Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Back down the road a bit, Buzzer

Hi all, you got that wrong John if one of Ralph’s was stopped he must have broke down. :sunglasses:

Kev I cant see any one with spanners, that’s all you needed back then mate not a computer, Buzzer

Just seen onFB Hants CC has shut all the tips

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First part of TB test today, Spanish vet Maria was in attendance had two men getting them in the race me on the rear gate of the crush with a long bit of bale twine and one opening the crush at the front to release when jabbed, Maria was mustard on the yoke of the crush as well as the testing and we all stayed two meters apart so job was a goodun.
Most markets are now operating drop and go with livestock and only buyers allowed in to view and bid for stock, all unloading done buy market staff and the paperwork collected from the drivers cab, cheers Buzzer

Pictures taken by livestock agent already online.

IMG_7514-300x225.jpg

IMG_7512-300x225.jpg

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, you got that wrong John if one of Ralph’s was stopped he must have broke down. :sunglasses:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

In colour !

dave williams scan.PNG

DEANB:

gerbil sb152:

In colour !

Dean that was some hell of a 142 one of the best trucks we have ever owned, three months old when we got it one of the last in the line of the two range, it was 3.8wb on air we had another 3.6 on air bought from Peter Gilder, cheers Buzzer.

No need to comment, Buzzer

Buzzer:

DEANB:

gerbil sb152:

In colour !

Dean that was some hell of a 142 one of the best trucks we have ever owned, three months old when we got it one of the last in the line of the two range, it was 3.8wb on air we had another 3.6 on air bought from Peter Gilder, cheers Buzzer.

They still fetch really good money second hand if you can find one ! :wink:

Are all of your motors working in the UK at the moment chap ?

DEANB:

Buzzer:

DEANB:

gerbil sb152:

In colour !

They still fetch really good money second hand if you can find one ! :wink:

Are all of your motors working in the UK at the moment chap ?

Se one is shipping out of Pompy tonight Dean, Buzzer

Two DIT’s coffee break Aire de Chatellerault Usseau this morning, don’t look over crowded in the car park, Buzzer.

Well how quiet it is around here not many cars about few people walking, just walked the dog down the marsh summer grazing checking the fences as May is turn out time, had a call from an auctioneer asking if I had any cattle to enter Tuesday as he fears the market may close. In Southern Ireland Varadakar has already shut all livestock markets so it may very well come to us here too.
Egg sales are manic and have a job to keep every one happy, I’ve never been so popular. Reading of the TB test tomorrow so fingers crossed to go clear, Cheers Buzzer

Evening Buzzer

Well the weather is playing a blinder up ere at the moment, dry sunny days just what our lambs need and they are loving it. About 50 left to lamb so we have got the job bossed, the cattle are still calving so it’s all hands on deck at the moment. Our auction in Hawes is just at collection centre now, we took 3 old yows on tuesday but were only allowed to drop them off so we will have to see how little they made.

Cheers Wrighty.

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Well the weather is playing a blinder up ere at the moment, dry sunny days just what our lambs need and they are loving it. About 50 left to lamb so we have got the job bossed, the cattle are still calving so it’s all hands on deck at the moment. Our auction in Hawes is just at collection centre now, we took 3 old yows on tuesday but were only allowed to drop them off so we will have to see how little they made.

Cheers Wrighty.

Hi Wrighty are you looking at burtersett there ? I took a giant rubber pond liner to a farm there when the foot n mouth was last time ,cheers Dan’l.

Punchy Dan:

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Cheers Wrighty.

Hi Wrighty are you looking at burtersett there ? I took a giant rubber pond liner to a farm there when the foot n mouth was last time ,cheers Dan’l.

Yes Dan Burtersett is on the right hand side of the photo, nice and quiet up ere no bloody tourists trailing through our new dropped lambs it will be the same with you no doubt…

Cheers Wrighty.

Yes been at home today hardly anything been past ,the sheep over the road and my hens make the most noise at the min ,although I’ve been out dropping concrete Lego blocks off at hotels and places to stop unwanted campers :open_mouth: and doing all the car park entrances at beauty spots as idiot town dwellers descended on the area last weekend!

Punchy Dan:
Yes been at home today hardly anything been past ,the sheep over the road and my hens make the most noise at the min ,although I’ve been out dropping concrete Lego blocks off at hotels and places to stop unwanted campers :open_mouth: and doing all the car park entrances at beauty spots as idiot town dwellers descended on the area last weekend!

Yes it was the same up ere over the weekend the place was full of bikers and walkers, the caravan site was full on Saturday but by Sunday night it was empty and I would imagine it will be like this for a while, still never mind I’m on holiday this week so we will see if were at work on monday…

Cheers Wrighty.

The farming report for today egg sales are manic although the chooks are performing really well in this summer like sunshine, sat outside having a cuppa I had to put the blind down it was that hot. Then on with the reading part of the TB test a very nerve racking time as you never know if you will get a reactor but pleased to say we went all clear which is a relief, the steers were not to keen on going in the collection pen as they knew what was coming.
On another note the Boss took up four packs of sausages to Tracy Island for our loyal drivers who are having time off in the yard, none want to go home and feel safer where they are at the moment, cheers Buzzer.

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Cheers Wrighty.

Who keeps your walls up Wrighty ? are you an accomplished “waller” or do you use a contractor? but don’t tell me you just stick a gate across a gap ! :wink: great weather though for giving the lambs a chance to get thriving ! Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Cheers Wrighty.

Who keeps your walls up Wrighty ? are you an accomplished “waller” or do you use a contractor? but don’t tell me you just stick a gate across a gap ! :wink: great weather though for giving the lambs a chance to get thriving ! Cheers Dennis.

Morning Dennis

We tend to put the snips up ourselves but for the bigger gaps we have a local lad who does them, I can wall in a fashion but rarely find time to do the bigger jobs… And no we don’t use gates or pallets as a stop gap, if it’s possible we single it up until our man walls it.
Oh well better git out and do summat, it’s a bit cooler today and there’s a fair wind blowin but a least it’s still dry.

Cheers Wrighty.