Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Came across this Komastsu 845 forwarder clearing out some smaller trees in a wood on a farm last week.Impressive bit of kit.

IMG_20200920_113452.jpg

IMG_20200920_112810.jpg

IMG_20200920_112944.jpg

IMG_20200920_113015.jpg

IMG_20200920_113156.jpg

I take it this is some sort of bone meal or something they spread on the fields. Was like a grey sand ■■

IMG_20200920_115511.jpg

IMG_20200920_115522.jpg

Hi Dean that forwarding timber tractor certainly makes life easier in the woods of today all hydraulic which never gets tired not like the old days when all that was done by hand, as for you white heaps that looks like lime to me which is spread on the fields actually to make the soil sweeter, when I was at home we used to have it spread on the grass in the Autumn and it used to come from the old pit on pepper box hill on the road to Salisbury which has now been land filled. Last time when passing there were cattle grazing on it, most of the lime lorries were ex army as they had four wheel drive for sticky land conditions.
On the Tractor front there was a sale of receiver farm goods at D.N.Crofts place as they did the recovery of the machinery and they put in there own 400hp Fendt tractor but it never made the K90 reserve so they must be horrendous price new.
See that Wrighty has already brought cattle in for the Winter and I wont be far behind him, the ones below know what nuts are now and are usually waiting at the gate ready. Feeding between the two gates now for a couple weeks so when we go to move them we aint chasing them round a 15 acre field, Cheers Buzzer,

IMG0268A (2).jpg

Hi all, yes years ago there was a company from up Petersfield way did the lime with the ex army truck’s bedford rl i think.It could have been something today with Butser Turf but not sure. :sunglasses:

Butser Lime works i think

heres one for JD

98C81949-68AB-4BCD-8C02-9A3EB2F60FEC.jpeg
Do you burn fires Buzzer down in shandy land :wink:

They probably have stuff like gas and elektrikery down there in the affluent south now Dan, it was slowly getting more civilized even way back in 1975 when I left! :laughing: I see you still have the old barrels from when you used to boil the missionaries arriving from Wirksworth when you lived in Bonsal though? :open_mouth:

Pete.

Punchy Dan:

It looks like it’s ganna be a lang hard winter up 'int hills :wink: Ah! but I could be wrong as Dan’l will have the latest AGA etc running on oil and those logs will be destined for door to door sales off the back of the Skateboard among the Peasants ! :unamused: :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

It looks like it’s ganna be a lang hard winter up 'int hills :wink: Ah! but I could be wrong as Dan’l will have the latest AGA etc running on oil and those logs will be destined for door to door sales off the back of the Skateboard among the Peasants ! :unamused: :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Looks like Denzil got inside info as she indoors has just had a 1 metre wide Everhot thing ,ZB knows how much they are :unamused: :open_mouth: :cry:

Dan we have got an open fireplace but have not had a real fire for some years now mainly as the chap who used to sweep the chimilee once a year wanted a £1 coin up from 50p the year before so we stopped having one, also we used to stoke her up and then it got too hot to sit in the room resulting in the Winter opening of the French doors. Had thought of getting a log burner as you have more control of the burn, hope you gonna stack them logs in the dry some where but have suspicions that Dennis has sussed you out and you are doing a Saturday round flogging them of by the bag of the wee truck you have.
Just come back from a window licking tour with the Mrs but bought a new disc mower on the way round, its second hand but only cut about 30 acres so should do me fine, cheers Buzzer.

windrush:
They probably have stuff like gas and elektrikery down there in the affluent south now Dan, it was slowly getting more civilized even way back in 1975 when I left! :laughing: I see you still have the old barrels from when you used to boil the missionaries arriving from Wirksworth when you lived in Bonsal though? :open_mouth:

Pete.

Two l’s in Bonsall Pete :laughing: apparently I wasn’t ment to cut the barrel :blush:

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

The Log sales are the “heavy side” of Punchy Industries the “light side” is selling clothes pegs, sprigs of heather and fortunes door to door :wink: !

Punchy Dan:

windrush:

Pete.

Two l’s in Bonsall Pete :laughing: apparently I wasn’t ment to cut the barrel :blush:

And an ‘a’ in meant Dan! :wink:

Pete.

Buzzer:
Hi Dean that forwarding timber tractor certainly makes life easier in the woods of today all hydraulic which never gets tired not like the old days when all that was done by hand, as for you white heaps that looks like lime to me which is spread on the fields actually to make the soil sweeter, when I was at home we used to have it spread on the grass in the Autumn and it used to come from the old pit on pepper box hill on the road to Salisbury which has now been land filled. Last time when passing there were cattle grazing on it, most of the lime lorries were ex army as they had four wheel drive for sticky land conditions.
On the Tractor front there was a sale of receiver farm goods at D.N.Crofts place as they did the recovery of the machinery and they put in there own 400hp Fendt tractor but it never made the K90 reserve so they must be horrendous price new.
See that Wrighty has already brought cattle in for the Winter and I wont be far behind him, the ones below know what nuts are now and are usually waiting at the gate ready. Feeding between the two gates now for a couple weeks so when we go to move them we aint chasing them round a 15 acre field, Cheers Buzzer,

Yes i thought it was lime at first but it was not white so i am buggered if i know plus more like sand.Cattle looking good.

Bit slow getting the camera out,think it was a Case tractor ?

IMG_20200920_115125.jpg

Couple of your favourites Buzzer.
Oily

Volvo 70_musclecar_RT+6 cc by sa 2.0 10954973533_3a37a97ba6_b.jpg

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, yes years ago there was a company from up Petersfield way did the lime with the ex army truck’s bedford rl i think.It could have been something today with Butser Turf but not sure. :sunglasses:

That could be greystone lime being spread in that field, a company that were later absorbed into the Tilcon group (The Oxted Greystone Lime Company from Surrey) quarried it. We had one of their Albion four wheeler tankers on internal use. When I lived in the Thames Valley chalk was used to spread on fields as there was plenty of that in the Chiltern hills. Lime and Basic Slag are mostly used around here and one of our club members is really busy spreading at present.

Pete.

Bewick:

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

The Log sales are the “heavy side” of Punchy Industries the “light side” is selling clothes pegs, sprigs of heather and fortunes door to door :wink: !

you missed off any old ion :laughing:

Punchy Dan:

Bewick:

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

you missed off any old ion :laughing:

Well ■■■■ it ! I sure did Dan’l but another question I forgot to ask is can you still get hold of bulk goldfish nowadays or is that classed as cruel by The Wokes or the PC brigade ? Oh! and what was happening in that shot “weighing in or robbing” ? :wink: :unamused: Hope you didn’t do any tyre damage as not the best of places to run into ! Cheers. :frowning: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Delivering :smiling_imp:,plus they only had a bridge big enough for artics so I had to split weigh as I was a trailer axle over :unamused: ,any one for tarmac :question: :wink:

Punchy Dan:
Delivering :smiling_imp:,plus they only had a bridge big enough for artics so I had to split weigh as I was a trailer axle over :unamused: ,any one for tarmac :question: :wink:

Ah! split weighing well that stroke sounds like an opportunity to gain an extra “phantom” ton or so :open_mouth: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Well what a day on the farming front as well organized plans do not always get executed as they were intended, for a month or more I have trained my Lim stirks to come between two gates to feed so when we needed to move them home it would be simple, unfortunately one has to rely on lets say not in tune cattle handlers. 09.30 was muster time and myself and four willing helpers started the operation as follows, me put feed in troughs as per normal, two men behind to drive them out and 1/4 mile up the road with all escape routes blocked came out as one unit and off up the road and round the corner then just up a slight slope and in the gate and home, well all but one who decided ime not having that went mental and turned and escaped across the park down the lane into the church yard and into the woods which backed the field he came out of eventually jumping back into the very field he came out off, well by now he was well fired up and it was decided to take two from the barn back down and turn out with him to calm the situation. We will try again in a couple days but build a coral and trailer the three home thats if we can catch em and booked a TB test for Tuesday so fingers crossed. On another note why is it that when you plan summit like this a normally quiet road turns into the likeness of the M1 with cars & vans coming from all directions and all in a hurry, just the chooks to shut up now and then rest, Buzzer.