Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Here is a blast from the past, a Chiver’s motor, Dave Chivers used to do boat transport and lived off Swanwick Lane and parked opposite my first house on the A27 by the rail bridge, he had a heap of permits and sold out to Chivers from London who had an association with Anna of Italfruita who we also did loads for, she was a hard task master but if you did the job right your payment was instant, good old days. Buzzer.

134812756_5385576651456099_6994026885577687769_n.jpg

Klondike in East Kilbride this morning, Buzzer

The Chivers motor photo from Buzzer, even though Mount Cenis was mentioned, those hairpin bends look a lot like the old road from Pamplona to Irun before they built the tunnels and viaducts, the trees look Spanish to me .

Hi all, so how are the driver’s going abroad getting on Buzzer is it going smoothly.How come the driver’s going into france have to have a Covid 19 test yet coming into uk they don’t. :sunglasses:

Evening Buzzer

Well a busy day up ere moving yows down around home, there was a risk of them getting buried in the snow as it was blowing a gale and drifting. Managed to get the quad stuck twice and what a bulling job that was digging it out wi mi hands, spent the afternoon spreading more muck while we can travel on the land.

Cheers Wrighty.

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, so how are the driver’s going abroad getting on Buzzer is it going smoothly.How come the driver’s going into france have to have a Covid 19 test yet coming into uk they don’t. :sunglasses:

As for Covid tests I just dont understand that IMHO all drivers coming in here should have a valid test Kev but thats down to our government who dont always or rarely get things right first time.
Going abroad through a French port is not easy although Chip went out MT this week with little hassle to load pears in Belgium, Horry has heard of major hassle with fush trucks as the vets dont have a clue what they are doing and a whole load of lamb was rejected as two had fallen on the floor of the trailer, when there is no meat in Rungis and no fush in the markets things may change and in the end Macron will shoot himself and the French population in the foot and we should ban all imports even if only for a week and see how the rest of the EU gang react to that, they need us for sure but Macron thinks he is a big wig but he will be dethroned if he starts playing silly beggars and that day cannot come soon enough as far as I am concerned, Buzzer.

Just seen your post Wrighty and you have a struggle on your hands wee that lot, have you been out in truck is that all halted just now JD.

Buzzer:

gerbil sb152:

As for Covid tests I just dont understand that IMHO all drivers coming in here should have a valid test Kev but thats down to our government who dont always or rarely get things right first time.
Going abroad through a French port is not easy although Chip went out MT this week with little hassle to load pears in Belgium, Horry has heard of major hassle with fush trucks as the vets dont have a clue what they are doing and a whole load of lamb was rejected as two had fallen on the floor of the trailer, when there is no meat in Rungis and no fush in the markets things may change and in the end Macron will shoot himself and the French population in the foot and we should ban all imports even if only for a week and see how the rest of the EU gang react to that, they need us for sure but Macron thinks he is a big wig but he will be dethroned if he starts playing silly beggars and that day cannot come soon enough as far as I am concerned, Buzzer.

Just seen your post Wrighty and you have a struggle on your hands wee that lot, have you been out in truck is that all halted just now JD.

Yes were still at it in the truck, concrete down to Bury St Edmunds on Monday, load straw Tues morning for Gilsland then back for more concrete down to Barrow.

Cheers Wrighty.

IMG_0423.JPG

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Well a busy day up ere moving yows down around home, there was a risk of them getting buried in the snow as it was blowing a gale and drifting. Managed to get the quad stuck twice and what a bulling job that was digging it out wi mi hands, spent the afternoon spreading more muck while we can travel on the land.

Cheers Wrighty.

Wot ! no shovel Wrighty ? Oh! you Wally ! I bet Alice had a good laugh before she bollocked you for being 2 hours late for your tea ! :blush: Happy New Year Dennis. :wink:

Buzzer:

Aren`t you missing the points here?
If it takes longer to move fish out of the UK it is less valuable when sold as it is less fresh. The fishermen get less cash.
If it takes longer, and more paperwork, and vet checks, then UK meat becomes more expensive for EU buyers. They will buy elsewhere or if they pay the same the extra costs are taken from UK producers revenues.
You think EU vet controls are too strict? If we were members of the EU we could complain to the EU, but we left. Their trading bloc, their rules.
The UK is not the only supplier of fish or meat to the EU. It does have a market there, sure it does, but making it less fresh, and more expensive will hurt the producers.
Stop imports of food? Cut our own food supply to hurt the EU?? What was that about shooting oneself in the foot?
Or did you mean stop exports? Give them the reason to find different and more reliable suppliers? Shoot the other foot then.

Franglais who would have thought it are you a secret agent for Macron ? it appears that the main problem with travel is only with France and its leader its like he has a personal vendetta with the UK, anyways the best thing is to avoid such loads until the rest of the EU gang realise just what Macron is up to, unfortunately most traffic going to the EU does enter France even if on a forward journey to another EU member state and I am just wondering how long it is before the rest wake up and smell the coffee as to his actions.
The problem with vets is probably because since the abolishment of the last lot of permits to travel in the EU there have been far less control on such goods as meat & fish and they are not up to speed at all and making good use of that now as a punishment, I really do not think you have a grasp of how Germany & France run the EU for sure its all about power and control and at this moment in time they have a little less of that.
IMHO this will conclude with further members of the gang throwing in the towel thus ending this unelected corrupt band of robbing & corrupt bar stewards that they are, at the end of the day my post was just an update to a past International driver on the current situation which is what he asked about so no real pressure just replying to his request.
Already the indications are there are less trucks coming here to the UK and as a result work we used to do in the past has become available once more and at an advanced rate for the job, this is because of the lack of foreign trucks able to do the job on a return load basis and rate which is probably 35% of that we have now achieved.
Looking forward to you ripping in to this post and I believe you still are pro EU even though we left at long last that wonderful institution on the last day of 2020 thank goodness, Buzzer.

Hi all, thank’s for the update on how it is for the UK truck’s trying to get in and out of France. I have to agree with you that at some point MR Macron will be told to stop acting like a spoilt child just because he did not get his way, and also i think there will be other countries following us out off the EU that is why they were never going to make it easy or a good deal to leave. And so they hoped it would deter the other’s from leaving.That’s my view, also fish and meat could be sold here make it a bit cheaper so the average working man can afford it again, i know some will say fisherman and farmer’s can afford to sell cheaper but the transport cost for not exporting would make up for that. :sunglasses:

Bewick:

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Cheers Wrighty.

Wot ! no shovel Wrighty ? Oh! you Wally ! I bet Alice had a good laugh before she bollocked you for being 2 hours late for your tea ! :blush: Happy New Year Dennis. :wink:

Happy New Year to you Dennis

I avoided a bollocking because Alice was with me, she took the yows down home while i rescued the bike, oh and the stew for tea was “real”…

Cheers Wrighty.

Buzzer:
Franglais who would have thought it are you a secret agent for Macron ? it appears that the main problem with travel is only with France and its leader its like he has a personal vendetta with the UK, anyways the best thing is to avoid such loads until the rest of the EU gang realise just what Macron is up to, unfortunately most traffic going to the EU does enter France even if on a forward journey to another EU member state and I am just wondering how long it is before the rest wake up and smell the coffee as to his actions.
The problem with vets is probably because since the abolishment of the last lot of permits to travel in the EU there have been far less control on such goods as meat & fish and they are not up to speed at all and making good use of that now as a punishment, I really do not think you have a grasp of how Germany & France run the EU for sure its all about power and control and at this moment in time they have a little less of that.
IMHO this will conclude with further members of the gang throwing in the towel thus ending this unelected corrupt band of robbing & corrupt bar stewards that they are, at the end of the day my post was just an update to a past International driver on the current situation which is what he asked about so no real pressure just replying to his request.
Already the indications are there are less trucks coming here to the UK and as a result work we used to do in the past has become available once more and at an advanced rate for the job, this is because of the lack of foreign trucks able to do the job on a return load basis and rate which is probably 35% of that we have now achieved.
Looking forward to you ripping in to this post and I believe you still are pro EU even though we left at long last that wonderful institution on the last day of 2020 thank goodness, Buzzer.

Macron is not the EU. France is the gateway for most UK trucks, but all EU ports operate to the same rules. Holland has employed 900 extra customs officials to deal with Brexit, they will not all be drinking coffee and doing nothing.

Is the problem vets who dont what they are doing? Or is it exporters who arent following the rules? (You know the rules that weren`t there a few weeks ago but are there now. The rules Brexit has introduced. The rules we all need the vets to check and need paying for. There will some teething troubles, but checks and expenses will be permanent fixtures) There are UK vets and EU vets. All need paying for.
The vets in Scotland are punishing who? For what reason?
Is following rules “punishment”? If we were still in the EU we follow one set of rules (the easy, cheap, quick, ones) as a third country we follow the other (more difficult) set of rules. It was our choice to leave and put ourselves in this position after all.
We chose out, we now must abide by rules for non member countries. Their market, their rules.

Maybe there will be fewer foreign trucks coming to the UK? That is possible. They may think the extra time and paperwork doesn`t make it worthwhile?
So, what happens? UK hauliers take it on, and charge more? Well, if a job takes a lot longer that is extra costs. Any extra on the rate will not go far for the haulier, but will be passed onto the end customer. Imports and exports will all cost more if transport costs more.
And put the rates up by a lot? Guess? Foreign trucks will return.

Am I a fan of the EU?
It ain`t perfect, but it did make for a smooth quick transport system.
We voted out, we are out. We have called the tune, it is we who are to pay the piper.

Will other countries choose to leave?
June 2020 poll by CNN
edition.cnn.com/2020/06/25/uk/u … index.html
shows the EU is still popular with most of its members. Why do think there are others who wish to leave? Sure there are groups in all countries who would wish to go, but they dont seem to be particularly big groups.

And if I am ripping into your post?
It is the post, not you personally, as I am sure you are aware. :smiley:

Interesting to here your view for sure after all we do have a bit of free speech to air our opinions on here until we get relegated to Bully’s of course, you say Macron is not in charge of the EU but he has been pulled up a few times by his German counterpart Merkle for thinking he is the main controller. Think we all knew it was not going to be an easy transition as we dared to leave and only time will tell what the real outcome will be but I have a hunch once they all get fed up with playing silly bugger’s things will run more smoothly, until then we will concentrate on UK work as in this sector professionalism still demands decent rates and nowadays we only have ten trucks but a wide subcontractor base as well to cater for most needs, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Interesting to here your view for sure after all we do have a bit of free speech to air our opinions on here until we get relegated to Bully’s of course, you say Macron is not in charge of the EU but he has been pulled up a few times by his German counterpart Merkle for thinking he is the main controller. Think we all knew it was not going to be an easy transition as we dared to leave and only time will tell what the real outcome will be but I have a hunch once they all get fed up with playing silly bugger’s things will run more smoothly, until then we will concentrate on UK work as in this sector professionalism still demands decent rates and nowadays we only have ten trucks but a wide subcontractor base as well to cater for most needs, Buzzer.

I wont carry on too long on this thread, I dont want to be responsible for sending Davies down to Bully`s !
Yes, there are some teething troubles that will smooth out. But because there are extra rules now we are out, there are extra things to go wrong. Even when running smoothly as we all hope it will, that is an extra burden and cost.

Remember Murphy`s Law? If it can go wrong it will ! :smiley:

Further to what Buzzer has commented on re. The Red Tape bollox being inflicted by Le Frog, well I have read in the paper this morning that it hasn’t taken very long for the Paddies to back of from playing the same game and the Irish Customs Service has been told to curb their “enthusiasm” because it is causing shortages at the Super markets and the hauliers are struggling with all the Red Tape and backlogs have built up ! Would I be a million miles away from thinking that this massive back peddling is because probably 99% of the goods going across the Irish sea are carried by Hauliers from both North and South of the Irish Border !!! Now I wonder if they had been mainly English hauliers doing the hauling the Paddies would have backed off as quickly ? They probably would have done eventually because they would have started starving because the bulk of their foodstuffs originates from mainland UK. So so much for EU solidarity and as JD says once the same kind of hold ups start affecting Mainland Europe they will soon break ranks and matters will more or less return to “business as usual” Cheers Bewick.

Good afternoon & happy new year everyone just took this in Tracy Island
F93DF9F6-6417-4707-97AF-7F23FB8D5A8B.jpeg

Hope you dont have any going to Spain Buzzer. Apparently they have had the worse snow in 50 years ! :open_mouth:

I would not want to be going up or down Somosieria mountain with all that snow .

Dean nothing going to Spain mate but there not used to weather that severe there for sure, got two going to Italy so we will see what happens with them, Buzzer.