Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Catching up with company news, three shipping out out this morning, there Gelling on Buzzer.

Snow season has started in Italy plus trouble with ferry sailings at Caen, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Snow season has started in Italy plus trouble with ferry sailings at Caen, Buzzer

Whats happening with the ferries Buzzer ■■

Bit more snow !

Hi Dean one of the ferry linkspans broke and it dont take long to get a big waiting list especially running up to Christmas, the other problem looming is Brexit and it’s associated paperwork which no one has brought to light, if you ship out of Portsmouth you have to have all your paper processed before you can get in the dock and one station is up the A31 about 15 minutes out of main stream traffic down the A34 or just off the M27 where the greyhound track was at Pompey, this is rediculas as any trucks shipping out of Pompey are pre booked and dont just turn up on spec unlike Dover, there trucks just turn up and get on the first available ship and all paperwork has to be processed before you can get into Kent, All this is not necessary in this age of the computer its pure scare mongering & waste of time tactics, the only good thing if there are massive delays is that the Flip Flops wont want to do the job any more as they run the job close to the bone and they will just lose money. Apart from that any extra cost will have to be passed on to the customer making the goods more expensive, Buzzer.

Are there permits or blue books coming again Buzzer? along with Carnet de Passage etc.

Hi all,Buzzer if your boy’s do the paperwork in the office before truck leaves can they go straight in pompey dock also what is the problem with the paperwork being done electronically like it has been done in and out of Switzerland for year’s that seem’s to work ok. Or is it me :frowning: or EU scaremongering. :wink:

Will the Italian’s go back to taking back hander’s for no stamp on permit’s. Don’t suppose i should have said that. :smiling_imp:

The boys have applied for permits but I dont think they are like we remember where we all tried to avoid getting them stamped, think they are more like a carnet to allow you to travel but they probably have not even designed them yet, as with all Government department no one seems to know WTFIGO, we will have to wait and see but sure as hell we aint going back to paying K10 for a blue book like I did way back just to be able to go to work, anyways you can earn just as much money in Blighty we out any of the hassle, Buzzer.

Ready for the off and up the road to do a bit this afternoon, Buzzer.

Klondyke ready to GEL ON at Le Mans, Buzzer

Start in the dark for Andrew from Castet’s this morning, Buzzer

Buzzer:
The boys have applied for permits but I dont think they are like we remember where we all tried to avoid getting them stamped, think they are more like a carnet to allow you to travel but they probably have not even designed them yet, as with all Government department no one seems to know WTFIGO, we will have to wait and see but sure as hell we aint going back to paying K10 for a blue book like I did way back just to be able to go to work, anyways you can earn just as much money in Blighty we out any of the hassle, Buzzer.

Makes you wonder how the goverment expect companies like yours to operate Buzzer when no one seem to know whats going on like you say. You seem to have had a very
busy year. I reckon you are right about working in the UK until things get sorted out. Although i suppose you have to be careful not to loose some of your best cusomers,bit
of a catch 22 chap.

Hi Dean the amount of imports DIT do we could not possibly cope with out a sub contractor base which the boys have built up over the years sorting the wheat from the chaff so to speak. When you get good subbies and pay promptly they are keen to work along side you. The main problem with International traffic is that about 85% is done by Eastern Europeans who are paid a fraction of the wage of a UK driver and stay way from home for 3/4 months at a time, until the job becomes too time consuming which they say will happen with Brexit they will stay but watch them drop off coming to the UK if there are major delays.
Makes me laugh when Tesco’s are saying there will be a 3/5 % increase in your shop order, well when Aldi & Liddle stay put and dont increase there costs Tesco will have to do the same or lose out, it happens all the time just another scaremonger tactic, Buzzer.

PS bought 10 legs of lamb in Tesco’s yesterday for just over £100 so there yap is negative.

What gets me is they keep saying there will be shortage’s but everything they say will be short is stuff that 40 to 50 year’s ago we would not have had this time of year like strawberry’s and other soft fruit and salad stuff as it’s out of season so people will have to learn to eat stuff that we can grow in the UK and eat what is in season that will also support our farmers, also if we can’t export lamb to Europe it will make it more affordable here so we will eat more. The farmer’s wont loose out that much as it has to be cheaper to transport to a shop in UK that to pay to send it miles all over Europe. Then hopefully my missus will stop buying tasteless out of season tomatoes and cucumber’s that apparently we must have for boxing day every year that don’t get eaten because as i say they are tasteless. Grow our own in season fruit and veg it never hurt my dad or granddad. Sorry to have gone on a bit but all this Brexit scaremongering get’s me going.Time for a beer ( brewed in England). :sunglasses: Come on then i am ready for the onslaught from people who tell me i don’t know what i am talking about. :smiley:

Kev so true with fruit and veg, only buy strawberries grown in Titchfield and Tomatoes from Swanwick lane short seasons but quality all the way, Buzzer.

gerbil sb152:
What gets me is they keep saying there will be shortage’s but everything they say will be short is stuff that 40 to 50 year’s ago we would not have had this time of year like strawberry’s and other soft fruit and salad stuff as it’s out of season so people will have to learn to eat stuff that we can grow in the UK and eat what is in season that will also support our farmers, also if we can’t export lamb to Europe it will make it more affordable here so we will eat more. The farmer’s wont loose out that much as it has to be cheaper to transport to a shop in UK that to pay to send it miles all over Europe. Then hopefully my missus will stop buying tasteless out of season tomatoes and cucumber’s that apparently we must have for boxing day every year that don’t get eaten because as i say they are tasteless. Grow our own in season fruit and veg it never hurt my dad or granddad. Sorry to have gone on a bit but all this Brexit scaremongering get’s me going.Time for a beer ( brewed in England). :sunglasses: Come on then i am ready for the onslaught from people who tell me i don’t know what i am talking about. :smiley:

Well, try this
businessinsider.com/no-deal … ges-2019-1
for veg.
And this
bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-55209329
for sheep and other meats.
We do not produce enough food to feed ourselves. So look at this too
countryfile.com/news/can-th … er-brexit/
We haven’t been self sufficient in food since the 18th century.
Could we become so? Probably.
Gives idea to pay farmers for cycle paths etc, rather than food production will.need scrapping. We will need to cut down on meat in our diet. Mostly indigenous foods such as peas, carrots, spuds etc.
All possible.

Hi all, yes i read and understand all the points you pointed out Franglais but i still don’t think it will be as bad as mainly the press are trying to make out,i know it will not be easy but it can and will work or the country will just starve. Hopefully it will stop the stupid thing’s they have done in the past like paying farmers to produce milk then pour it down the drain so we can import cheap milk from Germany. It still doesn’t get away from most of what is printed in the press is just scaremongering. At the moment no one really knows what is going to happen what ever it is we have just got to get on with it.As Buzzer would say just GEL on. :sunglasses:

Evening Buzzer

Well it’s still as wet as ever up ere, the only way to travel on the land is with a quad bike, it’s far too wet to walk about. Busy at work as people are rushing to move stuff before the holidays, setting off tomorrow afternoon heading for an early tip in Aberdeen with steel out of Southampton then loading straw back down so should keep us going…

Cheers Wrighty.

IMG_0215.JPG

IMG_0266.JPG

Wrighty no one can say you dont have a variety of work, you must have carried most things for Colin while on there, my boys are bizzy, bizzy as well trying to get subbies to cover the excess aint easy especially as there is a bit of stockpiling going on just in case it all goes breasts up with Brexit, today is supposed to be the day that they make a decision if its worth still being in negotiations but I aint sure ought will happen with a deal we shall see in due course.
Today it has not stopped with the wet stuff and we got more to come this week just glad stocks inside out of it, soon be Christmas and before we know it Spring will be here and we will be turning out stock ont grass, Cheers Buzzer.

130709844_1752324721599738_9196079634338992768_n.jpg

Buzzer, have to agree about being wet, and spring nearly here, just been out for a walk with me dog and there are daffodils out in flower that is very early. Scary world at the moment. Glad to hear the boy’s are busy is that UK or over the water or bit of both. :sunglasses: