Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Afternoon Buzzer

Had a couple of busy days bailing hay up ere and it should be reet stuff, red hot weather made it kill very easy but we’ve had a shower at dinner time today and more forecast for later so should help to get the grass growing again.
Only worked two days this week as the motor has gone into Scania for a new gearbox, apparantly the casing is corroding behind a heat shield so Scania are replacing it F.O.C, would’nt want that bill eh…

Cheers Wrighty.

Should be a LIKE button for them farm shots wrighty.
Oily

oiltreader:
Should be a LIKE button for them farm shots wrighty.
Oily

Hi Oily quite often you find that persons involved with transport have also a connection with farming and the land and this thread though even saying so myself has become popular with its viewers for that reason, a good mix of both sectors and all down to the power of the internet, trip to Frome Market today but cattle too dear for me and not much sign of trade easing so we keep on looking, Buzzer

Sad news today, first of all its the end of the line for Andrews old kettle so its out with the old and in with the new, personally I would have put the old soldier on Ebay especially as it was well travelled and had the provenance to go with it but “snapper” cast aside a money making opportunity there.
The second sad bit of news is that me tractor that was taken to me fixer yesterday has a terminal engine failure, at first we thought it might just be a head gasket but on inspection half a valve is missing also the side of the block has missing metal and as the fitter said the turbo which incidentally should not be on that model (after market add on) was like a ■■■■ in a dustbin. He is trying to source a second hand engine to fit as the rest of the tractor is really clean for its age but we may have to go down the route of sourcing another machine.
After reading my plight Wrighty when you are on your travels to numerous dealers yards I may be after a two wheel drive Massey like a 375 or 390 so if you see ought perhaps you could alert me mate, cheers Buzzer

PS. At least the new kettle is company blue :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

55659B3D-E001-47F2-995E-CDD3C10E8C71.jpeg

Buzzer:
Sad news today, first of all its the end of the line for Andrews old kettle so its out with the old and in with the new, personally I would have put the old soldier on Ebay especially as it was well travelled and had the provenance to go with it but “snapper” cast aside a money making opportunity there.
The second sad bit of news is that me tractor that was taken to me fixer yesterday has a terminal engine failure, at first we thought it might just be a head gasket but on inspection half a valve is missing also the side of the block has missing metal and as the fitter said the turbo which incidentally should not be on that model (after market add on) was like a ■■■■ in a dustbin. He is trying to source a second hand engine to fit as the rest of the tractor is really clean for its age but we may have to go down the route of sourcing another machine.
After reading my plight Wrighty when you are on your travels to numerous dealers yards I may be after a two wheel drive Massey like a 375 or 390 so if you see ought perhaps you could alert me mate, cheers Buzzer

PS. At least the new kettle is company blue :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry to hear of your tractor problem,I’ve got a 57’ FE35 if you are interested,in the middle of being fettled at present!

Sunny side up, not big enough for me but they do sell well nowadays,Buzzer

Buzzer:
Sunny side up, not big enough for me but they do sell well nowadays,Buzzer

Thanks for righting the photo Buzzer,with regards to not being big enough,the tractor has its original Standard 2200 Diesel engine which were pigs to start from cold unless everything to do with timing was spot on,mine wasn’t helped by having a blown head gasket and seized water pump,but that’s all been rectified now,just a hobby now,but you are right,restored they fetch anywhere north of €8000,crazy.

Evening Buzzer

Well what a change in the weather Thursday was very hot and then today it hasn’t stopped raining, the river has burst it’s banks and we had a drama in Hawes earlier when an idiot on a motorbike with a pillion on board tried to cross the flooded ford in Gayle, as you can imagine it didn’t end well when they were washed down the beck. There was four fire engines, police and ambulance on seen and it will be us the tax payers who will end up paying the bill.
Bad news about your tractor, Masseys are usually bulletproof when it comes to reliability. I will certainly keep mi eyes peeled for any tidy tractors that I think might do your job, not sure where I’m going tomorrow so we shall see.

Cheers Wrighty.

Wrighty
Your last picture showing the international tractor making silage, I think it may be the French built 523 model. Others may be able to confirm ( or otherwise )
Harry

wrighty:
Afternoon Buzzer

Had a couple of busy days bailing hay up ere and it should be reet stuff, red hot weather made it kill very easy but we’ve had a shower at dinner time today and more forecast for later so should help to get the grass growing again.
Only worked two days this week as the motor has gone into Scania for a new gearbox, apparantly the casing is corroding behind a heat shield so Scania are replacing it F.O.C, would’nt want that bill eh…

Cheers Wrighty.

Well Buzzer is a mate Wrighty so lend one of yours as you have a few knocking about by the looks of it ! :wink: Cheers Dennis PS and the means of getting it down to him ! :sunglasses:

HARRYSPOTTER:
Wrighty
Your last picture showing the international tractor making silage, I think it may be the French built 523 model. Others may be able to confirm ( or otherwise )
Harry

Evening HARRYSPOTTER

Yes I think you are right I just had a look on Google images and it does look like a 523, appologies for my ignorance but it was before I was born… :blush:

Cheers Wrighty.

Wrighty
I only knew because I tried one when I was on an exchange visit to France with a Northumberland young farmers trip in the late 60s. Shows how old I am !!!
Regards Harry

Bewick:

wrighty:
Afternoon Buzzer

Cheers Wrighty.

Well Buzzer is a mate Wrighty so lend one of yours as you have a few knocking about by the looks of it ! :wink: Cheers Dennis PS and the means of getting it down to him ! :sunglasses:

Evening Dennis

Aye Buzzer can tek his pick. it’s that wet up ere we won’t be needing them this week coming… :open_mouth:

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20191002_015.jpg

Aye the range of weather we get is unbelievable ---- two days of 33 degrees where you couldn’t abide to sit out then a couple of days of torrential downpours !! It should have washed all the slurry in if it was all got out in time though ! Cheers Dennis. PS I reckon there would be too much technology in that big green and grey machine for Buzzer !! :wink:

Bewick:
Aye the range of weather we get is unbelievable ---- two days of 33 degrees where you couldn’t abide to sit out then a couple of days of torrential downpours !! It should have washed all the slurry in if it was all got out in time though ! Cheers Dennis. PS I reckon there would be too much technology in that big green and grey machine for Buzzer !! :wink:

How right you are Dennis, once when driving me horses with a mate through a village in the New Forest we came upon a chap who actually went to school with me mum and he was leaning on a pitch fork, my mate said Fred why dont you use that tractor thats stood there and his quick reply came " I may as well be sat in a Jumbo jet as i would’nt know what buttons to Press" he would be alright on a little grey Fergie though, Buzzer.

Andrew shipping out this morning on the “stinky express” more traffic coming the other way in inflatables, and shipping out to Bosnia 1997. Buzzer.

Today is the Bosses birthday although very good with figures she does not want to count the years as its a very long trip she has been on with no night out money to show for it. Still at her desk four days a week keeping things in order making sure money is collected and bills & subbies are paid, not always the most enviable of tasks but she has never wavered which has secured longevity and security to the machine that is Davies International Transport.
Next year marks the big 50 in this game for DIT and we are still at it and there is no sign of her giving up her position, me on the other hand I have been demoted to the loss making division of the company but did do my bit in the early years.
Finally a thankyou to all those who we met on the way, some bad but a hell of a lot of good people and that’s customers and staff lets keep it going well into the future with James (Horry) & Steven (■■■■■■) under the wing of the Boss.

Buzzer:
Today is the Bosses birthday although very good with figures she does not want to count the years as its a very long trip she has been on with no night out money to show for it. Still at her desk four days a week keeping things in order making sure money is collected and bills & subbies are paid, not always the most enviable of tasks but she has never wavered which has secured longevity and security to the machine that is Davies International Transport.
Next year marks the big 50 in this game for DIT and we are still at it and there is no sign of her giving up her position, me on the other hand I have been demoted to the loss making division of the company but did do my bit in the early years.
Finally a thankyou to all those who we met on the way, some bad but a hell of a lot of good people and that’s customers and staff lets keep it going well into the future with James (Horry) & Steven (■■■■■■) under the wing of the Boss.

Built on sound footings Buzzer and long may it continue.
DIT= Doing it Thoroughly
Happy Birthday to Mrs D
Cheers
Oily

Who ever did this has a very creative mind but i think its brilliant, Buzzer.

R22 GEL departing Tracy Island today after a quick was & brush up, Buzzer