Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

i was fearing the worst fate tor basil so good on you buzzer … :wink:

Buzzer:

robthedog:

Buzzer:
Couple days ago set a fox trap in the barn and this morning found we had captured one, been watching on cctv security camera’s and there have been a pair coming in regular nearly every night, was surprised to see a face off between a cat and a fox though and this lasted for a couple minutes the cat winning that but if it had been a fully grown fox the outcome may well have been different, still thats one less to preserve me chicken, Buzzer.

What you going to do with that pesky cretter then John ?

You may be surprised to hear we rehomed the critter in a country park 10 miles from here so hopefully we wont see him again, Buzzer.

You being an upstanding pillar of the community, and all heart, of course I wouldn’t have expected anything less.

Buzzer:

robthedog:

Buzzer:
Couple days ago set a fox trap in the barn and this morning found we had captured one, been watching on cctv security camera’s and there have been a pair coming in regular nearly every night, was surprised to see a face off between a cat and a fox though and this lasted for a couple minutes the cat winning that but if it had been a fully grown fox the outcome may well have been different, still thats one less to preserve me chicken, Buzzer.

What you going to do with that pesky cretter then John ?

You may be surprised to hear we rehomed the critter in a country park 10 miles from here so hopefully we wont see him again, Buzzer.

That’ll be the official version then ! :unamused: :confused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sounds similar to the dead badgers at the road side that didn’t get hit by vehicles they just appeared there :open_mouth:

Evening Buzzer

Well we’ve had a successful day at the auction today, sold 4 bulls all pure Limi top price £5700,then £3000,£1350 and £980 the first two went for breeding and the second two went as stores. Years of investment is finally paying off, we had quite a few enquiries for heifers and bulls with a few people wanting to come and have a look so we shall see.

Cheers Wrighty.

IMG_0126.JPG

Hey up Wrighty I do hope you power washed them bulls off before you took em to the mart to smarten them up, better to have sales at home then no commission to pay. Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Hey up Wrighty I do hope you power washed them bulls off before you took em to the mart to smarten them up, better to have sales at home then no commission to pay. Buzzer.

Yes Buzzer spent yesterday power washing brushing combing and trimming, the things you do for cattle eh, and like you say when sold at home no commision which saves quite a bit of brass…

Buzzer:
Sorry Wrighty about last night but see you got sorted tipping in the end anyways and perseverance got you tipped in the end. Went to Salisbury market today and it was the IOW Gilten sale but to be honest I was not very impressed with what was there, 40 Charolais steers and heifers all the way up from Camelford in Cornwall but some of those were only 4mo and very tiny, dont know why they bother better to leave em on the cows till they are 10mo, will keep on looking and hopefully summit will turn up, Buzzer.

I think you will find that is me with Chips trl on just had it all washed before shipping out lol
Cheers Andrew

Not been through here for a while lol

Quick coffee break this morning bit misty down in France lol

7D001828-0E2E-4504-BA64-F3AD272A8688.jpeg

Here we are for a 24hr break
59732212-22F7-431F-80EE-D117268947EB.jpeg

Andrew Morrison:
Not been through here for a while lol

I liked going to Italy,here’s a pic coming up the French side to the Frejus tunnel.

DSCI0051.JPG

And to Salisbury market we did go, lots of Charolais but all too young, looked at some 16/20mo steers and the first pen of 5 in my mind I had £1050 but they went on to make £1150 so could not go that far but very good things they were, Buzzer.

Long, long time ago in a hilltop cafe on the A4 tween Calne & Marlborough , Buzzer

img266 (2).jpg

Buzzer:
Long, long time ago in a hilltop cafe on the A4 tween Calne & Marlborough , Buzzer

Ridgeway cafe nr Silbury hill ?

Suedehead:

Buzzer:

Yes mate that was it, had two trucks on the synthetic rubber out of Fawley doing two loads up and a load of salt back which was stored at an old air craft hanger that Symes of Calne ran, they used to box the rubber up in wooden crates out of the metal stillages we delivered, sometimes we brought back collapsed stillages. There were about six regular trucks on that job so four of us two of mine and two of Gatterall’s used to have a break as there was no point in us all racing back as they only loaded two trucks at a time, when we had our tea and chewd the fat Gatteralls went on and loaded and we went and fuelled up on the way back down by which time when we arrived they had got loaded, knew every bump in the road we did it so often distant memories now, Buzzer.

Buzzer:

Suedehead:

Buzzer:

Yes mate that was it, had two trucks on the synthetic rubber out of Fawley doing two loads up and a load of salt back which was stored at an old air craft hanger that Symes of Calne ran, they used to box the rubber up in wooden crates out of the metal stillages we delivered, sometimes we brought back collapsed stillages. There were about six regular trucks on that job so four of us two of mine and two of Gatterall’s used to have a break as there was no point in us all racing back as they only loaded two trucks at a time, when we had our tea and chewd the fat Gatteralls went on and loaded and we went and fuelled up on the way back down by which time when we arrived they had got loaded, knew every bump in the road we did it so often distant memories now, Buzzer.

So Buzzer :open_mouth: you actually did a bit of Sheeting & Roping in the early days ------ any shots from those far off days to exhibit on the S & R thread then ? :wink: Cheers Dennis. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bewick:

Buzzer:

Suedehead:

Buzzer:

So Buzzer :open_mouth: you actually did a bit of Sheeting & Roping in the early days ------ any shots from those far off days to exhibit on the S & R thread then ? :wink: Cheers Dennis. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Don’t bite Buzzer he will shoot you down ,then we’ll have to endure endless sheeted up empty pallet pics :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Why do you have to go and stick your ■■■■■■■ oar in Dan’l and spoil the makings of another 40 page thread on Buzzers S&R capabilities which I would hazard a guess will be far superior to some of the crap efforts you post regularly :blush: :frowning: :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: No one knows how good Buzzer was at the craft years ago ! fair enough it was a long while ago but I bet he could show you a dodge ,sorry :wink: , a thing or two about sheeting & roping.! And I’ve just alerted “CF” that we may have the makings of a new thread where his valued input may be required ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

In the mid to late 70’s I did my fair share of R & S as back then taught liners were few and far between, not too many pictures though but did find one a load of fertilizer out of Avonmouth for Dorchester transport who distributed it to farms in the South of England, we also loaded out of Billingham to come home. It was an easy load to sheet especially with a fly sheet so I am in for a bollicking as Dennis I know you dont like ropes over a fly sheet but attention to detail was good as all the ropes were vertical and looked good when done, IIRC at ICI they had a sheeting up shed on the road out of the plant, no sides but a roof if it were raining the trailer in the picture was a SCAC French one which we had tipped in Neath a regular drop. The Frogs never got the hang of tying a dolly they just pulled up the slack then put in a pigs ear and looped the rope through and tied it off in a knot on the hooks, we nearly always carried a fresh coil of rope supplied by them as undoing all the knots would take all day, will try and find another example, Buzzer

img475.jpg