Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Not quite your style Buzzer an old un still going Monday past in Dingwall, one occupant, bit restless, through the vent Simmental or cross.
Oily

Buzzer:
R22 GEL departing Tracy Island today after a quick was & brush up, Buzzer

Still looks like new Buzzer. :wink: You managed to buy and more animals yet ?

DEANB:

Buzzer:

Morning Dean no more stock at the moment but waiting for TB results today on some private from Cornwall so we shall see, on inspection me tractor engine was toast and finding a replacement was not easy but in the end my tractor man found one in Inverness and it is hopefully winging its way south on a pallet as we speak so if all goes well and nothing goes awry we should have it back early part of next week, Buzzer

Dynamic duo Chip & Commador Barr dining in Castets tonight, Buzzer.

Picking French beans Buzzer!!
Salut Andy

horaces first:
Picking French beans Buzzer!!
Salut Andy

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Buzzer:

DEANB:

Buzzer:

Morning Dean no more stock at the moment but waiting for TB results today on some private from Cornwall so we shall see, on inspection me tractor engine was toast and finding a replacement was not easy but in the end my tractor man found one in Inverness and it is hopefully winging its way south on a pallet as we speak so if all goes well and nothing goes awry we should have it back early part of next week, Buzzer

Did they pass Buzzer ?

If you do buy them will you collect with your motor or try and find a livestock haulier than can maybe backload them for you ?

DEANB:

Buzzer:

DEANB:

Buzzer:

Did they pass Buzzer ?

If you do buy them will you collect with your motor or try and find a livestock haulier than can maybe backload them for you ?

Test reading was at 6pm last night so aint herd yet mate but someone else has choice of first 20 then he’s batching some for me and taking a video so we will have to wait and see, should know over the weekend. On another note had me hair cut this morning at 9am first customer in a new salon operated by a formerly mobile hairdresser and get this I pay her with sausages and no money changes hands, Buzzer

John, Thank you for the Louis Reece pictures. Regards, Ray Smyth.

Dean the cattle in Cornwall past the TB test but I never got first dibs on selection so the best were gone and the video of the bunch that was left was ill matching and did not suit me so we declined on them but off to Salisbury tomorrow to have another go.
Today me tractor was delivered back to me after a heart trans plant, my man found an engine in Inverness and had it sent down on a pallet, cheap at £55, it arrived on Friday afternoon and my man worked over the weekend to change it over, a lot of the manifolds had to be swopped and this takes time as they tend to get studs that have grown in so to speak but it sounds grand now so hope its a goodun, he has changed oil & filter twice as a precaution just incase any dirt etc has infiltrated during the change, as they say oil is cheap and engines cost money. Got some more grass to cut next week so we see how she goes, Cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Dean the cattle in Cornwall past the TB test but I never got first dibs on selection so the best were gone and the video of the bunch that was left was ill matching and did not suit me so we declined on them but off to Salisbury tomorrow to have another go.
Today me tractor was delivered back to me after a heart trans plant, my man found an engine in Inverness and had it sent down on a pallet, cheap at £55, it arrived on Friday afternoon and my man worked over the weekend to change it over, a lot of the manifolds had to be swopped and this takes time as they tend to get studs that have grown in so to speak but it sounds grand now so hope its a goodun, he has changed oil & filter twice as a precaution just incase any dirt etc has infiltrated during the change, as they say oil is cheap and engines cost money. Got some more grass to cut next week so we see how she goes, Cheers Buzzer.

Cant win em all Buzzer with regard to the cattle,but sounds like your man has done a good job on the tractor. :wink:
You can see why the pallet companies are so busy £ 55 from Inverness is peanuts.

Talking of Peter Gilder he run some tidy motors.

gilder s.PNG

Dean the last time I saw Peter Gilder was at Pat Duffy’s funeral and he had not changed one little bit, he was one of the forerunners in International livestock transport and always ran top equipment in his distinctive livery.
Once on a Sunday I had arranged to go to his yard to view some Scania tractor units with intentions of buying if we agreed a price, ringing him the day before to confirm he said to me dont come here before 9am, well me always an early bird got there about 7.45 as nothing on the roads that morning. Well no sign of life so i went down his yard for a sneaky look at what may be on offer and still no one had stirred so got in my motor and blew the horn a couple of times and from the rear of the house came an enraged Peter waving a pointed continental road mans shovel telling me to eff off chasing me into the yard in no uncertain matter and shouting I told you not before nine and you wont be buying anything off me today, after a while he calmed down and we did a deal but learned not to be so early in his yard ever again, Buzzer.

img121 (2).jpg

Just spotted John and “The Boss” going through our village on the way to Salisbury market today.

107376578_1865218906952364_8457360798197751700_n.png

Hi Richard trust you and Angie are both keeping well, went looking for your gaff on Sunday on me way back from Warrens where my tractor was being repaired, the Boss had never been over the drift hole as we used to call it when I was a nipper bit rough going so just as well we were in the Disco, some posh houses out there tried to spot your castle among them but none of the gates had an Iveco or Renault badge on em so we never found you. That picture could not have been me as no trailer on the back but looks more like summit Jimmy Hatch would run out of your local filling station, his dad who coincidently had a tin leg used to live next door to us on Penn Common and my mother always got our second hand bikes of him as he used to buy them and do them up, long gone days not forgotten plus I see my old scout hut is still there but in my days it was built of wood, Cheers Buzzer.

PS. The fellow in the picture swept our chimney, he said he knew you well Richard but when I paid him with a £20 note he said I’ll nip to me van and get you a tenner change but he drove of in the direction of Wellow and I aint seen him since

103974211_10219172992929500_4328765178155661102_n.jpg

Buzzer:
Dean the last time I saw Peter Gilder was at Pat Duffy’s funeral and he had not changed one little bit, he was one of the forerunners in International livestock transport and always ran top equipment in his distinctive livery.
Once on a Sunday I had arranged to go to his yard to view some Scania tractor units with intentions of buying if we agreed a price, ringing him the day before to confirm he said to me dont come here before 9am, well me always an early bird got there about 7.45 as nothing on the roads that morning. Well no sign of life so i went down his yard for a sneaky look at what may be on offer and still no one had stirred so got in my motor and blew the horn a couple of times and from the rear of the house came an enraged Peter waving a pointed continental road mans shovel telling me to eff off chasing me into the yard in no uncertain matter and shouting I told you not before nine and you wont be buying anything off me today, after a while he calmed down and we did a deal but learned not to be so early in his yard ever again, Buzzer.

Yeah he certainly run good gear chap ! Not really the way to treat a customer who’s gonna spend some serious wedge. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

He must have had thousands of Scanias pass through his yard over the years.

Hi John
We are fine thanks sorry to miss you and The Boss at the weekend would have been nice to see you both,hopefully we can treat you both to a meal up at The Rock around the 27th of this month as we couldn’t make the celebrations last year.Going over the drift hole you must have gone by your Dads old friend Austin Youngs place, spent a great weekend with him and Ernie in France at Vix, Andy Youngs house.
Chap came and cut our fields last week in this old Fordson,just like the old days.

Regards
Richard

Richard I did not know you were a country land owner and all that as well, looks like that grass needs a spray job to get rid of the weeds best get in touch with B.P. Rolls they come highly recommended in the spraying field. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

With reference to Peter Gilder , I bought a V8 Scania 142 from him , left hand drive with a Dutch conversion Esteppe roof , it was E901 HDF , no speed limiter , I later found out it was a cut down chassis , to end up as tractor unit .(From a wagon and drag )
There was a rumour about the house in the yard burning down , but those in the know what happened , he also ran Russanglia ltd with a Russian wife , running to Kazakhstan and chartering a ship to move livestock to avoid the very angry animal export activists .
I heard he lived in Dubai and may well be not there anymore ?
As Buzzer says , he is quite a character.

Afternoon Buzzer

Well that’s me finished for three days, the jobs very busy so worked this morning delivering concrete panels to Millom. Back home to try and get some crop in over the weekend, the forecast is not too good but we may get some mown on Saturday and picked up on Sunday. We will see what sort of a mess we make getting it off as the land is now getting pretty soft… No doubt there will be pictures to prove.

Cheers Wrighty.

DSC_0943.JPG

Hey up Wrighty sounds like you bin busy, we need some of your rain down here as we have only had dust dampeners so far, looking set fair next week so may cut some more grass especially as having got me tractor back after its heart transplant, i’ve put mower back on and it sounds sweat as a nut so lets hope its a goodun. Off to Frome tomorrow to have a look see whats available you dont know if you dont go, Buzzer.