Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Franglais:

Buzzer:
WHY is this necessary, UK border force apparently temperature checking drivers so Kent police started operation stack, no rhyme nor reason for it its just stupidity especially with the country on its knees and trying to get up and get on, wonder who’s idea this was. Snapper has been trapped there for five hours already and no telling when he will get moving, no wonder there are not many UK hauliers left doing this job.
Check the pictures and see how many UK trucks you can see in the pictures, there aint many thats for sure, no toilets or facilities either what a complete mess, this needs sorting and pronto and I bet they dont check them immigrants when they land and on top of that the MOD has offered old barracks to house them as well, we need to get a hold in this country thats for sure, Buzzer

I don’t think the MOD are offering anything.
Local councillors are rather upset that central Gov are putting 400 or so in a single camp without any consultation first.
All from different areas and religions etc, no right to work, little cash, nowt to do…

Found out about so called counter terrorist checks later on but the driver was told it was temperature checks, if what you say is true about lumping them all together in a single camp that is surely a recipe for disaster, mind you they were like that in the camps in France. The best thing to do is to deport them all and stop giving them support of any kind, its just a joke at the moment the amount crossing the channel illegally every single day aided and abetted by the Frogs no doubt making it our problem not there’s, or we could send them back to Turkey and pay them per head and let them start all over again.

Couldn’t agree more. Would free up a bit of parking as the flip flops (am ii allowed to say that nowadays :unamused: )
will have an instant backload.
As long as they go back in a tilt, as that wouldn’t infringe there human rights, as there would a bit of airflow
Boils my ■■■■

What a joke extra checks and were in this mess, I shudder to think what it will be like at the end of the year then.

Hi all there will not be a problem at the end of the year as the EU will still want and need to trade with us it’s just both side’s trying to prove a point. But what do i know it’s just my opion. :sunglasses:

Buzzer:

Franglais:

Buzzer:
WHY is this necessary, UK border force apparently temperature checking drivers so Kent police started operation stack, no rhyme nor reason for it its just stupidity especially with the country on its knees and trying to get up and get on, wonder who’s idea this was. Snapper has been trapped there for five hours already and no telling when he will get moving, no wonder there are not many UK hauliers left doing this job.
Check the pictures and see how many UK trucks you can see in the pictures, there aint many thats for sure, no toilets or facilities either what a complete mess, this needs sorting and pronto and I bet they dont check them immigrants when they land and on top of that the MOD has offered old barracks to house them as well, we need to get a hold in this country thats for sure, Buzzer

I don’t think the MOD are offering anything.
Local councillors are rather upset that central Gov are putting 400 or so in a single camp without any consultation first.
All from different areas and religions etc, no right to work, little cash, nowt to do…

Found out about so called counter terrorist checks later on but the driver was told it was temperature checks, if what you say is true about lumping them all together in a single camp that is surely a recipe for disaster, mind you they were like that in the camps in France. The best thing to do is to deport them all and stop giving them support of any kind, its just a joke at the moment the amount crossing the channel illegally every single day aided and abetted by the Frogs no doubt making it our problem not there’s, or we could send them back to Turkey and pay them per head and let them start all over again.

It seems you’re correct that the MoD offered this site.
400 all in one open camp. It isn’t a detention centre, so free movement for those housed there.

telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 … bandoning/

Few shots from movements today within DIT always on the move (sorry that sounds a bit like Ralph) Buzzer

Are cruises still continuing?, there are 8 at anchor in Weymouth Bay today, 3 off Teignmouth and 3 off Bournemouth.

kerbut:
Are cruises still continuing?, there are 8 at anchor in Weymouth Bay today, 3 off Teignmouth and 3 off Bournemouth.

“kerbut” dont think they are but they still have skeleton crews on board who need supplies and we do very little of that work now just the odd one, Buzzer

This is todays problem, can you spot it and they want the fridge running, Buzzer

Buzzer:
This is todays problem, can you spot it and they want the fridge running, Buzzer

4.2M fridge then

robthedog:

Buzzer:

4.2M fridge then

Not in Europe, would’nt have a roof on it for long and a hefty fine no doubt, pictured is Andrew in Holland always like the place, always clean and its flat and definitely no over 4mtr trailers there, Cheers Buzzer.

Lower the trailer floor…

Andrew “snapper” Morrison with two other UK trucks in Northampton, Buzzer.

Morning Buzzer

Well it’s certainly been a better week on the weather front, it’s drying up nicely up ere and far better to work in, I have done a full weeks driving and been up and down to Scotland twice bringing straw down both times.
Has quite a successful day on Monday as we sold 180 mule gimmers at an average price of £107 which we thought was alright as we were in early, then spent some of the proceeds yesterday on three Leicester tup lambs which will go to work shortly on the crossed yows.

Cheers Wrighty.

DSC_1336.JPG

Hi Buzzer the height of them boxes ,they never give up do the i bet that if they are loaded it makes up a extra 6 pallet load.

Do you remember the bridge going in to BREADA i am sure it said 3.8 meters i think our trailers were 13ft 8 i cannot remember, good job the trailer has not got meat rails or hooks in now-days ,sometimes we had to take the hooks out and store them in the side trailer boxes , if you had christmas tree hooks it was a nightmare ,you had double hooks ,all that weight and they wanted you to run legally…yes the Dutch were always good to load and and they filled you up with coffee ,well not me, but the other lads…they never boiled the water, they used to say that we burned the coffee buy boiling the water…

Hi PDB one of my first memories of truck driving abroad in my own motor was in an AEC Mandator doing LEP work multi drop to Holland but that is more years ago than I want to remember and the bridges always looked low too me.

Wrighty looks like you were busy last week but what surprises me is that you are bringing straw from Scotland south when I thought that would be the other way round but hey hoe its all work at the end of the day. Nice to see you had a reasonable day at market with your sheep as a lot of work goes into production during the year.
My cattle have now got there clocks set when I go on the feed round and are never far from the gate at around 10.30 in the morning, they only have to here me unlock the chain and they are there. On another note I have the Farmers Weekly magazine a week late after my mate has read it and think I saw one of your Scanias for sale in the adverts section and it was loaded with straw, looks very similar to yours anyway, cheers Buzzer

Time for “snapper” to GEL ON from peage de Ronai in France this morning, Buzzer

Evening Buzzer

Well winters on its way it was that wet yesterday we ended up bringing 10 heifers and the newest calved cows inside, to be fair they did look content munching through a bale of silage. Its going to be a long winter but we have plenty of crop and it’s better than ploughing up the fields.

Cheers Wrighty.

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Well winters on its way it was that wet yesterday we ended up bringing 10 heifers and the newest calved cows inside, to be fair they did look content munching through a bale of silage. Its going to be a long winter but we have plenty of crop and it’s better than ploughing up the fields.

Cheers Wrighty.

Thats a couple of serious tractors Wrighty ! :smiley: Would they be about the largest you can buy here ?