Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Dennis I don’t know your man Farron but he sounds a bit of a J. Arthur don’t you do country sports up your end then perhaps a stray shot or two would put it right, cheers Buzzer

Hey Buzzer, on the farming front across the Channel I like this telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 … nshrining/
Oily

Oily heritage concerns, last night I watched Ed Balls in the Netherlands on BBC2 and a feature about there custom of Black Peter who assists Santa Clause now that would never happen here as it would be classed as racist but there its been the custom for men to black there faces in the name of that tradition and they are protecting that right as part of there Dutch heritage.

Wrighty when Alice wants to redo the kitchen below is pictured the very latest in farm house kitchen down lighting what do you think, Buzzer

83194489_2721431234616184_144892903573946368_n.jpg

Buzzer:
Oily heritage concerns, last night I watched Ed Balls in the Netherlands on BBC2 and a feature about there custom of Black Peter who assists Santa Clause now that would never happen here as it would be classed as racist but there its been the custom for men to black there faces in the name of that tradition and they are protecting that right as part of there Dutch heritage.

Wrighty when Alice wants to redo the kitchen below is pictured the very latest in farm house kitchen down lighting what do you think, Buzzer

That’s mooed lighting Buzzer :smiley:

Scania.

Went shopping at 10am today first stop pick up 30 pol pullets then on to the second stop 8 single suckled AA x steers followed by the third stop 9 AA x single suckled steers all steers to be picked up next week and still home by 2pm phew, cheers Buzzer

Tracy Island tonight
BD1F1A98-BA86-4864-986B-A0D2805F5483.jpeg

Good evening everyone it looks like I’m back (stop groaning at the back lol)just thought I’d look in & try it & there’s now an option to choose image size Happy days…
Cheers Andrew
8CD51C97-C0A0-4923-B603-254210EB0137.jpeg

About to leave Tracy Island

52BF8469-D5A0-4D3B-BAA9-D31D67FCCD62.jpeg

All parked up for Christmas
5BB19FBF-06F6-4C4B-B001-00D0FA1ACC9E.jpeg
6C587657-EB24-4529-8314-C7AF9337CCDB.jpeg

Morning Snapper

Good to see you back with the photos, happy near year and all that hope to catch you up the road in 2020…

Cheers Wrighty.

Hi Andrew, Good to have you back, happy snapping from now on. Bobs

Another sad day as we learnt at the weekend that Paul Bessant aka “Paul Who” had passed, it was him that started this thread back in 2008. My first encounters with Paul was in the early 90’s when he drove for Keith Barrett from Newcastle, one of four drivers for that company he used to call into our home that was also our office for supplies, we were Barrett’s southern base or at least it felt like that back in the day, anyways Paul subsequently came to work for us and it is allegedly he got the name Paul Who from using the CB and on one of his first trips abroad he met another Davies truck on its journey home, the conversation went who’s that in the Davies truck to which he replied Paul and the answer came back Paul Who and that name stuck with him thereafter, this was quite common for drivers to be given nicknames in our company and they seem to stick long after leaving us.
Paul was a quiet but full of humour and a pleasure to work with but lost his fight with the big C which is so sad and a life taken far to soon.
his name will live on as the founder of this very popular thread RIP friend from the Davies family and all who knew and worked alongside you at Davies International, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Another sad day as we learnt at the weekend that Paul Bessant aka “Paul Who” had passed, it was him that started this thread back in 2008. My first encounters with Paul was in the early 90’s when he drove for Keith Barrett from Newcastle, one of four drivers for that company he used to call into our home that was also our office for supplies, we were Barrett’s southern base or at least it felt like that back in the day, anyways Paul subsequently came to work for us and it is allegedly he got the name Paul Who from using the CB and on one of his first trips abroad he met another Davies truck on its journey home, the conversation went who’s that in the Davies truck to which he replied Paul and the answer came back Paul Who and that name stuck with him thereafter, this was quite common for drivers to be given nicknames in our company and they seem to stick long after leaving us.
Paul was a quiet but full of humour and a pleasure to work with but lost his fight with the big C which is so sad and a life taken far to soon.
his name will live on as the founder of this very popular thread RIP friend from the Davies family and all who knew and worked alongside you at Davies International, Buzzer.

RIP Paul.

Another fella gone…

Nice bloke to run with… R.I.P Paul…

I saw one of the fleet for the first time today while road testing an old bus, 99 GEL was leaving the airport cafe at Sellindge.

Paul was overtaken by one last week. :laughing:

That you this snowy morning Wrighty on shap with 3 Deere John’s on ?