Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Hi Buzzer, a fine line up photo somebody has “borrowed” to post on FB(British transportnostalgia) so for the non FBers on here a sight to behold.
Oily

Buzzer ..92021245_2786615408118248_7420648398706966528_o.jpg

The glory days Oily wish I had them now would be worth a fortune, best colour scheme we ever had not like today factory white and stripe it, sad but that is the way nowadays costs too much to do a full paint job, Buzzer

beautiful line up, remember seeing them out and about always put them up there with pulleyns fleet “in the day”…

I always said davis best looking fleet I ever seen regards rowley

rward:

Thanks Rowley & m.a.n rules, how are you Rowley not good this virus in Wales nor here we are two of the hotspots in the country so we got to keep our heads down till it all clears up, keep safe mate cheers Buzzer.

Hi buzzer it’s really bad around here me and my son had a meeting with the boys who work for us and decided to isolate 2 weeks ago I live next door to him they think they had it mild my grandsons are ok done all the chores around house it’s getting frightening around here I must say tho itsgreat to see most people looking after each other anyway to all you drivers and your families good luck take care were ever you are regards rowley ward p.s the brits will never b beat

rward:

Definately the best colour scheme. :smiley:

The middle one looks the best as that had the nicer looking grill in my opinion with the Volvo badge in the middle.
Never liked the look of the grill with just the diaginal strip across it,thought the other one looked much better.

Hi John
As you have all your lorries new its only about £90.00 to have them any colour you like from the factory.
Cheers Rich

oiltreader:
Hi Buzzer, a fine line up photo somebody has “borrowed” to post on FB(British transportnostalgia) so for the non FBers on here a sight to behold.
Oily

Looking good John…
Hope your keeping your head down over there…

Re the pic… I know around that time you had dear old Tone piloting and possibly Roy Talman but who else…■■

All the best Balders…

Baldrick1953:

oiltreader:
Oily

Looking good John…
Hope your keeping your head down over there…

Re the pic… I know around that time you had dear old Tone piloting and possibly Roy Talman but who else…■■

All the best Balders…

Balders the other day we did a list of drivers who worked for DIT over the years that are no longer with us and we got to 18 so stopped as it got depressing, the boys are pulled out the place with work as we do food & pharma traffic mostly so at least we are keeping going, Buzzer.

Yeah I guess we’re at that age now … :open_mouth:
Keep dodging the bullets … ttfn :slight_smile:

Evening all.Loaded out of a company today a lot of the older Davies drivers will remember loaded for the naffi at James Hall in Preston all be it a new warehouse now just off motorway & only going Southampton not Split lol mores the pity.
EF1749E6-C070-4EE2-94A6-DA8E96E9E5DD.jpeg
80B4C3CF-2C07-45FC-991B-E7CC3A667A66.jpeg

HRS:

Buzzer:
Lovely picture Andrew but I need to know who the pea flicker was and did they get retrieved, reminds me hen I was at primary school which was many moons ago the peas we had for lunch were like little bullets and a certain amount ended up on the floor, now we had a nipper who’s name was Terry Trust and he would crawl round on the floor in the afternoon retrieving these and eating them, he was not the full ticket as you can imagine.
As for the eggs sales they are manic and no doubt I will get Knighted when this is all over for services to the community, chooks are laying well at the moment and most eggs are still warm when they go out the door, Buzzer

Hope he has more luck with the gear leaver and steering wheel than he does with the knife and fork John, but I’m sure the glass of wine will help :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Harvey

Hi hrs I’ve always laid a table like that my mum used to call me cack handed lol

Just a little update on the gardening front, yesterday me and me mate got the rotovator out and fired her up, he did the rotovating and the tilth it created was amazing due to the recent fine weather we have had, anyways got two rows of Charlotte spuds in which I have been chitting but not enough so went to Mole Valley country store in Wickham, managed to get some bags of compost for potting the beans and only two bags of mixed corn for the chooks, as for any other seeds they have been wiped out as every on with time on there hands has had the same idea and have gone grow crazy.
Today we hope to set up the bean lines with the Heras fence I use just to get ready, did mange to order some more seed spuds and climbing French beans on line so waiting for them to arrive, Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

Well were having a busy week at work, loaded near Shrewsbury then a drop at Ludlow then tipped a horsebox near Liss Petersfield and reloaded at Chilcomb and then picked up a tractor near Beaulieu. What a bonny spot Beaulieu village is, loaded about a mile past the motor museum at a McCormick dealer. Ran back home today and dropped a tractor off in our yard then running up to St Boswells int morning then up to Nairn, reloading Dyce and then Blantyre so will be back home on Thursday sometime… Not sure but I think I may have passed Snapper on the M40 somewhere or it may have been on the A34…

Cheers Wrighty.

Wrighty you need to slow down mate you are making me giddy with all this up and down. On a serious not all you boy’s out there still working are doing a great job no matter what you carry it is still keeping us feed and the country running. Well done lad’s i for one clap for you as well. :smiley:

Hey up Wrighty you been a busy boy, Beaulieu is where 17 of my steers came from. The home of the national motor museum and normally this time of year you would have a job to move round there for grockles, very quiet round our way and lots of people out for a walk most of whom I have never seen before. Got some bean seeds to pot up at weekend in the greenhouse plus I mowed all the grass today, need a bit of rain now and I never thought I would be saying that after what we have had over the winter.
Litter up tomorrow and more haylage in, no takers yet on the big steers so may just run them out on the grass for the Summer, three weeks till I can turn out on the marsh and a bit later for the others but the ground is certainly dry enough now, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Hey up Wrighty you been a busy boy, Beaulieu is where 17 of my steers came from. The home of the national motor museum and normally this time of year you would have a job to move round there for grockles, very quiet round our way and lots of people out for a walk most of whom I have never seen before. Got some bean seeds to pot up at weekend in the greenhouse plus I mowed all the grass today, need a bit of rain now and I never thought I would be saying that after what we have had over the winter.
Litter up tomorrow and more haylage in, no takers yet on the big steers so may just run them out on the grass for the Summer, three weeks till I can turn out on the marsh and a bit later for the others but the ground is certainly dry enough now, Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

What a nice spot Beaulieu is especially when it’s quiet, ponies and donkeys grazing around the lake would have been ideal sat outside the Montague arms having a refreshing pint or two. Anyway there wasn’t time with mi busy schedule had to get a tractor up to Nairn pronto, back home tonight for four days of farming, injecting hoggs spreading muck/fertiliser, about 10 left to lamb and as always they seem to take an age to get on with it.

Cheers Wrighty.

Buzzer:

With regard to the steers Buzzer are the markets still operating ? I know you mentioned they were operating a couple of weeks ago a drop and
go operation. With all this panic buying that’s been going on you would think you would get top dollar at the moment ?

tribsa:
Hi John
As you have all your lorries new its only about £90.00 to have them any colour you like from the factory.
Cheers Rich

Morning Rich, sorry to jump in on your chat.
The problem with a factory colour was always, “residual value” you would get a lot more for a plain white unit when you had finished with it that a coloured one, especially a heavy colour.
If you adapted to the heavy colour you bought second hand it always looked like the original owners truck, unless you lived far away.
Putting together an operating lease for a haulier it was always dearer if the truck was coloured, again due to residual value, I will shut up now, sorry. Harvey