, who were you pulling for? I was on Langdons early 90’s then a short spell on PJK summer 95 before moving abroad. Bet we passed at some point.

Weather really overcast here this morning so me & the Boss put all the runner & French climbing beans in the ground, planted them this year in fibre pots which made the planting out alot easier as the whole thing goes in the ground, there were already roots coming through the bottom & sides of the pots and they have weeper hoses so had a good water in as well, there are 3 x 50ft rows of runners and 1 of French climbers. Loads of weeds but I never planted any of them, will strim off when they get higher.
Next job is to get cutting the grass for haylage, mower on the tractor but put off the start as we keep getting threatening rain showers but next week looks a little more settled, cheers Buzzer.

Short walk I subbed for British International : Tim Allen and his poisoned dwarf aka Peter Taplin , and Euro PSL , Freight Transfer aka Paul Fogden , LV trans : Same company, Bob Garnet aka Garnet Eurotrans , Garland Laidley , Securicor Omega ltd and numerous others with numerous other tractor units one of which was a DAF 310 white cab driver with a yellow roof , a green and white 142 and Gilders 142 .

Buzzer:
Weather really overcast here this morning so me & the Boss put all the runner & French climbing beans in the ground, planted them this year in fibre pots which made the planting out alot easier as the whole thing goes in the ground, there were already roots coming through the bottom & sides of the pots and they have weeper hoses so had a good water in as well, there are 3 x 50ft rows of runners and 1 of French climbers. Loads of weeds but I never planted any of them, will strim off when they get higher.
Next job is to get cutting the grass for haylage, mower on the tractor but put off the start as we keep getting threatening rain showers but next week looks a little more settled, cheers Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

Well it’s been a busy week up ere on the farm, mucking sheds out and baled our first round bale hay this afternoon. Only 10 bales but should be good sheep hay, and if the weather stays dry we will be mowing for silage at our land further down the dale this week.
Early start tomorrow off down Manchester to a building site with concrete floor sections then we will see what’s after that.

Cheers Wrighty.

IMG_1613.JPG

IMG_1594.JPG

Wrighty see you got at the haymaking early doors and got some in the barn for Winter, weather looks set fair next week so we can crack on with the silage making. I got to fit in with the contractors work load to row up bale and wrap so slightly different to you with your own gear. Still got 14 steers inside as where they are going the chap wont let me put them in till 14th June so Monday they will go out, Salisbury market yesterday and the store prices have eased a little unless its really good, not so many there as all getting on with grass crop which is far less this year as we had no rain in April, cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Wrighty see you got at the haymaking early doors and got some in the barn for Winter, weather looks set fair next week so we can crack on with the silage making. I got to fit in with the contractors work load to row up bale and wrap so slightly different to you with your own gear. Still got 14 steers inside as where they are going the chap wont let me put them in till 14th June so Monday they will go out, Salisbury market yesterday and the store prices have eased a little unless its really good, not so many there as all getting on with grass crop which is far less this year as we had no rain in April, cheers Buzzer.

Those look like quality steers Buzzer.

Staying on the farming front dont know if you have heard of these conveyors before ? The brochure was obviously printed before Beecham
screwed the railway system up as it says delivered to the nearest railway station !!! :unamused:

Click on pages twice to read.

Dean just looking at that elevator makes me want to break out in a sweat, talking of deliveries to your local train station many a time in my youth at home I was despatched to Romsey rail staion to pick up day old chicks which were sent by rail, the staion master used to ring to let us know they had arrived safely from some where in Somerset I believe.
Below todays adventures of Andrew on his tour’s of Europe tipping for those who used to do the job and now sat at home watching from a distance in Hamburg this morning and loading 40 miles away in Holland so not a lot of dead mileage there, Buzzer

Self Cancelled :wink:

Bewick:

You were only telling the truth Dennis

pete smith:

Bewick:

You were only telling the truth Dennis

:confused: :confused: :confused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :wink: